Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jason Kidd wants out of New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by DallasChief View Post
    I'm not completely against that trade, I guess. We would need to pick up a backup center. I see Mbenga is playing for the Lakers on a 10 day contract.

DJ Mbenga, aka the Daco man, has become a fan favourite after he made a block that saved Tacos. I post at a Lakers forum sometimes and there's a 48 page thread dedicated to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1rZBxn3Zx8

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoAV06 View Post
    Any trade for Kidd would involve Dallas giving up Harris. Bynum is off the market, LAL are reluctent to give up Farmar as well. Just really hard seeing Kidd move with either team not wanting to give up what it takes to get deal like this done. Kidd 34 is still a consistant PG that can lead a team for at least another 2 years. Definitly a win now scenario for what ever team goes after him.

Ok after actually researching some more, the Mavs would walk out huge winners in a deal like this. With the way Outlw has exploded this year it is hard to see the Blazers moving him which looks like that is where the road block could come from.
    I don't think Harris would work in that deal becasue of the contract and the injury right now

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by TheWookieeBronco View Post

DJ Mbenga, aka the Daco man, has become a fan favourite after he made a block that saved Tacos. I post at a Lakers forum sometimes and there's a 48 page thread dedicated to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1rZBxn3Zx8
    Mavs fans loved him...he just never saw any floor time

I used to chant "DJ DJ DJ DJ" from my cheap seats when Mbenga would enter the game.
    If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Mavs fans loved him...he just never saw any floor time
    No matter how little time he plays, he seems to get a block. The problem for DJ is that his offense isn't something to be admired. I think Phil Jackson thinks that DJ slows the offense down. The thing is, DJ is much better than Kwame the Clown defensively, and a little bit better offensively. DJ should see more playing time.

DJ's 10 day contract is up today. I hope we sign him to atleast another 10 day.

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Such a trade would involve at least a dozen players, cash sweeteners and future draft picks. In a breakdown of the most noteworthy principles, Portland would land Mavericks guard Devin Harris and possibly Mavs forward Brandon Bass, New Jersey would receive draft and financial considerations, Dallas' Jerry Stackhouse and a trio of young prospects from Portland (Travis Outlaw, Channing Frye and Jarrett Jack) while the Mavericks would score Kidd.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3223513

Harris does have to be involved!

Frye and Outlaw plus picks is not great but nice forthe Nets. Outlaw is really blossoming into a legit scorer, Frye is sloid under the basket plus add in a 1st and the Nets then can focus on getting Williams at the point, Frye/S. Williams/Kirstic under the basket and RJ/VC as the go to guys.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

I hate that trade.
    If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much.

Adopted Bronco:

Yeah, too much for Kidd. I think the original one worked out better for both teams financially and talent wise.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information