Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Shaq for Shawn Marion

Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    I wasn't aware that the Suns team chemistry was falling apart. Or Nash was calling out his teammates...

I was under the impression that the Suns are as dominant as they have been, and made this desperate move to stick it in L.A's/Kobes face during game time.

Shaq won't be able to keep up with the Suns pace, and might not even get decent playing time...You gotta remember he's back in the West.
    It was marion towards amare stoudemire (our franchise player) plus marion contract is over next year......and banks just sucks...shaq dominates when hes ready...i could really care less what he does in the regular season, he season starts in the playoffs. And the rest of you what you said is yet to be seen..i personally think he will, lose some weight and learn the system..

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighWrath View Post
    I hope you are right but in any case, we are going to see the Suns play a different kind of basketball that we have become used to. But will it be the kind that wins a championship?
    I personally think so. When we played the spurs, i felt like we were lacking a good shooter, but didn't think shaq would come here, all the best passer in nba history has to do is pass it to shaq and dunk it. If not, guess who is at the other side? amare.....GAME OVER.

3. The Following User High Fived Escobar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DOOM!

well whether he learns the system or not, he can't run with the Suns, so the acquisition of Shaq means a change in the system is soon to come.

Nobody in the game of football should be called a genius. A genius is somebody like Norman Einstein ...Joe Theismann

well whether he learns the system or not, he can't run with the Suns, so the acquisition of Shaq means a change in the system is soon to come.
    no change in the system is going to come, if nash is here, the same playbook is going to be used no matter if we get 3 other shaqs.. so the acquisition of shaq means a change in domination.

Adopted Bronco:
    DOOM!

umm the 'system' calls for RUN and gun .... I got some news for you in case you haven't seen Shaq play lately, he can NOT run.

Nobody in the game of football should be called a genius. A genius is somebody like Norman Einstein ...Joe Theismann

Adopted Bronco:
    #88 Tony Scheffler

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    talk all you want spurs/lakers/dallas fans..........you'll see our play get better .......heck we are already first in the west

We'll see what happns. If he can stay healthy then he will be a big addition to your team. Only time will tell.
    2007-08 MVP

Thanks MasterShake for the sig

On Brandon Marshall
    "I'm not going to ever let him settle. I'm going to stay on him to be the best he can." ~ Rod Smith

umm the 'system' calls for RUN and gun .... I got some news for you in case you haven't seen Shaq play lately, he can NOT run.
    the only part where i think he will not help us is in the fast break.. but other than that,i know hes going to help, im done explaining, watch our play speak for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by broncosfanscott View Post
    We'll see what happns. If he can stay healthy then he will be a big addition to your team. Only time will tell.
    by the way, gasol looked nice yesterday against the nets, i wonder what their situation is going to be when bynum gets healthy.

Adopted Bronco:
    DOOM!

by the way, gasol looked nice yesterday against the nets, i wonder what their situation is going to be when bynum gets healthy.
    easy .... they will be the team to beat in the west.

easy .... they will be the team to beat in the west.
    and suns will beat them in the playoffs like every other year..huh

Adopted Bronco:
    DOOM!

I hope you are right.

Adopted Bronco:
    #88 Tony Scheffler

That is what I am waiting for and if the Suns and Lakers do meet in the playoffs again it will really be interesting. Shaq v. Kobe.
    2007-08 MVP

Thanks MasterShake for the sig

On Brandon Marshall
    "I'm not going to ever let him settle. I'm going to stay on him to be the best he can." ~ Rod Smith

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

It was marion towards amare stoudemire (our franchise player) plus marion contract is over next year......and banks just sucks...shaq dominates when hes ready...i could really care less what he does in the regular season, he season starts in the playoffs. And the rest of you what you said is yet to be seen..i personally think he will, lose some weight and learn the system..
    First of all Escobar,

Amare is not the face of your franchise. Stevie Nash is. You guys were dying to trade Amare for KG not too long ago. No matter what the system, or what kind of defense you guys run...Nash will make everyone better on offense, and make the opposition have to keep up in points and shooting %.. He's like Tom B for the Patsies.

Second of all, You guys traded away your best defender in a no defense system...Everyone knows...Defense wins Championships.

Third of all, In regards to your "Shaq will lose weight and learn the system" comment.

Being optimistic is good, but being in touch with reality is healthy. You probably used to put on the "Browns will do so good, you'll see" routine, since you became a Browns fan.
    Last edited by Benetto; 02-06-2008 at 08:13 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

and suns will beat them in the playoffs like every other year..huh
    And the Spurs will beat the Suns...like every other year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I can't believe Pheonix is so afraid of SA, Utah and LA that they choked out a move this awful. Chemistry aside, they had the best record in the West...not that it woulda mattered anyways. How many times have they blown that? Marion is a scorer who at least proposed some problems/mismatches to SA. Who is gonna do that now? Shaq? He can hardly do anything from the bench. And even if he does play more than 22 games, he's hardly gonna make an impact. This whole thing is laughable. PHX must really be spooked to grasp at this straw.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information