Thread: TSN:Bills Team Report

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Default TSN:Bills Team Report

Just some look into our opponent Sunday.

September 5, 2007
    Allen Wilson
    For Sporting News

When rookie QB Trent Edwards earned the No. 2 job, it was no surprise. Craig Nall being cut was. Throughout training camp and the preseason, Edwards showed why the Bills took him in the third round of last April's draft. He is smart, very accurate, makes good decisions with the ball and shows impressive poise under pressure. The Bills gave him a lot of work and he responded by outperforming Nall, who doesn't have the same arm strength and athleticism. However, Edwards is still a rookie with a lot to learn. While Nall has taken only 33 snaps in the NFL (none with the Bills), he has five years in the league. Edwards has a lot of upside, but it would be risky to have an unproven player behind starter J.P. Losman. Look for the team to sign a veteran to be the third signal caller. ...

Is bigger better? The Bills hope that's the case with DT Tim Anderson. The fourth-year veteran tips the scales at 335 pounds, 35 more than a year ago. Anderson is a try-hard player with limited quickness and athletic ability. But the team believes the extra bulk will allow him hold the point of attack better. If he can occupy double teams it will help the defense.

NEWCOMER REPORT: CB Jason Webster adds experience at a position where the team desperately needs it. Webster has been a starter almost from the time he was signed in May. He is the ideal cover 2 zone corner because of his range and ability to jump routes. While Webster runs well, he lacks the top-end speed to go stride-for-stride with fast receivers. He's also undersized (5-9, 187), which makes him vulnerable on fade routes and jump balls. But Webster is a tough guy, who can support the run. You catch passes in front of him, but he can be counted on to come up and make the tackle.

SCOUTING REPORT: DE Aaron Schobel has become one of the NFL's highest paid players at his position because the team believes he's one of the best at his position. A relentless pass rusher, Schobel uses excellent quickness off the snap to beat blocks around the edge. He also is good at freeing himself with change-of-direction skills and counter moves. Because Schobel is not a big guy (6-4, 262) teams have had success running at him. But he has increased his strength and stamina, so he does not wear down as much. He pursues to the ball and will chase runners down from behind.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=268313

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

It was a good idea to put this up, it at least gives us some idea what is going on with our opponent.

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

This is the type of game where Aaron Schobel has a break out look at me I am an all pro game.

Same for Jason Webster. He will probably look like CHamp out there on Sunday.

Not that I wan any of that to happen, its just the first games of the season on the east Coast for the Broncos tend to be rough.

I still pick them to win by 5 +

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    This is the type of game where Aaron Schobel has a break out look at me I am an all pro game.

Same for Jason Webster. He will probably look like CHamp out there on Sunday.

Not that I wan any of that to happen, its just the first games of the season on the east Coast for the Broncos tend to be rough.

I still pick them to win by 5 +

By them you mean the Bills?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information