Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Foppa says "No" to Detroit

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Default Foppa says "No" to Detroit

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....igger_man.html

The Red Wings made a pitch to sign free-agent center Peter Forsberg, but he let them know he is not interested in playing for Detroit. The longtime Colorado Avalanche star apparently would feel somewhat like a traitor if he joined his former club's one-time arch-rival.

Forsberg has been skating and working out in his native Sweden and recently gave his agent the go-ahead to begin negotiating with a select group of NHL teams, which doesn't include the Red Wings.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....igger_man.html

The Red Wings made a pitch to sign free-agent center Peter Forsberg, but he let them know he is not interested in playing for Detroit. The longtime Colorado Avalanche star apparently would feel somewhat like a traitor if he joined his former club's one-time arch-rival.

Forsberg has been skating and working out in his native Sweden and recently gave his agent the go-ahead to begin negotiating with a select group of NHL teams, which doesn't include the Red Wings.
    YES!!! I'm so glad he is not going to the dark side. Besides they have like 86 points. Plus I think they have to go to jerk school to play there. Players that were nice before just become nasty and players that were jerks when they played there become human again when they play for another team. You made my day.

Anyone who throws squids are idiots...

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Looks like the front runners for the Foppa 'race' are Ottawa, Philly, and Colorado. He's looking for $3mil per year.

Be nice to see him back in an Avs uni...

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Don't think it will happen. He'll end up with the Senators or the Flyers.

i am holding out hope. A while back it was said by peter of Q that if/when he does he would come here.

If not us i am sure its philly. I dont like them either.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Gosh Darnit just sign him back!

Peter the Great!
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

10. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Damn I loved watching him play.

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Would be nice. Even more interesting now with the amount of injuries we have had (Avs). No doubt that he could come in and be a great puck mover, set up the PP. Can not expect tha he will be at the level he was in his prime, ice time most likely will be down but put a scorer on the wing and you have yourself a nice little line.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

It'd be nice to have him again, but once the rest of our roster is healthy, what do we do with Stats? Peter is not a third line center, neither is Stats. Remember a few years back when they tried to play him at LW to keep him from getting so beat up? He didn't do jack. The next year they moved him back to C with Milan Hejduk and he won the league MVP, had the most points in the league, and Hejduk won the Rocket Richard trophy.

If they bring Foppa back, assuming we get healthy again, how would you situate the lines?

Put Peter on the third line with Lappy and Svatos?

The first two lines would be something along the lines of this:

Joe, Smyth, Wolski
    Stats, Bruno, Hejduk

So that leaves Peter on the third line with Svatos and Lappy. That's not right.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    It'd be nice to have him again, but once the rest of our roster is healthy, what do we do with Stats? Peter is not a third line center, neither is Stats. Remember a few years back when they tried to play him at LW to keep him from getting so beat up? He didn't do jack. The next year they moved him back to C with Milan Hejduk and he won the league MVP, had the most points in the league, and Hejduk won the Rocket Richard trophy.

If they bring Foppa back, assuming we get healthy again, how would you situate the lines?

Put Peter on the third line with Lappy and Svatos?

The first two lines would be something along the lines of this:

Joe, Smyth, Wolski
    Stats, Bruno, Hejduk

So that leaves Peter on the third line with Svatos and Lappy. That's not right.
    I wondered that myself. Peter is something to watch when he is healthy. For totally selfish reasons I would love to see him back in Denver. He and Joe have a chemistry that is amazing, it's like watching the twins. I saw him pass the puck back to Joe once and didn't even look, when I asked him how did you know he was there he said "Joe and I have played so long together we just know where the other is". It will be interesting to see what happens.

When you are soo deep and good you just have to roll 3-4 lines as if they were your 1 and 2.

I personally think that a line of fopa,wolski and svatos would be sick, and then of course you would have to shuffle the others so maybe. But wolski is a beast with puck control, so is fopa and they could just control and own the zone. And svatos should be open in the slot often with the two of them manning two guys at once.

joe,smith,milan
    fopa,wolski,svaots
    stas,bruno,arnason
    lappy,hensik,hlinka

or something like that.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

That does not look to bad but you can not take Guite out of the line-up. He has been playing to hard and deserves his spot. Seems like it will come down to the Sens, Flyers, then maybe the Avs.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

CRAP, we got a lot of good players who are playing well. Guite, i forgot about him, and mccloud and cody m. I know are situational and parker too, who is most likely scratches.

But if we could sign him before the deadline (trade) maybe we can work a trade or something.......ah hell i dont know.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information