Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jason Kidd Traded to Dallas

Default Jason Kidd Traded to Dallas

WFAN reports that Jason Kidd has been traded to the Dallas Mavericks, although the Nets and Mavs have yet to publicly confirm the deal.

The proposed trade has Dallas sending point guard Devin Harris, swingman Jerry Stackhouse, center DeSegana Diop, Devean George and another player (Mo Ager?) to New Jersey for Kidd and guard Darrell Armstrong. We're still awaiting confirmation, but it sounds like Kidd's run in New Jersey is over. If Harris is going to the Nets, Marcus Williams will continue to be nothing more than a backup. Feb. 13 - 2:18 pm et
    Source: Dallas Morning News

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Only a matter of time when the rumors first came out. Dallas felt that with the Moves the rest of the west was making that they needed to move. Definitly is interesting because Kidd can be a factor this year and at least for next year as well. Dallas able to keep picks which is nice for them.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

wow the west this year.........................WOW

Mavericks suck.
    2012: The Year that Mo Got Laid

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Rex For This Post:

I think the Mavericks got hosed in that deal... New Jersey is making out like a bandit!

7. The Following User High Fived BOSSHOGG30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Kidd on the floor with Josh howard and Dirk? Sounds scary to me.

Adopted Bronco:

This trade sucks. Statistically speaking, Harris is the best defensive PG in the West. Playing against Chris Paul, Tony Parker and Steve Nash...that comes in handy. His offense has improved and he's better statistically in every category per 48 minutes. PLUS...he's 24. I don't care about Stack, but Harris is turning into a stud and Diiop is a solid low post defender.

Dallas runs isolations to Howard and Dirk, so Kidd's passing won't factor much. As a Mavs fan...I hate this trade.

10. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    This trade sucks. Statistically speaking, Harris is the best defensive PG in the West. Playing against Chris Paul, Tony Parker and Steve Nash...that comes in handy. His offense has improved and he's better statistically in every category per 48 minutes. PLUS...he's 24. I don't care about Stack, but Harris is turning into a stud and Diiop is a solid low post defender.

Dallas runs isolations to Howard and Dirk, so Kidd's passing won't factor much. As a Mavs fan...I hate this trade.
    My first reaction, and since I hadn't really paid attention to the Mavs this year I didn't say anything, was, "but don't the Mavs lose a large part of their new-found defensive presence?"
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

With the New Jersey Nets poised to complete a blockbuster deal to send Jason Kidd back to Dallas on Wednesday night, Mavericks reserve forward Devean George has unexpectedly exercised his right to block the trade, according to NBA front-office sources. Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that the teams verbally agreed to the deal earlier Wednesday and were preparing to submit the trade for league approval when George informed the Mavericks that he wouldn't consent to being included in the deal, which is his right based on a rare provision in his one-year contract.

The deal -- salvaged from talks on a three-way trade with Portland that developed and fizzled quickly two weeks ago -- has Dallas sending 24-year-old point guard Devin Harris, veteran swingman Jerry Stackhouse, the expiring contracts of center DeSagana Diop and George and guard Maurice Ager to New Jersey for Kidd and forward Malik Allen.

Sources say Dallas would also send the Nets the league-maximum $3 million, the Mavs' first-round draft pick this June and a first-rounder in 2010.

Kidd was with the Nets in Toronto, but didn't talk to the media before the game. He and Allen were both inactive, along with reserve Antoine Wright.

ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard reports that the Nets and the Mavs were likewise poised to complete a separate trade that will send swingman Wright to Dallas for a future second-round pick.

Before Dallas' game against Portland on Wednesday night, Mavs coach Avery Johnson wasn't ready to call the trade complete.

According to the Dallas Morning News, he said that many trades "get to the 20-yard line, inside the red zone, and don't get into the end zone."

Asked if he thought the trade would go through, Mavs owner Mark Cuban said, "No, I don't think so," according to the newspaper.

Harris, one of the keys to the proposed deals said, according to the Morning News, trades are "part of life. I'm just a spectator to the madness."

Dallas had widely been considered the favorite to win the Kidd trade sweepstakes, despite the repeated attempts of Mavericks owner Mark Cuban to publicly dismiss the idea of parting with multiple regulars for Kidd. Cuban told several New York-based reporters before New Jersey beat Dallas on Sunday that a deal for All-Star floor leader would severely weaken his roster.

"For us to make the numbers work in a deal like that, we'd have to trade away half the team," Cuban said. "We're not doing that, so it just doesn't work. And we like our team. We've got a lot of room for improvement and we hope to get better. But right now, I just don't see anything happening.

Yet sources close to the process insist that the talks had heated up within the past 24 hours, with the Mavs still tantalized by the prospect of bringing Kidd back more than a decade after the pre-Cuban regime drafted him out of Cal, watched him share rookie of the year honors with Grant Hill in 1994-95 and then traded him to Phoenix on the day after Christmas in 1996.

Stackhouse's agent told him he was on the move.

"Now I think it's pretty much a done deal," Stackhouse told The Associated Press earlier Wednesday.

The Nets were expected to buy out Stackhouse's contract immediately, which would have enabled him to re-sign with Dallas if he waits 30 days.

"I feel great. I get 30 days to rest, then I'll be right back," Stackhouse said. "I ain't going nowhere."

That might be more true than he knew.

Senior writer Marc Stein covers the NBA for ESPN.com.
    Well never mind, Kidd stays put for the moment.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

It'd be kinda dumb for the future of the Mavericks...5 players, including 1 budding star, and 2 1st round pix for a very quickly aging PG who is shooting under 40% from the field. If this happens, they BETTER win this year or the window is closed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

I know Pop is bitter right now..Thinking..."Why couldn't Deavon be a part of the Pau trade"..

On that note..Pau kicked some more ass tonight, making his teammates better...Lamar had a triple double.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I still have faith that SA will be ready come playoff time. I wouldn't mind adding Mike Miller, but even w/o a move I think SA can still get it done...assuming TP is ready to go.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    I still have faith that SA will be ready come playoff time. I wouldn't mind adding Mike Miller, but even w/o a move I think SA can still get it done...assuming TP is ready to go.
    How has Stoudemire been coming along for you guys this past 2 weeks or so?

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Playing pretty well actually. He's no Parker, but he has helped. I like Vaughn, but the depth and stability was much needed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Playing pretty well actually. He's no Parker, but he has helped. I like Vaughn, but the depth and stability was much needed.
    The regular season doesn't matter for you guys anyways...The biggest up hill battle for the Spurs during reg season, is keeping the core healthy. Record, standings don't matter for the Spurs...

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information