Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: land of misfit ponies

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by sanluis View Post
    Looks like no playoff again for the misfit ponies??!! At least you topped last years record.... you know ... giving up a historical 3 game lead with three games to go. Nice record, no one else in the NFL has ever done that, just you cute little trophy polishing ponies! Now you guys are looking like the only 6-0 team to start a season to miss, choke, fumble away , ( you get the idea) a playoff spot. Wow ! Congrats on that

rub rub rub
    what can i say, we do things in a big way. . . even choking, i guess. . .

hey, at least we're not happy to settle for mediocrity like the sparklers. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Holly jumped up crud!! You mean to say that these poor traumatized ponies now have to cheer their little lungs out for their arch rivals??

The horror !!!!!

rub rub rub
    .........as the bile comes back up their throats.
    Dina moe humm--------greatest song ever

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Saddest thing is, i may end up rooting for the Bolts to finally win one. God, i feel dirty.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Saddest thing is, i may end up rooting for the Bolts to finally win one. God, i feel dirty.
    dude, ****!

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

6. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Check your facts.

There's been a team before to start 6-0 and not make the playoffs. We won't be setting any records if we miss the playoffs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sorry, I gave at the office.

Talking oops!!

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Check your facts.

There's been a team before to start 6-0 and not make the playoffs. We won't be setting any records if we miss the playoffs.
    Oh .. here it is ... this is much better....

One year after the Broncos became the first NFL team to blow a three-game division lead with three to play, they can write another chapter in the league annals by becoming the first to start a 16-game season 6-0 and not finish with a winning record.

rub rub rub...

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Holly jumped up crud!! You mean to say that these poor traumatized ponies now have to cheer their little lungs out for their arch rivals??

The horror !!!!!

rub rub rub
    Dude, you better hope we don't make the playoffs. Because, if we do, there is
    a chance we will meet again, in your house.

And you have proven the last couple years you cannot beat us in your house.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

10. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Dude, you better hope we don't make the playoffs. Because, if we do, there is
    a chance we will meet again, in your house.

And you have proven the last couple years you cannot beat us in your house.

-----
    Even so... I would like another game between our teams. just to get that out of our system

12. The Following User High Fived sanluis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Even so... I would like another game between our teams. just to get that out of our system

Oh, we'll be very happy to beat it out of your system!

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

14. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Oh, we'll be very happy to beat it out of your system!

-----
    Well let's see how well you cheer for the Raiders first.... we can't get too far ahead of ourselves....

Adopted Bronco:

keep rubbin' sanluis-- it'll get you in shape for rubbing your head after you guys choke in the playoffs once again. . .

you know why people call your team the sparklers?

because no matter how bright they burn, they always fizzle out at the end. . . .
    - John Elway

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Unhappy

Oh .. here it is ... this is much better....

rub rub rub...

We won't even be the first team since 1990 to do this if we do miss the playoffs. Here's an excerpt from an article on biggest collapses since 1990.

2) 2003 Vikings. The only team since 1990 to start 6-0 and miss the playoffs, the Viking collapse was unprecedented and embarrassing on multiple levels. After starting 6-0, the Vikings allowed over 28 points in each of their next four games, all losses. Before the season was over, Minnesota would lose to the four worst teams in the league — the Giants, Chargers, Raiders and Cardinals. The loss in Arizona works well as a metaphor for the season. At 9-6 entering the last week, the Vikings went to Arizona to face the Cardinals, a team that had the #1 pick in the draft locked up with another loss. Minnesota led, 17-6, with two minutes left. On 4th-and-2 from the Viking 2-yard line, Josh McCown threw a touchdown pass to Steve Bush. With just one timeout and under two minutes remaining, the Cardinals had to try an onside kick. Of course, Damien Anderson recovered it, and the Cardinals were alive and down by four points. After consecutive sacks by the Vikings, the Cardinals faced a 4th-and-25 from the 28 yard-line. On the last play of the game, McCown threw the game-winning touchdown to Nate Poole, ending Minnesota’s season. The Cardinals dropped to No. 3 in the draft, losing out on the Eli Manning sweepstakes but gaining Larry Fitzgerald.

Smack doesn't work unless your facts are correct. 2003 was just 6 years ago. . . :duh:

BTW, the 1967 Baltimore Colts missed the playoffs after starting 11-0-2, and then losing their 14th game. Not exactly a "collapse" but pretty notable if someone's trying to make hay about a 6-0 team missing the playoffs 10 games later.
    Last edited by NightTrainLayne; 12-28-2009 at 06:18 PM.

19. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    We won't even be the first team since 1990 to do this if we do miss the playoffs. Here's an excerpt from an article on biggest collapses since 1990.

Smack doesn't work unless your facts are correct. 2003 was just 6 years ago. . . :duh:

BTW, the 1967 Baltimore Colts missed the playoffs after starting 11-0-2, and then losing their 14th game. Not exactly a "collapse" but pretty notable if someone's trying to make hay about a 6-0 team missing the playoffs 10 games later.
    please see post # 36 of this thread. It already addresses your point.

Denver can write another chapter in the league annals by becoming the first to start a 16-game season 6-0 and not finish with a winning record.
    Soooooo... just so everyone is clear, 6-0 and not have a winning record, not missing the playoffs. Ok ? get it now ? goooood....

How's the Raider band wagon? Are they going to get ya in the playoffs??

rub rub rub...

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar

please see post # 36 of this thread. It already addresses your point.

Soooooo... just so everyone is clear, 6-0 and not have a winning record, not missing the playoffs. Ok ? get it now ? goooood....

rub rub rub...
    That depends on what we do this weekend, Sanluis. Beat the Chefs in our house and we end up 9-7. Last I heard, that was a "winning record". The worst we can possibly go is .500 and that's not a losing record, no matter how you spin it.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Midnight Blue For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    That depends on what we do this weekend, Sanluis. Beat the Chefs in our house and we end up 9-7. Last I heard, that was a "winning record". The worst we can possibly go is .500 and that's not a losing record, no matter how you spin it.
    That is very true Midnight but it isn't a winning record either

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived sanluis For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information