Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Early entrants for the 2010 Draft thread

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    This. Though he is a complete douche, Clausen is a hell of a QB.

And elsid, I do not think Mallet is ready for the NFL. Yes, he has great measurables and can throw the ball 125 yards but his pocket presence is a little low and he struggles at times with accuracy (see LSU game).
    Being completely ready and being draft high on potential is different story. I think most teams are going to look at Mallett and see where he needs improvement, but realize that because of his upside he better choice then Clausen or Bradford.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    Being completely ready and being draft high on potential is different story. I think most teams are going to look at Mallett and see where he needs improvement, but realize that because of his upside he better choice then Clausen or Bradford.
    Usually teams draft players like Mallet when they want to groom them behind a capable QB that is either old or on the way out financially. Which means, he'd be a mid-late 1st round pick. JMO.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived West For This Post:

Usually teams draft players like Mallet when they want to groom them behind a capable QB that is either old or on the way out financially. Which means, he'd be a mid-late 1st round pick. JMO.
    Mallett has the most physical upside of ALL the QBs in this years draft.
    Basically, hes a more raw Joe Flacco.

5. The Following User High Fived SOCALORADO. For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by SOCALORADO. View Post
    Mallett has the most physical upside of ALL the QBs in this years draft.
    Basically, hes a more raw Joe Flacco.
    He's got the size and the cannon. If his head is right, he could pan out to be a solid NFL player. I just would spend a pick in the first 3 rounds to find out

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    He's got the size and the cannon. If his head is right, he could pan out to be a solid NFL player. I just would spend a pick in the first 3 rounds to find out
    Yes. I would love to see DEN trade back into the 20s and get this kid.
    HUGE UPSIDE.
    Spend the rest of the draft picks on defense.
    The competition that MCD would have at QB would be unreal with Orton, Brandstater and Mallet. Might even have a "Cassell" situation at back up after its all said and done. I would love to see Brandy and Mallett go at it for the starting role. And if it all worked out, Orton is let go simply because DEN has 2solid, big armed, young starters.

That's all well and good but IYAM, QB is one of the last things we need outside of WR and TE.

C, OG, NT, DE, LB, S.

That's all well and good but IYAM, QB is one of the last things we need outside of WR and TE.

C, OG, NT, DE, LB, S.

YES!

Except saftey. We have dawk,hill,bruton,mcbath,barrett,fox, and a PS i believe.

we keep 4-5 of those active on game day most times.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    YES!

Except saftey. We have dawk,hill,bruton,mcbath,barrett,fox, and a PS i believe.

we keep 4-5 of those active on game day most times.
    Outside of Bruton and McBath (rookies), those safeties you mentioned are either old or hasn't proven shit.

Our secondary is very old and it'd be a good idea to make it younger.

Outside of Bruton and McBath (rookies), those safeties you mentioned are either old or hasn't proven shit.

Our secondary is very old and it'd be a good idea to make it younger.
    I agree but in the CB department.

Dawk will be around for another year, and hill probably a couple more. Bailey maybe a couple more if we rework his deal. Goodman a couple more. TY- imo is outta here. That leaves phonz,.....and tony carter? we need more young CBs, they get priority ahead of S.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Illinois' Receiver Arrelious Benn Entering NFL Draft

Illinois wide receiver Arrelious Benn announced Wednesday that he would forgo his final year of college eligibility and enter the NFL draft.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Oklahoma DT McCoy to enter 2010 NFL Draft

Norman, OK (Sports Network) - Oklahoma junior defensive tackle Gerald McCoy announced Friday that he will forego his senior season and enter the 2010 NFL Draft.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Skinny For This Post:

I'm getting chubs for this draft. I want those both. Yeah EYAH!!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    so, here's one guy that supposedly won't be declaring early. . .

Locker to stay at Washington for senior year

Associated Press Sports
    updated 2:30 p.m. ET, Mon., Dec . 14, 2009
    SEATTLE (AP) -Jake Locker says he will not make himself available for the NFL draft and will return to Washington for his senior season.

Locker released a statement through the university on Monday. Locker says he gave the idea of leaving after his junior season careful thought.

But he says he is excited about the team's potential for next season.

Locker is coming off a junior season during which he threw for 2,800 yards in his first year under the watch of coach Steve Sarkisian. Draft pundits have said Locker would be a high first-round pick if he left after his junior season, but Locker wants one more shot at reaching a bowl game after the Huskies went 5-7 this year.

http://football.about.com/gi/dynamic...Frumormill.htm

so will bradford be the top QB?
    Will he be healed up in time for the Combine?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Maryland's Campbell to enter NFL draft

Maryland offensive tackle Bruce Campbell told ESPN's Joe Schad he will leave school early and enter the NFL draft.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Will he be healed up in time for the Combine?
    He had surgery in late Oct. and the recovery time is 4-6 months according to ESPN. The combine starts Feb. 24. That's awful close. If he is'nt, he should still has his 'pro day' to show his stuff.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information