Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Plaxico Burress is an idiot

Default Plaxico Burress is an idiot

You think guys would learn from Anthony Smith of the Steelers

Plaxico Burress is an idiot http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/f...icleid=1069961
    for predicting a Giant win. Not that he should not believe it
    but be more discreet and give a non answer

The Giants wide receiver was in the eye of the storm after predicting the Giants would defeat the Patriots [team stats], 23-17, in Sunday’s Super Bowl. Those comments landed on the back page of yesterday’s New York Post and made Burress one of the more popular figures during yesterday’s Media Day at University of Phoenix Stadium.

Despite a steady stream of questions about the subject, Burress never wavered from his original comments. He got feisty each time someone approached him about the subject, refusing to crack under the pressure.

“I’m going to say it nice and slow one more time: We are going to win the football game,” Burress said. “We didn’t come here to pat the Patriots on their right buttocks. The goal is to win the game, and that’s the only reason why we are here right now.

“I don’t think anyone understands the goal but us. Nobody is giving us a chance, I see we are 13-point underdogs or something like that. But we are going to win this game.”

Seated in the next booth was Giants coach Tom Coughlin. A no-nonsense guy, Coughlin wasn’t pleased at all when apprised of Burress’ comments.

“Probably fortunately, I’m not aware of that,” Coughlin said. “That’s not what we aspire to do. We want to do our talking on the football field. We’ve had a good theme all year long, which hasn’t been that.”

Wide receiver Amani Toomer didn’t put much stock in Burress’ prediction. The veteran isn’t worried that the Patriots, who have majored in using opponent’s words as bulletin-board material, will use this latest slight as a motivational tool.

“I don’t know about that,” Toomer said. “I don’t get into that ammunition thing. Regardless of anything, we still have to play them on Sunday whether something was said or not said.”

Since the team is in Arizona, no Giant claimed he saw the prediction splashed on the Post’s back page in large letters. Defensive end Osi Umenyiora, who has recently drawn the ire of Patriots fans for his criticism of tackle Matt Light [stats], chose to play the role of diplomat.

“He didn’t say that, did he?” Umenyiora said with a laugh. “Well, he is a confident guy. If that’s what he said, then I hope we go out there and prove him right, but I’m not making predictions or anything like that.

“This is football, there is nothing you can say or do that’s going to affect the outcome on Sunday. All that stuff means nothing, it’s just talk.”

and I hate Rodney Harrison but he is right in this one. Its just words as he will say. Stupid Plexi Glass Burress

What a bunch of crap...

First off all the media started this war and the Patriots players took the bait.

One of the media personel asked a Patriot player about the first time the Giants played the Pats and the pats player answer was the only reason the Giants came close to winning that game was because the Pats played their worst game of the season. Then he went ahead and predicted the score to be something like forty something to fourteen.

Plaxico is only barking back at the Pats for their trash talking.

Plus, unlike Anthony Smith of the Steelers... Plaxico is a star player and can back up his talk.

I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by BOSSHOGG30 View Post
    What a bunch of crap...

First off all the media started this war and the Patriots players took the bait.

One of the media personel asked a Patriot player about the first time the Giants played the Pats and the pats player answer was the only reason the Giants came close to winning that game was because the Pats played their worst game of the season. Then he went ahead and predicted the score to be something like forty something to fourteen.

Plaxico is only barking back at the Pats for their trash talking.
    who was the player? do you have a link?
    what are you talking about the Pats never said we are going to win the game and predicted a score of the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    who was the player? do you have a link?
    what are you talking about the Pats never said we are going to win the game and predicted a score of the Super Bowl.
    I'm sure I can find it... I heard it on NFL Network the yesterday or the day before.... I'm pretty sure it was one of the Pats linebackers.

I was wrong... should of known too....

Plaxico Burress predicts the Giants will win Super Bowl XLII 23-17.

Co-owner Steve Tisch already guaranteed a Giants win, and Michael Strahan said Monday that "history will be ours." Rodney Harrison implied that the Patriots played their worst game of the season in their 38-35 Week 17 win over New York, so there's been plenty of trash talking on both sides. Jan. 29 - 10:14 am et
    Source: New York Post

from rotoworld.com

Stop pretending that your Pats are all class because they are talking trash too.

Quote Originally Posted by BOSSHOGG30 View Post
    Stop pretending that your Pats are all class because they are talking trash too.
    I am not a Pats fan at all, I hope Plexiglass is right.

It just seems that they take advantage of these things always and seem to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    I am not a Pats fan at all, I hope Plexiglass is right.

It just seems that they take advantage of these things always and seem to win.
    you have to remember that the media has been sucking up to the Pats all year. Of course they don't want everyone to know they are talking trash too. It makes for a better story if the Giants players are talking trash just like they did when the Steelers did it.

11. The Following User High Fived BOSSHOGG30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Well, so much for drawing comparisons between these Giants and the 1997 Broncos.

The Broncos displayed some intelligence in reserving their pre-game comments.

That term must be foreign to some of the Giants . . .

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

13. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Well, so much for drawing comparisons between these Giants and the 1997 Broncos.

The Broncos displayed some intelligence in reserving their pre-game comments.

That term must be foreign to some of the Giants . . .

-----
    Yeah, it wasn't until the next year when Shannon opened his mouth...

All teams talk...just not as much as the Chargers...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Yeah, it wasn't until the next year when Shannon opened his mouth...

All teams talk...just not as much as the Chargers...
    That's the point. At least, Sharpe waited until the next year . . .

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Don't worry Med, the doom and gloom will be in the New England area as of 9pm EST on Sunday night!

Plaxico said he pulled the 23-17 score out of the air.

He said 23 was the number he wore in college (or high school, can't remember)

and 17 is the number he wears now.

However, my favorite SB quote is from Randy Moss when he said he hung up on the Green Bay Packers when they were trying to get him in April because they were saying stupid stuff like Donald Driver is the # 1 receiver and Moss can't step on his toes.

Moss said "How can I step on his toes when I'm running my routes."

and then he hung up on them.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information