Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Best Comedic Actor?

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Italianmobstr7 View Post
    He wasn't funny, he was frickin' hilarious!
    He had no comedic talent whatsoever in my mind. Just another fat guy making stupid faces...YAY!

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

I dont know If Robin Williams is the best, but he might be the most complete. Dude, can make you laugh or Cry. Cadillac man, is one of my all time favorites.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

He's also really funny in "The Break-Up"
    and don't forget swingers-- that movie freakin' rocked!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

4. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DOOM!

John Goodman as Walter Sobchek. The Big Lebowski.

Nobody in the game of football should be called a genius. A genius is somebody like Norman Einstein ...Joe Theismann

He's also really funny in "The Break-Up"
    You know that was a really good movie too, but wow what a crummy ending....lol they were supposed to break up but goodness, get back together in the end.........

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

Chris Farley for pure laughs.

Robin Williams to be both a comedian and a great actor.
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

Adopted Bronco:
    Peyton Hillis...always

I guess we can't forget Homer Simpson, Bart Simpson, and the "cast" from Family Guy for adult cartoon fans.
    I forgot about Shia...he definately has a future. When you see him in "Transformers," you can tell he has a natural comedic talent.
    "When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free"
    ~Charles Evans Hughes~

9. The Following User High Fived broncogirl7 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    He had no comedic talent whatsoever in my mind. Just another fat guy making stupid faces...YAY!
    i gotta side with you man, i just do not think belushi was funny. yes i've seen animal house, and i am in college, and i just didnt' think it was funny... belushi as meatloaf on snl gets laughs, but that's one thing out of many for me...

shia is pretty damned funny. i don't know how many of the rest of you are my age, but i grew up watching him on even stevens and thought he was hilarious and knew he would eventually become a star.

i also watched that show flash forward, and the kid on there was hilarious too, but he's only been in a couple things since, and nothing comedic. i know he was in alpha dog and 3:10 to yuma.. can't think of his name.

ferrell
    farley
    no one has said ryan reynolds yet, he's got great comedic timing, but he has started doing romantic comedies which is an effing shame (rent van wilder and wating if you disagree)
    ben stiller, although i wish he would make a movie that doesn't make me want to kill myself the whole time because everything goes wrong it's just painful to watch...
    owen wilson is decent in wedding crashers, and him and stiller are perfect in zoolander-> if you haven't seen zoolander, or if you don't like zoolander, then we have problems
    chapelle
    adam sandler has to be somewhere on the list- when he makes a good one, it's very good.
    steve carrell is very good
    i know he's not an actor, but i gotta throw props to conan o'brian-one of the guys that makes me laugh more than anyone else i can think of right now, even without writers.
    simon pegg and nick frost (shaun of the dead, hot fuzz) those movies are hilarious, and pegg is very good in 'big nothing' as well

that's it, i'm tapped out for now

oh! and on the robin williams note; patch adams made me shed a tear or two... no shame boys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived shank For This Post:

OJ Simpson...best comedic actor ever!

I love renolds,sandler,schneider,bueshmie all are awesome. I know most wont agree with me but also gotta throw some love out for CHRistopher Walken. THat man is hilarious. And all of his little cliches and anaologies he uses in movies- absolutley crack me up.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by shawshank24 View Post
    i gotta side with you man, i just do not think belushi was funny. yes i've seen animal house, and i am in college, and i just didnt' think it was funny... belushi as meatloaf on snl gets laughs, but that's one thing out of many for me...

shia is pretty damned funny. i don't know how many of the rest of you are my age, but i grew up watching him on even stevens and thought he was hilarious and knew he would eventually become a star.

i also watched that show flash forward, and the kid on there was hilarious too, but he's only been in a couple things since, and nothing comedic. i know he was in alpha dog and 3:10 to yuma.. can't think of his name.

ferrell
    farley
    no one has said ryan reynolds yet, he's got great comedic timing, but he has started doing romantic comedies which is an effing shame (rent van wilder and wating if you disagree)
    ben stiller, although i wish he would make a movie that doesn't make me want to kill myself the whole time because everything goes wrong it's just painful to watch...
    owen wilson is decent in wedding crashers, and him and stiller are perfect in zoolander-> if you haven't seen zoolander, or if you don't like zoolander, then we have problems
    chapelle
    adam sandler has to be somewhere on the list- when he makes a good one, it's very good.
    steve carrell is very good
    i know he's not an actor, but i gotta throw props to conan o'brian-one of the guys that makes me laugh more than anyone else i can think of right now, even without writers.
    simon pegg and nick frost (shaun of the dead, hot fuzz) those movies are hilarious, and pegg is very good in 'big nothing' as well

that's it, i'm tapped out for now

oh! and on the robin williams note; patch adams made me shed a tear or two... no shame boys.
    Good call on Reynolds...he was friggin hilarious in 'Best Friends.'

Quote Originally Posted by Broncolingus View Post
    Good call on Reynolds...he was friggin hilarious in 'Best Friends.'
    'just friends'

i agree, i forgot about that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Jason Alexander
    Jack Black
    Will farell
    Sean William Scott (Stiffler)

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Tom Hanks - his early comedies are gems. If the Burbs or the Money Pit don't bust you up, you just have no appreciation for comedy. Has some of the most natural and graceful comic timing of all time, and his choice to only do dramas now is a pity.

John Candy - ridiculously funny man. Understands how to be the lead and how to be the sidekick. Was always funny without the bitterness of a Farley.

Eddie Murphy - made some of the greatest comedies of the decade. Was terrific at angry comedy and could be as nuanced or broad as you wanted. Then he lost his faith in it and started only doing the broad.

Richard Pryor - Before the blow and the disease chewed him up, he was hilarious.

Gene Wilder - effortless in keeping up with some of the great comedians working around him. Made movies work that shouldn't have.

Dennis Leary - a perfectly believable blend of bitter and resigned. A ranter who normally plays ranters, but his work on Rescue Me shows more depth than his early roles (though the Ref is still one of my favorite movies).

------------------------------------

Back in history:

Cary Grant - perhaps the most perfect screwball comic timing ever. Very hard to be dashing and self-deprecating, but he was both.

Lucille Ball - smarter than every other comedian working at the time.

Carol Burnett - ridiculously funny and still under-appreciated

Bob Newhart - nobody gives Bob any love any more, but he had the immense ability to make everyone else funnier in what they said by his reaction (or lack of reaction) to them. Worked as a magnifying agent, and did some remarkable work.

Laurel and Hardy - forget the Stooges, nobody had better timing than Laurel and Hardy...well, perhaps except for Abbott and Costello. I loved both duos.

Buster Keaton and Charlie Chaplin - the grand old masters of the silent stage, who had to give you the setup and the delivery without the benefit of voice or sound effects, just a running garish musical track.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information