Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Screw the Colts

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

And I really hope the Bengals play their starters this week, or the Jets will have received the most BS playoff berth I have ever seen.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    They at least owe it to their fans not to have them waste money to come see a team play that they think is going for a perfect record. If you're going to rest you're starters, fine, just let it be known before hand so your fans don't waste their valuable time and money going to see it.

I just think that was a crappy thing to do in their situation. They were going to easily win the game had they kept their starters in and it's unlikely that there would have been any serious injuries.

If they were getting blown out, or blowing the Jets out, or had they been in a bad weather situation, then fine. But I just think they handled that the worst way possible today.
    BTB....just admit it....the reason you are really upset is because it helped the Jets get a game up on the Broncos.

Total sarcasm, don't get mad.

EDIT** After your last post, I take that back.

4. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I thought Bill Simmons had a good point on Twitter today... Or at least something worth thinking about. If the plan is to play your players for only 1 half--why not make it the second half?

And I really hope the Bengals play their starters this week, or the Jets will have received the most BS playoff berth I have ever seen.
    I can't lie, my hatred for Rex Ryan makes me want us to play our guys and beat their asses so bad that they draft another QB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    The fans knew. Caldwell is Tony Dungy lite, and it was pretty clear to me that he was going to go that route.

He played his games for a half, that's probably adequate.
    Not by the way they were booing. And based on the fact that Manning never took his helmet off, I'm not so sure he expected it either. When you're leading late in the 3rd with your starters still in, I think it's reasonable to expect them to finish it out.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

They at least owe it to their fans not to have them waste money to come see a team play that they think is going for a perfect record. If you're going to rest you're starters, fine, just let it be known before hand so your fans don't waste their valuable time and money going to see it.

I just think that was a crappy thing to do in their situation. They were going to easily win the game had they kept their starters in and it's unlikely that there would have been any serious injuries.

If they were getting blown out, or blowing the Jets out, or had they been in a bad weather situation, then fine. But I just think they handled that the worst way possible today.
    I think their fans esp the STH would be there no matter what.Look at their record..I would hardly call it wasting their money.

I also think keeping players healthy and fresh for the playoffs is a hell of alot more important that having a perfect season...how did that work out for the Pats?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    BTB....just admit it....the reason you are really upset is because it helped the Jets get a game up on the Broncos.

Total sarcasm, don't get mad.

EDIT** After your last post, I take that back.
    Yes I'm mad because it hurt the Broncos, but I still think it was lame how they went about it.

11. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by KCL View Post
    I think their fans esp the STH would be there no matter what.Look at their record..I would hardly call it wasting their money.

I also think keeping players healthy and fresh for the playoffs is a hell of alot more important that having a perfect season...how did that work out for the Pats?
    How has it worked out for the Colts every time they have done it? They always lose in the playoffs when they shut it down at the end of the season. Their one SB was when they played all the way through.

I don't think you can use the Pats as an example. They didn't lose because their starters didn't get rest over the last few weeks, I think that's preposterous. They lost in large part because the Giants benefited from the most fluke play I have ever seen.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

If I knew my team was going to shut it down and not try to win the game, no way I waste my money on it. Once they put Painter in the game, it was 100% over.

If I knew my team was going to shut it down and not try to win the game, no way I waste my money on it. Once they put Painter in the game, it was 100% over.
    well STH have already paid for their tickets so that is a moot point for them.
    and as far as what has happened in the past to the Colts...that's exactly what it is...the past.

15. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

well STH have already paid for their tickets so that is a moot point for them.
    and as far as what has happened in the past to the Colts...that's exactly what it is...the past.
    If my team was 14-0 and I had tickets to the game and I knew they were going to rest their stars and not try to win, I'd have told those tickets in a heartbeat, so no, it's not a moot point.

And you know what they say about those who don't learn from history...they are doomed to repeat it.

Adopted Bronco:
    All Broncos Cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Didn't they rest their guys the year they won the SB?

I don't mean to be mean, and BTB you're one of my favorite posters, but they don't owe anyone anything. They are one of the best ran teams in the NFL, if they feel that the course of action they're taking is in their best interest, that's their prerogative.
    People pay to see Peyton Manning, not Curtis Painter. Plus, I don't think there was anything wrong with Manning. On top of that, teams like the Jets can sneak into the playoffs because of the other team "resting" their players. All I know is, if I were a Colts fan and this were my first Colts game I attended... I'd be bitching and asking for my money back.

(Note: He was on one of my Fantasy Teams, but I had the insight to sit him and play Alex Smith.)

If my team was 14-0 and I had tickets to the game and I knew they were going to rest their stars and not try to win, I'd have told those tickets in a heartbeat, so no, it's not a moot point.

And you know what they say about those who don't learn from history...they are doomed to repeat it.
    Maybe you would have sold your tickets...you're not a Colts fan so yes it is a moot point...esp now since the game is over..

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by WVUnBroncosfanJim View Post
    People pay to see Peyton Manning, not Curtis Painter. Plus, I don't think there was anything wrong with Manning. On top of that, teams like the Jets can sneak into the playoffs because of the other team "resting" their players. All I know is, if I were a Colts fan and this were my first Colts game I attended... I'd be bitching and asking for my money back.

(Note: He was on one of my Fantasy Teams, but I had the insight to sit him and play Alex Smith.)
    Agreed. The Colts gypped every fan who wasted their valuable time and money to go to that game today. They owe it to the fans who have supported them throughout their first 14 wins to either try to win #15, or to let them know beforehand that they had no intentions on winning the game.

Like I have said, though, the way they went about it is embarrassing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Maybe you would have sold your tickets...you're not a Colts fan so yes it is a moot point...esp now since the game is over..
    given this logic we shouldn't discuss anything that's happened in the past, seeing as it's a moot point.

21. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

KCL

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information