Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The new Official Milwaukee Brewers Thread

Go Brewers!

The joke has always been you can't spell Weeks without 2 Es and a K...hopefully he can turn things around this year.
    "You do not mess with Pat Bowlen, and you definitely do not ignore him''

Link to quote

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Ah, Gallardo is out...hadn't heard that, and I forgot about him. They've got a good, young lineup...hopefully for the Brew Crew, Sheets can stay healthy.
    It's just one of those rotations and lineups where if they all play to their potential...they could be a playoff team. Unfortunately, there are always a few that choke.

Sheets, Hall, Cordero, Capuano, Jenkins...

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That's what I'm talking about:
    From yesterday's ESPN Spring Blog
    WEEKS STRONG IN RETURN (9:42 p.m. ET)
    Rickie Weeks returned from a hand injury and hit a three-run homer, leading the Brewers to a 5-4 victory over the Diamondbacks on Sunday.

Weeks, who had missed nearly a week, connected in the third inning. Brewers manager Ned Yost noted that Weeks also had an important day Saturday in a minor league game, his first action since injuring his hand on a headfirst slide.

"He went over there and got five at-bats in five innings, and that helped," Yost said. "A lot of times when players are struggling a little bit, to get repetitive at-bats, helps. It helps lock him in. A lot of times it's just a slight mechanical adjustment he has to make."
    -- The Associated Press
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

Center fielder Bill Hall is moving to third base, third baseman Ryan Braun is shifting to left field, and Tony Gwynn Jr., Gabe Gross and Gabe Kapler will handle center until Mike Cameron returns from his 25-game suspension. Chris Capuano's elbow is shot, Yovani Gallardo is coming off knee surgery and J.J. Hardy has dropped 10 pounds because of a mysterious illness this spring. Prince Fielder is who's not happy with his contract situation.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Hooray Brewers!!

The Bullpen looked good (the starter looked really good) except for Gagne...but he will straighten it around. After that first walk the ump was totally squeezing his pitches to Fukadomi (or however you spell his name), it was crap.

Ryan Braun looks really good.

I really don't think Gagne will figure it out...I never liked the signing. Closing is 90% mental and he seems to have lost that edge 2 years ago. If he is still the closer in July I'll be shocked.

Link to quote

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by studbucket View Post
    I really don't think Gagne will figure it out...I never liked the signing. Closing is 90% mental and he seems to have lost that edge 2 years ago. If he is still the closer in July I'll be shocked.
    Turnbow?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

The guy was solid in Texas. Being a set-up man and a closer are 2 totally different scenarios and mindframes and with the ritual he has...I can see where it messed him up. Gagne will be fine. I'd have more faith in him than in Turnbow.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Turnbow?
    You just had to bring that up

Turnbow?
    I have the same amount of faith in both of them (not much)...but at least Turnbow is more likeable in my eyes. You know what you will get with him. Gagne pretends to be what he used to be, then blows it. All this talk about fixing his mechanics when the problem is clearly in his head.

Link to quote

Adopted Bronco:

I have the same amount of faith in both of them (not much)...but at least Turnbow is more likeable in my eyes. You know what you will get with him. Gagne pretends to be what he used to be, then blows it. All this talk about fixing his mechanics when the problem is clearly in his head.
    What? One blown save and suddenly he's a flop?

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    What? One blown save and suddenly he's a flop?
    He was a flop long before he got to Milwaukee. Did you not watch him last year? He had a 1.346 WHIP (1.875 in Boston) and basically stunk up the joint. Boston couldn't get rid of him fast enough. Then Gagne shows up on the Mitchell Report, stating he was on HGH.

So in the last year he has:

1) Blown several saves; allowed 14 runs in his first 14 innings at Boston
    2) Shown up on the Mitchell Report
    3) Been hurt every other month.

And we're paying how much to do the same for us? I have no clue if there is anyone in the pen suited to closing, but I'm not exactly thrilled to have him. I think he might end up being the Jeffrey Hammonds of our bullpen.

This is not based after 1 start, this is how I've felt all offseason, it was a bad signing.

Link to quote

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I think they should have saved the money and let Turnbow get a full season as the man. But hey, what do I know.

Adopted Bronco:

He was a flop long before he got to Milwaukee. Did you not watch him last year? He had a 1.346 WHIP (1.875 in Boston) and basically stunk up the joint. Boston couldn't get rid of him fast enough. Then Gagne shows up on the Mitchell Report, stating he was on HGH.

So in the last year he has:

1) Blown several saves; allowed 14 runs in his first 14 innings at Boston
    2) Shown up on the Mitchell Report
    3) Been hurt every other month.

And we're paying how much to do the same for us? I have no clue if there is anyone in the pen suited to closing, but I'm not exactly thrilled to have him. I think he might end up being the Jeffrey Hammonds of our bullpen.

This is not based after 1 start, this is how I've felt all offseason, it was a bad signing.
    Last year, Boston used him as a set up guy. You don't spend your whole career in the same routine and then immediately change without issues. He was fine as a closer last year in Texas before the trade...he'll be fine in Milwaukee this year.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Last year, Boston used him as a set up guy. You don't spend your whole career in the same routine and then immediately change without issues. He was fine as a closer last year in Texas before the trade...he'll be fine in Milwaukee this year.
    'His whole career' was not being a closer. He was a starting pitcher from 99-01, closed from 02-04, was injured almost all of 05-06, and then was half closer/half setup man in '07.

He has 3.5 years of being a closer, and it's been 4 years since he was good at it.

In response to MoBro, Turnbow's not much better, but if you ask "What have you done for me lately?", Turnbow's done a lot more than Gagne.

Link to quote

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information