Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 264

Thread: The new Official Milwaukee Brewers Thread

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne
    Posts
    16,956

    Default The new Official Milwaukee Brewers Thread

    This is a continuation of the Brewers thread that I had at BM.

    Hooray! Another win, and a big win 14-2!

    Fielder (MVP!), Braun (Rookie of the Year), and Hart all hit 3-run home runs tonight. Jenkins also hit one, giving him 20 for the year (Hart also has 20 for the year). He now has the most 20 home run seasons in team history with 6.

    But more importantly, our starting pitchers are out of their swoon. Gallardo pitched 7 shutout inning tonight. Suppan got his first victory since June a few days ago. And Villeneuva pitched well yesterday.

    The call-ups from AAA are really contributing for us-they need to.

    Here are the players we brought up:
    IF Vinny Rottino
    RHP Carlos Villanueva
    RHP Chris Spurling
    LHP Mitch Stetter
    OF Mel Stocker
    C Mike Rivera

    Looks like some bullpen help, and some added depth to the infield. The catcher brought up I think was so that days when Miller is catching, we can use Estrada as a pitch hitter, and still have a catcher incase Miller gets hurt.

    Only 23 games left!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne
    Posts
    16,956

    Default

    Hooray! We are all tied up for first place again. We just need to keep hot for a couple more weeks and the division is ours!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On your '6', Stupid!
    Posts
    10,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    Hooray! We are all tied up for first place again. We just need to keep hot for a couple more weeks and the division is ours!
    The Reds will sweep them out of 1st place......

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne
    Posts
    16,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak View Post
    The Reds will sweep them out of 1st place......
    Not quite...rubber game is tommorow.

    Great come from behind win tonight. 21 games to go.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New York
    Adopted Bronco:
    Rod Smith
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    Not quite...rubber game is tommorow.

    Great come from behind win tonight. 21 games to go.
    I though the reds had this game tonight, damn i guess thats why there there so far out of first place. Theres always next year though.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On your '6', Stupid!
    Posts
    10,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Broncomania96 View Post
    I though the reds had this game tonight, damn i guess thats why there there so far out of first place. Theres always next year though.
    One night, they look like the Reds of old.....


    ...the next night, they look like a AAA team.



    Hopefully, these kids that are getting playing time now, will want to stick, next year, and help the team get back to where they need to be.

    If only for some pitching......

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne
    Posts
    16,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak View Post
    One night, they look like the Reds of old.....


    ...the next night, they look like a AAA team.



    Hopefully, these kids that are getting playing time now, will want to stick, next year, and help the team get back to where they need to be.

    If only for some pitching......
    Every team will look like poo one night, and win the next day 12-0. They key to be a playoff team is consistency.

    Edit: It always seems with the Reds is that the offense is going to be there, and pitching not so much. They always have their surges in wins when pitchers enter the "dead arm" parts of the season (after about 3 weeks into the season, and in august) where all pitchers will struggle, and you will see some crazy scores like 14-12.
    Last edited by sneakers; 09-09-2007 at 12:57 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne
    Posts
    16,956

    Default

    Guess who's all alone in first place again?

    We won, cubs and cardinals both lost. Hooray!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    Guess who's all alone in first place again?

    We won, cubs and cardinals both lost. Hooray!
    good luck sneakers, for you I hope Milw makes it

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne
    Posts
    16,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    good luck sneakers, for you I hope Milw makes it
    Thanks, We'll see you in the playoffs hopefully.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Adopted Bronco:
    #88 Tony Scheffler
    Posts
    1,489

    Default

    Good luck to your Brewers Sneakers. I am rooting for you......would be nice to see another team get its shot.
    2007-08 MVP

    Thanks MasterShake for the sig



    On Brandon Marshall
    "I'm not going to ever let him settle. I'm going to stay on him to be the best he can." ~ Rod Smith

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne
    Posts
    16,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by broncosfanscott View Post
    Good luck to your Brewers Sneakers. I am rooting for you......would be nice to see another team get its shot.
    Thanks dude! We only have to hold on for 20 more games now....and we only have to get 9 more wins for our first winning season since 1992

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne
    Posts
    16,956

    Default

    I wish would only score 9 runs each night. Why only 9? Because we are now 6-9 in games after a game in which we scored 10 or more runs.

    So we scored 10 runs last night, and we lost 9-0 tonight.

    So we are back into a tie for 1st place with 19 games to go.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne
    Posts
    16,956

    Default

    Yay! Another win today. The news is better, Cubs and Cardinals lost tonight.

    That means we are 1 game up, and all alone in first place.

    Go for the series win tomorrow against the Pirates...I think it is Dave Bush pitching tomorrow. Hopefully he will respond well from his shelling last time out. I think he will.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    Yay! Another win today. The news is better, Cubs and Cardinals lost tonight.

    That means we are 1 game up, and all alone in first place.

    Go for the series win tomorrow against the Pirates...I think it is Dave Bush pitching tomorrow. Hopefully he will respond well from his shelling last time out. I think he will.
    Keep it up, as I know my Dodgers are done like burnt toast.

    Good luck and I will root for you in the playoffs as well. New blood would be nice

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Official Rap/Hip hop thread
    By bengaaaaals1688 in forum Music
    Replies: 758
    Last Post: 04-02-2012, 09:56 AM
  2. The Official Boxing Thread!
    By BigBroncLove in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-22-2009, 10:51 AM
  3. Official UFC thread!
    By Calibroncogrl47 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 02:49 PM
  4. The Official Oil and Gas Thread
    By Rex in forum What's on your Mind (Chit Chat)
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 12:05 PM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-16-2007, 12:03 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
dedicated servers
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group