Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: If the draft were today, we'd pick at...

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Default If the draft were today, we'd pick at...

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...c.php?t=346961

#8...and I still want McClain unless somehow Eric Berry fell to us.

Raiders, Bills, Bears and Seahawks all have same record.

Our pick that we traded away is currently #22.

2. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

If Eric Berry or Sam Bradford somehow fall to our pick, I'll be doing cartwheels. Either could be a franchise player.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    If Eric Berry or Sam Bradford somehow fall to our pick, I'll be doing cartwheels. Either could be a franchise player.
    Yeah, either. Berry is AWSOME. I dont see MCD taking him even if hes there though. McBath has played excellent so far, and his broken arm shouldnt be an issue next year. Bruton and Hill are still more than capable. DEN could just take a SS like Barry Church much later, and be set at the Safety position.

I dont have any info to back this up, but i think the way that MCD runs his spread offense, and the way Bradford has played up until his injury, i think thats his guy. Or at least i think of all the QBs in the draft, that Bradford would be the optimal QB for the spread in DEN. Thats actually a scary thought, with Bradfords injury history. I guess we'll see..

EDIT. Side note, does anyone know if Bradford is going to do a "Pro Day" at OU? Or is he just going to the Combine?

5. The Following User High Fived SOCALORADO. For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

stupid bears, winning and messing up our top ten pick. . .

oh well, it's probably better than sitting there agonizing, and watching mcclain and berry go a few picks before us. . . i do expect joe haden and possibly dez bryant to be potential targets, and if we drop below #12 cody and iupati probably come into play-- after trading back a few spots, in an ideal scenario. . .

we could go cody or williams in the first-- or even jared odrick-- with an OL like asomoah or tennant in the second, and maybe come back for a QB in the third if somebody like pike or canfield is there. . . or take iupati in the first and maybe look at a DL like arthur jones in the second. . .

i was hoping we'd get a top ten pick from them and have a shot at one of this year's blue chip guys, but the 12-16 range still won't be a bad spot for us at all if that's where we end up. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

what if the bears lose next week? does that get us into the top 10?
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by SOCALORADO. View Post
    Yeah, either. Berry is AWSOME. I dont see MCD taking him even if hes there though. McBath has played excellent so far, and his broken arm shouldnt be an issue next year. Bruton and Hill are still more than capable. DEN could just take a SS like Barry Church much later, and be set at the Safety position.

I dont have any info to back this up, but i think the way that MCD runs his spread offense, and the way Bradford has played up until his injury, i think thats his guy. Or at least i think of all the QBs in the draft, that Bradford would be the optimal QB for the spread in DEN. Thats actually a scary thought, with Bradfords injury history. I guess we'll see..

EDIT. Side note, does anyone know if Bradford is going to do a "Pro Day" at OU? Or is he just going to the Combine?
    From what I hear (ESPN being the source), Bradford won't be ready by the combine. I assume he will do a pro day at OU, if he can't though, I don't think he will go as high as some think he will. It's going to be interesting come draft time though.
    "There's a box of Twinkies in that grocery store. Not just any box of Twinkies, the last box of Twinkies that anyone will enjoy in the whole universe. Believe it or not, Twinkies have an expiration date. Some day very soon, Life's little Twinkie gauge is gonna go... empty."

Adopted Bronco:

The Bears winning doesnt hurt us much. it eliminates the option of Berry and Mclain, but IMO...they arent top needs anyway. It'd be nice to trade back a bit and nab a guy like Iupati and add a 3rd rounder, but I dont see that happening either. Based on skill and value and depending on FA, if we draft in the 12-16 range we'd have a lot of different options...most of which won't be a huge help Cody cant play 3 plays in a row in Alabama. He'll have a coronary in the Denver air. Bradford is a 50/50 shot in my opinion and I honestly dont see McD drafting a QB that early. Joe Haden, Dan Williams, Bryant, Tate, Spikes...

PICK TEAM PCT SoS

Pick: 1 St. Louis Rams .067 .525
    Pick: 2 Detroit Lions .133 .517
    Pick: 3 Kansas City Chiefs .200 .520
    Pick: 4 Tampa Bay Buccaneers .200 .557
    Pick: 5 Washington Redskins .267 .500
    Pick: 6 Cleveland Browns .267 .504
    Pick: 7 Seattle Seahawks .333 .476
    Pick: 8 Buffalo Bills .333 .517
    Pick: 9 Oakland Raiders .333 .520
    Pick: 10 Chicago Bears .400 .492 [Traded to Denver]

Thanks Pickler.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    what if the bears lose next week? does that get us into the top 10?

We are at the 10th pick now.

If they lose next week, we still get the 10th pick if Jacksonville beats Cleveland and SF beats St. Louis.

If they win, and one of those teams loses, we will move a pick upward.

If Chicago loses, we draft 10th, unless the Bills or Oakland wins. If Chicago loses and the Bills and Oakland wins, we draft at 8. If one of them wins after a Chicago loss, we draft at 9.

We are guaranteed a top 11 selection if my calcs are right.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

12. The Following 5 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by drewloc View Post
    From what I hear (ESPN being the source), Bradford won't be ready by the combine. I assume he will do a pro day at OU, if he can't though, I don't think he will go as high as some think he will. It's going to be interesting come draft time though.
    If Bradford is not ready for the combine and falls, it could be a draft day steal for the Broncos. I think that this years fastest riser in pre-draft will be Dan Williams.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    The Bears winning doesnt hurt us much. it eliminates the option of Berry and Mclain, but IMO...they arent top needs anyway. It'd be nice to trade back a bit and nab a guy like Iupati and add a 3rd rounder, but I dont see that happening either. Based on skill and value and depending on FA, if we draft in the 12-16 range we'd have a lot of different options...most of which won't be a huge help Cody cant play 3 plays in a row in Alabama. He'll have a coronary in the Denver air. Bradford is a 50/50 shot in my opinion and I honestly dont see McD drafting a QB that early. Joe Haden, Dan Williams, Bryant, Tate, Spikes...
    I think McClain is still a possibility if we stay @ 9-11. Berry is gonzo, but McClain may still be there.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Today it'd be #10.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I'll try to find a new link, but until then...

2012 DRAFT UPDATE:

As of right now, 8 teams have fewer wins than us and we are one of 4 teams with 3 wins. Which means we are currently picking between 9 and 12.

I bring this up because this could be an area where Trent Richardson's name may come up in legit draft consideration. This is also an area where I wouldn't mind taking a MLB. I like Mays, but his limitations are clear A MLB like Burfict could also be worth a look. The Memphis and Michigan State DTs could also enter the discussion if we win a few more games.

There appears to be OLine and CB depth into early round 3, so I wouldn't reach for a prospect at either of these spots.
    Last edited by SmilinAssasSin27; 11-06-2011 at 08:08 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I want Matt Barkley.

19. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed:1428213
    I want Matt Barkley.
    Im with you...but he'll be gone.

21. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information