Thread: A little update

Default A little update

Hi guys.
    This is more a post for those of you who I converse with on occasion and haven't really had a chance to speak to lately, intead of trying to find the time to explain my lack of posts or not being able to speak with you all personally I thought I would just cover it quickly in a topic.
    I was last year planning to join the military, I had it narrowed down to the airforce and army. Unfortunatly during my fitness training prior to signing up I tore my triceps. Did a really good job of it too apparently. It's going to be several more months before its fully healed. In that time though I have been stupidly busy, mainly with work, but also with an opportunity that has come along in the air traffic control world. It's a job I would absolutly love to do and was part of what I was looking to do in the airforce. This has taken up a huge amount of my time, basically studying and working out how to get into the job. I am hoping to get into it at the next selection process in april. To further add to my time killing, I've decided to pursue a possible part time career in the world of racing. Right now I am in the process of getting myself into a decent racing school and working out what route I want to take. This is not something I see myself doing seriously, but more of a weekend thing. But again it's required a huge amount of research and time just prepairing. I've set myself the goal of having started all these things by may at the latest.
    I haven't given up on the idea of joining the armed forces, as it's something I want to do. Right now though there are to me, two opportunities that would be what I would call golden and once in a lifetime opportunities that I have to pursue.

I am hoping to get back to posting on a more regular basis. I feel like I have missed out on a fair bit here and certainly want to free up myself to say hi to you all again.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived y2cragie For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by y2cragie View Post
    Hi guys.
    This is more a post for those of you who I converse with on occasion and haven't really had a chance to speak to lately, intead of trying to find the time to explain my lack of posts or not being able to speak with you all personally I thought I would just cover it quickly in a topic.
    I was last year planning to join the military, I had it narrowed down to the airforce and army. Unfortunatly during my fitness training prior to signing up I tore my triceps. Did a really good job of it too apparently. It's going to be several more months before its fully healed. In that time though I have been stupidly busy, mainly with work, but also with an opportunity that has come along in the air traffic control world. It's a job I would absolutly love to do and was part of what I was looking to do in the airforce. This has taken up a huge amount of my time, basically studying and working out how to get into the job. I am hoping to get into it at the next selection process in april. To further add to my time killing, I've decided to pursue a possible part time career in the world of racing. Right now I am in the process of getting myself into a decent racing school and working out what route I want to take. This is not something I see myself doing seriously, but more of a weekend thing. But again it's required a huge amount of research and time just prepairing. I've set myself the goal of having started all these things by may at the latest.
    I haven't given up on the idea of joining the armed forces, as it's something I want to do. Right now though there are to me, two opportunities that would be what I would call golden and once in a lifetime opportunities that I have to pursue.

I am hoping to get back to posting on a more regular basis. I feel like I have missed out on a fair bit here and certainly want to free up myself to say hi to you all again.
    I'm glad you could "free yourself up" and make this thread Y2. I have missed your company here greatly. Very sorry to hear you have had an injury of such magnitude and it's put a big damper on your plans for joining the service. Good luck to you on the racing gig, as that's very important to you.

Yes, you have missed out on a lot here. We have new members/friends, many are from the BroncosFreak board that is closing down. Tned's been on a redecorating binge while drinking lots of wine. Sometime, I'll pm you and fill you in on what's been going on with me....long and boring story. Right now, it's just good to see you back here. Good luck in April, but hopefully, we'll be talking to you before then.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

All the ATC guys are hanging it up. Good career call. Do you look like John Cusack or Billy Bob Thornton?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Welcome back y2 - sorry for the injury, but definitely sounds like things are looking up for you in other areas. Keep in touch.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Thanks for the post y2. I'm sorry you got hurt. Good luck in finding the passion that drives you. Study hard it always pays off even if doesn't look like it at the time.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information