Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Screw the Colts

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Default Screw the Colts

Either play your starters or don't. To play your starters into the 3rd quarter and get the lead just to then shut it down and basically give the game to the Jets is pathetic. I hope someone destroys them in the playoffs, even if it's San Diego.

Every time the Colts do this they wind up losing in the playoffs. I hope it happens to them again.

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Either play your starters or don't. To play your starters into the 3rd quarter and get the lead just to then shut it down and basically give the game to the Jets is pathetic. I hope someone destroys them in the playoffs, even if it's San Diego.

Every time the Colts do this they wind up losing in the playoffs. I hope it happens to them again.
    I fail to see what difference it makes really...if they feel it's best to sit the starters in order to prepare for the playoffs..so be it

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived KCL For This Post:

My only question is....it hasn't worked before, why do it again. It always seems to bite them in the ass. Just play your guys, they get paid to play. Trust your players.

6. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

...And Derrick Mason for that matter.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Didn't they rest their guys the year they won the SB?

I don't mean to be mean, and BTB you're one of my favorite posters, but they don't owe anyone anything. They are one of the best ran teams in the NFL, if they feel that the course of action they're taking is in their best interest, that's their prerogative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

I've always thought it was in the best interest of the game to leave division games to the last 3 weeks of the season and NEVER in the first 4 weeks. I think that is just plain stupid.

It would create far more meaningful games at the end of the year. As we've seen, Oakland didn't just lie down for us, Cle didn't just lie down for Pittsburgh. You may occasionally have teams lock things up like the Colts did this year, but because so many division games are played those last 3 weeks you'd still have teams with legit shots at winning the division very late... I mean is it right that Cinci clinches their division this late against a non-division opponent who really isn't playing for anything... you know Oak/KC/SD would NEVER lay down when they played us and it would just make the final weeks far more interesting.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived JDL For This Post:

13. Default

My best mate is a Colts fan and he actually was embarrassed today at the idea that the jets could beat us to the playoffs after beating his team's reserves.

To be fair to Cincinnati, they won three straight divisional games, which is incredibly hard, and something that I didn't want.

We didn't get off easy at all. None of those teams laid down for us in any game.

I wasn't exactly stoked that we had to play the Chargers and the Vikings in back to back weeks. Is it fair to force a team to play two elite teams in a row?

Is it fair to put Cincinnati in a division that consistently sports two top five defenses?

Is it fair for the Cardinals to get to play in the worst division in football?

Is it fair for the Eagles, Cowboys, Skins and Giants to play in the same division, I mean that division is stacked.

Is it fair for the Texans to have to be an expansion team in the AFC South? I mean hell, that division usually puts out two really good playoff teams.

Life is hard and then you die.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

15. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Hamza Abdullah

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post

I don't mean to be mean, and BTB you're one of my favorite posters, but they don't owe anyone anything. They are one of the best ran teams in the NFL, if they feel that the course of action they're taking is in their best interest, that's their prerogative.
    Nope, that was the year they played their guys through the season.

17. The Following User High Fived champbronc2 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by champbronc2 View Post
    Nope, that was the year they played their guys through the season.
    You are correct.

http://www.nfl.com/players/peytonman...97&season=2006

Adopted Bronco:
    All Broncos Cheerleaders

I think this notion of "resting players" before the playoffs is one of the most laughable things I've ever heard... it just halts momentum. The only way I would "rest" players before the playoffs is if they were on the verge of an injury, like Pierre Garcon with his hand. Fine. Rest him. But, resting Peyton Manning for the sake of resting him? Horseshit.

But, if the Colts want to make their fat hump fans unhappy by resting their players then gettin knocked out of the playoffs early, then so be it.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived WVUnBroncosfanJim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WVUnBroncosfanJim View Post
    I think this notion of "resting players" before the playoffs is one of the most laughable things I've ever heard... it just halts momentum. The only way I would "rest" players before the playoffs is if they were on the verge of an injury, like Pierre Garcon with his hand. Fine. Rest him. But, resting Peyton Manning for the sake of resting him? Horseshit.

But, if the Colts want to make their fat hump fans unhappy by resting their players then gettin knocked out of the playoffs early, then so be it.
    This is something I do agree with. I want Cincinnati to play their guys most if not all of the way through against the Jets. I do believe in momentum, you can't measure it, but it's impossible to miss.

I have heard the argument that if you do play your guys and you loss you could kill momentum entirely, and that does seem reasonable.

I still want my football players to play football.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post

They at least owe it to their fans not to have them waste money to come see a team play that they think is going for a perfect record. If you're going to rest you're starters, fine, just let it be known before hand so your fans don't waste their valuable time and money going to see it.

I just think that was a crappy thing to do in their situation. They were going to easily win the game had they kept their starters in and it's unlikely that there would have been any serious injuries.

If they were getting blown out, or blowing the Jets out, or had they been in a bad weather situation, then fine. But I just think they handled that the worst way possible today.

23. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

They're an organized bunch...I don't see how playing them or benching them really matters.Right now IMO them and the Chargers are the top 2 teams...I wouldn't have put SD above the Saints a few weeks ago but I would now.

The fans knew. Caldwell is Tony Dungy lite, and it was pretty clear to me that he was going to go that route.

He played his games for a half, that's probably adequate.

26. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information