Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis!

Default Tennis!

Wow!

Novak Djokovic just knocked Roger Federer out of the Australian Open, in 3 straight sets, to set up a final between Djokovic and unseeded Jo-Wilfred Tsonga.

This was a huge game!
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I wish I had seen it.

I'm a tennis fan, but I tend to lose interest when Roddick and Blake get knocked out...I love seeing Federer and Nadal go down for once. If Nadal had reached the final, and Federer had not, Nadal would be the World No. 1...and most likely would stay there heading into the French.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    I wish I had seen it.

I'm a tennis fan, but I tend to lose interest when Roddick and Blake get knocked out...I love seeing Federer and Nadal go down for once. If Nadal had reached the final, and Federer had not, Nadal would be the World No. 1...and most likely would stay there heading into the French.
    Nadal's game against Tsonga was so weird to watch (yay for working for a company that does sports betting, and allows me to watch these things). Nadal was flatter than the average pancake, and had none of his usual flair, or fire.

Djokovic today was a m achine. His serves were impeccable, and apart from a dodgey drop-shot, his game was all around 100% better than Fed's.

It's nice to see that the level of play is finally reaching that of Fed and Nadal's. It's been a bit of a bleak few years in international mens tennis.

Add me on Facebook!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I wouldn't doubt if Federer steps away soon. He's done about everything he can do, especially if he wins the Gold Medal he covets this year. I know he's only 26...but if he wins that Gold Medal, the only reason I see him sticking around is to try to win the French. He doesn't seem to be a guy who's all that worried about "legacy."
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Rafa went nuts on Sunday. I missed most of it. I saw the first few points and he dispatched of Federer so quick that by the time I got home from Lawrence, they were showing last year's Wimbledon Final. I mean, to dominate a player the caliber of Federer, is just unbelievable.

Roddick is gonna be back at Wimbledon and he downed Ginepri recently. That serve and volley game of his is gonna win at Wimbledon some day.

Of course, on grass, Federer has all the shots, and not just the big serve...well, we'll see...

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Just a couple of days until Wimbledon starts! Predictions people?

I think my boy Nadal is finally going to break through and take it. It helps him that Djoker drew Fed's half of the draw.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I don't watch tennis. But if my school had a Tennis team i'd totally be on it. I love playing it (even though i've only played maybe twice).

When Cyprus produces a good athlete, I've got to support them. When do we ever produce athlete?

Well done Marcos Baghdatis on winning today.

I was happy to see some old school guys get wins.

Marat Safin beat Novak Djokovic in straight sets, and even Lleyton Hewitt won!

Add me on Facebook!

Fed vs Hewitt is on at the moment. Pretty even. Come on Lleyton!!!!

I love that we have TV at work!

Add me on Facebook!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro View Post

Stupid American producers.

Had to play Venus Williams waxing the floor with some player I've never heard of, rather than show Federer-Hewitt, and so I caught about five minutes before I had to head to work...

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro View Post

I'm rooting for Hewitt, well more against Federer, but regardless after Fed won that close tiebreak in the first set it looks like he's going to cruise for the rest of the match. Nadal is the only guy I see beating him this year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Stupid American producers.

Had to play Venus Williams waxing the floor with some player I've never heard of, rather than show Federer-Hewitt, and so I caught about five minutes before I had to head to work...
    You missed a great first set but Fed is laying it to him in the second set. Fed's up 3-0 and serving.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    You missed a great first set but Fed is laying it to him in the second set. Fed's up 3-0 and serving.
    Hewitt can't hang with Federer. I caught a few points of the tiebreaker.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Hewitt can't hang with Federer. I caught a few points of the tiebreaker.
    If Hewitt could have pulled out the first set that could have given him the momentum to have a chance to win but the second Fed won the tiebreak this match was over.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information