Thread: Colts can clinch AFC's top seed with win Sunday

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Default Colts can clinch AFC's top seed with win Sunday

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- If the Indianapolis Colts beat Denver on Sunday for their record-setting 22nd consecutive regular-season victory, they also will clinch the AFC's top seed and home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.

The NFL notified team officials of the scenario on Monday.

A win over the Broncos (8-4) would make the Colts 13-0. San Diego (9-3) and Cincinnati (9-3) are the only other AFC teams who can reach 13 wins, but they still play each other. The winner of that game would lose a tiebreaker to Indianapolis at 13-3 based on common opponents.

The way I see it, there isn't much of a downside to this game. I'm not saying it's an excuse to lose but look at it this way... The Colts are going to be bringing their A+ game for the reasons mentioned above. They can sew it all up this weekend and put it on cruise control for the rest of the season like they always do. If we can beat their Blue and White asses then there is nobody in the league that can stop us (if we play our A game). If we lose it gives us some great game film for when we play them in the playoffs.
    Let me put it this way. I'd rather lose to a healthy MOTIVATED Colts team giving us everything they have than win over a Colts team that was starting all of their second stringers and resting their stars. A win like that means nothing.
    Call me crazy but that's the way I see it.
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- If the Indianapolis Colts beat Denver on Sunday for their record-setting 22nd consecutive regular-season victory, they also will clinch the AFC's top seed and home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.

A win over the Broncos (8-4) would make the Colts 13-0. San Diego (9-3) and Cincinnati (9-3) are the only other AFC teams who can reach 13 wins, but they still play each other. The winner of that game would lose a tiebreaker to Indianapolis at 13-3 based on common opponents.

The way I see it, there isn't much of a downside to this game. I'm not saying it's an excuse to lose but look at it this way... The Colts are going to be bringing their A+ game for the reasons mentioned above. They can sew it all up this weekend and put it on cruise control for the rest of the season like they always do. If we can beat their Blue and White asses then there is nobody in the league that can stop us (if we play our A game). If we lose it gives us some great game film for when we play them in the playoffs.
    Let me put it this way. I'd rather lose to a healthy MOTIVATED Colts team giving us everything they have than win over a Colts team that was starting all of their second stringers and resting their stars. A win like that means nothing.
    I fully expect that Denver will get the best the Colt's have to offer but I expect Denver to bring their best to the table considering that they are in fight for their playoff lives.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 12-08-2009 at 09:12 AM.

3. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

Man I hope we show up for this game.........

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris

Im so pumped for this game.
    If we play up to our potential it will be an intense game.
    SUNDAY NEEDS TO GET HERE.

Supporting the Denver Broncos all the way from North Carolina!

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived camdisco24 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

I agree, sometime you just get a gut feeling for certain games, I have that for this game.......sure hope it isn't gas

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Just ask the Giants...There's no better feeling than being the team that ruins somebody's perfect season. If we do that to Indy it'll take a crowbar to get the smile off my face...
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

10. The Following User High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post

Losing to the Colts starters once doesn't guarantee victory the second time around, just ask the Titans, Jags or Texans. Even the Pats can't beat the Ponies anymore.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by IndyColts#1 View Post
    Losing to the Colts starters once doesn't guarantee victory the second time around
    He never said it did?

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

So the Colts will still be in a great position to clinch the #1 Seed at Jacksonville the next week, because Indy is going down on Sunday.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

22 straight reg. season wins this Sunday

bank on it
    new boss....possibly better than old boss

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Gamechanger View Post
    22 straight reg. season wins this Sunday

bank on it
    Keep your poop in the smack forum TIA.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

17. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Keep your poop in the smack forum TIA.
    no #6 Vandy jersey for you then
    new boss....possibly better than old boss

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Gamechanger View Post
    no #6 Vandy jersey for you then
    Concerning your post in 3, 2, 1............
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

20. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Eric Decker And D Thomas

I would rather beat them in the playoffs than in the regular season.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information