Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by TheWookieeBronco View Post
    I think that Nadal can beat Federer on grass. I think Nadal will take it.
    I really hope so. He is going to have to be on his absolute A game to win it but I think he can do it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

It seems really popular to bash women's tennis (for whatever reason I don't know) but with a Williams sisters final, it's talented superstar sister vs. talented superstar sister. It's good TV!

Given that Venus hasn't beaten Serena at Wimbledon, I think this is great.

They both say they have a hard time playing against each other, but it sounds like one of their best matches ever.
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro View Post
    Given that Venus hasn't beaten Serena at Wimbledon, I think this is great.

They both say they have a hard time playing against each other, but it sounds like one of their best matches ever.
    it wasn't that great.

Serena didn't seem to have her head in the game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    It seems really popular to bash women's tennis (for whatever reason I don't know) but with a Williams sisters final, it's talented superstar sister vs. talented superstar sister. It's good TV!
    I've just never liked the pair. Being a tennis fan, and a men's tennis fan, it especially ticks me off when ESPN is replaying Venus' semifinal when a live semifinal for the men's is going on at the same time. And that doesn't even have anything to do with them, really, it just pisses me off and I don't want to watch any more of them.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    I've just never liked the pair. Being a tennis fan, and a men's tennis fan, it especially ticks me off when ESPN is replaying Venus' semifinal when a live semifinal for the men's is going on at the same time. And that doesn't even have anything to do with them, really, it just pisses me off and I don't want to watch any more of them.
    I agree on that point. It is utterly ridiculous that they would show a replay of a Williams match over a LIVE men's match but luckily there are enough sites on the internet now where you can watch matches live. I still enjoy the occasional women's match though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Ok, prediction time folks. Who do you have in the final? Federer or Nadal. I'm obviously biased but this is the best tennis Nadal has ever played on grass and I really think he is in Federer's head now.

I have Nadal in 5.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Nadal had a good first set, there, getting an early break, but Federer did what he needed to do after giving away a game there. Putting that little seed of doubt in Nadal, by fighting off two set points.

This could be a classic.

I say Federer wins set two 6-4, now...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Wow, what a second set by Nadal. This is far from over but Fed is in some serious trouble.

The weather has been really nice all week (and last week) but it's decided to be crap for the Silverstone Grand Prix and the Mens Wimbledon final.

Just watching the fifth set now
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

Stupid rain.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Nadal has been shitting all over himself since he won the second set. He had freaking championship point on serve and blew it. If he loses this match it will absolutely kill his spirits for the rest of the season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Nadal has been shitting all over himself since he won the second set. He had freaking championship point on serve and blew it. If he loses this match it will absolutely kill his spirits for the rest of the season.
    I doubt that. He's too good for that, and a lot more mentally tough than that too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    I doubt that. He's too good for that, and a lot more mentally tough than that too.
    You're probably right. I'm just frustrated seeing Nadal blow a 2-0 lead and choke on so many break points.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information