Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: my observations of Philly GAME 12/27/09 - (merged)

Default my observations of Philly GAME 12/27/09 - (merged)

I thought overall the boys played well today..

Marshall dropped 3-4 balls today that he needed to catch they were early in the game and they hurt us badly..

Orton looked good and Thought he had most of his throws placed well for the most part..

Scheffler should have been reamed out on that pick while the ball was in the air a long time there was NO WAY he should have allowed it to be picked off with out a fight.. he is bigger than the DB and he should have fought for the ball.. I lost a lot of respect for him on that one..

D still had problems stopping the run and wow did they set another NFL record for long plays given up, or WHAT..

the one long TD play was really lousy coverage on someone part. and to allow Mc Nabb that 35 yard run on 3rd and forever was the back breaker IMHO..

they played and lost to a legit PLAYOFF not OAK whom we should have beat like a rented mule..

Playoffs or not this team has come along way this season, I look forward to seeing how Josh is going to plug some holes on the LOS..

the refs left a lot to be desired in this game and the last review there was NO doubt in my mind on how that was going to come out.. I left the bar at that point to drive home.. some of those calls were well lets stay creative.. while they may have really been there how the Eagles did not called on the same stuff well perhaps they decided after Stockley beat one of them up that they would show us..

2. The Following 14 Users High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Noah Fant

Pretty well sums it up Jr.

Are they really making progress? I guess they are by not getting blown out in games like this and Indy.

This team, and I mean from top to bottom, needs to learn how to play whole games.

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived horsepig For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by horsepig View Post

Are they really making progress? I guess they are by not getting blown out in games like this and Indy.

This team, and I mean from top to bottom, needs to learn how to play whole games.

I think that comes with time in grade/scheme.. I know that I did not expect a season this good this year.. so I have been more than pleased upset because they do not play every game the same all the time in those games..

but for everyone dissing them well I can understand it as they looked like world beaters in those first 6 games.. but the season wore on, after listening to their press clippings they came back to earth and played a hell of a game.. today..

I have to wonder if Marshall would have caught a couple of those dropped balls if the outcome would have been different.. but lots of mistakes bad plays and really bad reffing cost us a game we could have won against a quality team that has been working together for a LONG time..

We will get better next year after everyone sits down and studies tape..

6. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

At least we'll have a fun off-season. Some guys to re-sign, who will we keep, who will go. Who will be our new LG? Great draft pick. Should be fun peeps.

8. The Following User High Fived JONtheBRONCO For This Post:

Vince Lombardi

"We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time."

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived KCL For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by KCL View Post
    Vince Lombardi

"We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time."
    No I am pretty sure they lost the game, and time didn't have anything to do with it.

Four time in second half when they started on/or about the 50 and three points is losing the game.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    No I am pretty sure they lost the game, and time didn't have anything to do with it.

Four time in second half when they started on/or about the 50 and three points is losing the game.
    Well of course they lost the game...I just like that quote.

13. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by horsepig View Post

Are they making progress - WELL - there were many who thought before the season started, that they would win 2, 3, 4 games - so I definitely feel they have made progress.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Are they making progress - WELL - there were many who thought before the season started, that they would win 2, 3, 4 games - so I definitely feel they have made progress.
    I have been following the Broncos all year just like I do the Chiefs and the other 2 teams...no offense and yes I know the Chiefs are in last place....but Denver has just been to inconsistent.To beat the Chiefs to a pulp to losing to the Raiders at home...they did a good job today...just not good enough..just my observation.

17. The Following 5 Users High Fived KCL For This Post:

Can't really argue that. I am impressed that this team fought to the end today. It was a long QB run, the one catch and two holding calls against the Broncos' Oline that lost the game. The Eagles were on the ropes in the third Quarter and the start of the fourth.

But I agree that the Eagles have been playing together in the same system for a very long time. I think Reid has been there 11 years, and McNabb has been there a long time as well. This is the first year of McD's system and for Orton and the other Broncos. I was especially impressed with the develoment of the D which I think can get better with time in the system. For having just moved to the 3-4 and hybrid offshoots, they did pretty well. Most thought it would take two years before they could play a decent 3-4 D, but I think they were at least competitive for a vast majority of plays. (Case im point: how many were surprised by the play of Ron Fields?)

I was surprised by the Oline's digression, and I am looking for changes in that area, including in the coaching staff.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Brand For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Barrel Man

Quote Originally Posted by Brand View Post
    Can't really argue that. I am impressed that this team fought to the end today. It was a long QB run, the one catch and two holding calls against the Broncos' Oline that lost the game. The Eagles were on the ropes in the third Quarter and the start of the fourth.

But I agree that the Eagles have been playing together in the same system for a very long time. I think Reid has been there 11 years, and McNabb has been there a long time as well. This is the first year of McD's system and for Orton and the other Broncos. I was especially impressed with the develoment of the D which I think can get better with time in the system. For having just moved to the 3-4 and hybrid offshoots, they did pretty well. Most thought it would take two years before they could play a decent 3-4 D, but I think they were at least competitive for a vast majority of plays. (Case im point: how many were surprised by the play of Ron Fields?)

I was surprised by the Oline's digression, and I am looking for changes in that area, including in the coaching staff.
    You and JR are spot on. Thank God there are fans here with common sense. Lord knows I didn't have much today

#3 overall defense. I'd say thats a hell of an improvement and something to build around. Is our secondary getting any younger? No. But with an improved defensive line, our defense could be something great next year. They still have a year or two left in the tank. Ayers played pretty well today too. I'm telling you, we aren't far off. We need Harris to come back heathy and some interior linemen (LG, C - and I'm thinking Logan Mankins might look great in Orange and Blue - he is a FA after this season).

A lot of us (including myself at times) are quick to point the finger at Moreno for running so poorly, but if you study our line play closely, esp on run plays, the LG position is a glaring weakness. We do need another RB to add to the mix and another tall WR to even out the field. I don't know if Orton is the answer, he looks good at times, but he has also gone weeks without a solid ground game. A balanced attack does wonders for the offense, as we've seen out of the Saints and Patriots.

We have some big pay checks to dish out:

Priority #1 Brandon Marshall, pay him, pay him, pay him.
    Priority #2 Doom.

22. The Following 6 Users High Fived JONtheBRONCO For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by broncobryce View Post
    You and JR are spot on. Thank God there are fans here with common sense. Lord knows I didn't have much today
    most fans are good ones I missed the heat of the day by actually watching the game.. many folks have been expecting a playoff win on even farther..

but they really do not remember how big a hole we have been in from a lack of talent..

lots thought that Josh only had to shore up the defense, but after watching the oline over the past few few months realize that it was a matter of time, before this happened..

we were paper thin last year and to think we had all the oline together from start to finish is pretty incredible.. but anyone with a clear eye on it knew that hamilton was the biggest weak link he has played on roller skates for years he simply was not strong enough to cut eh mustard in pass blocking POCKET style ever.. he was helped in years past by nalen.. when casey took over for him they were still doing teh ZBS for running and while ok it bought him and casey indecision seconds on pass protection.

once that went away and they went to more of a passing games than mostly ZBS we all saw how he stunk it up.. he is no longer playing and frankly I'd be surprised if he is on the team next year.. for that matter casey also..

when Harris went down and frankly he is not super either we bit the big one they had to try and get back to the ZBS because the O line is simply not big enough, strong enough to handle NFL pass protect ..

now why didn't Josh get it I believe he bought the hype that that they could handle it because after all they were one of the best in the league last year..

he learned by his and dennisons mistakes and there will be at least two newbies on the o line next season..I think they will draft biggies on the NT and maybe another DE (true) and then in the third and fourth go for a OG and maybe a center but I suspect they will bring a FA in for that since it is a tough position to fill.

Ayers looked like he was in the mix today.. alot more than in the past.. I forgot to mention him before.. but that was a good catch..

Adopted Bronco:

Aside from the mistakes throughout the game, the o-line let us down at the end. First down pass to keep a possible game winning drive going...HOLDING. Orton's run (which I thought McD should have gone for it on 4th down)...HOLDING.

Funny thing about the offense this year and all the complaints that have come up...but it seems like the weakest link on that side of the ball has been the line. And let's not be ignorant and blame it on losing the ZBS.

25. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Aside from the mistakes throughout the game, the o-line let us down at the end. First down pass to keep a possible game winning drive going...HOLDING. Orton's run (which I thought McD should have gone for it on 4th down)...HOLDING.

Funny thing about the offense this year and all the complaints that have come up...but it seems like the weakest link on that side of the ball has been the line. And let's not be ignorant and blame it on losing the ZBS.
    If its not the players, and its not the scheme, what is it? Coaching?
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information