Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Men curse out umpires all the damn time. I saw a video on Twitter's today of Federer cursing out an ump in a US open final and no penalty was given.

It's really not even about that though. It should never have gotten to that point, because the initial penalty for coaching is about as lame as it gets. Literally every single coach coaches every single player during every single match. It's one of those things that's technically against the rules but is so commonplace it's never actually called. To pull out that call late in the second set of a grand slam final is a joke.
    You’re right. It shouldn’t have gotten to that point. Serena should have been more composed. If everyone does it, which they do, then she shouldn’t be berating the umpire and calling him a liar. If no men’s player, which I doubt, has ever received three warnings and a game misconduct then the umpires were way too lenient. Then again, I highly doubt the whole narrative.

And, her history has relevance. Referees are quicker to nab Doc Rivers because he complains about everything. Don’t want a quick trigger, fix your damn behavior.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    You’re right. It shouldn’t have gotten to that point. Serena should have been more composed. If everyone does it, which they do, then she shouldn’t be berating the umpire and calling him a liar. If no men’s player, which I doubt, has ever received three warnings and a game misconduct then the umpires were way too lenient. Then again, I highly doubt the whole narrative.

And, her history has relevance. Referees are quicker to nab Doc Rivers because he complains about everything. Don’t want a quick trigger, fix your damn behavior.
    I follow a lot of tennis people on Twitter, and none of them can seem to recall a game penalty ever being called. I've definitely seen worse outbursts than Serena's yesterday not penalized.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Fair enough. I'll still argued I've seen much worse outbursts that what we saw from Serena yesterday in much more recent years not be penalized to that extent.

The majority of the time you don’t get dinged for it. She did. The tennis world seems to be largely siding with her. Greenbergs take on what he’s heard others get away with is pretty telling. The umpire made the game about himself. He should be reprimanded. And while her coach might have been signaling, she didn’t see it. Her actions consisted of arguing which happens all the time and smashing a racket which happens all the time. Much ado about nothing on her end.

7. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Serena got her ass kicked and she didn't like it. All the rest of it is just noise.

9. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    The majority of the time you don’t get dinged for it. She did. The tennis world seems to be largely siding with her. Greenbergs take on what he’s heard others get away with is pretty telling. The umpire made the game about himself. He should be reprimanded. And while her coach might have been signaling, she didn’t see it. Her actions consisted of arguing which happens all the time and smashing a racket which happens all the time. Much ado about nothing on her end.
    Calling a coaching penalty in that spot in a grand slam final would be like calling traveling in the last 10 seconds of game 7 of the NBA finals when you haven't called it all series and it never gets called anyway. Once the ump made that call, he made the match about himself.

11. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Calling a coaching penalty in that spot in a grand slam final would be like calling traveling in the last 10 seconds of game 7 of the NBA finals when you haven't called it all series and it never gets called anyway. Once the ump made that call, he made the match about himself.
    And when he got pissed that she insulted him he really made it about himself. Yes, it does happen, but by all accounts the insult "thief," is quite tame in comparison what's said on those courts.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Due to living in Cowboy country, my schedule is now open to watch the mens final this afternoon.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Delpo has life. The crowd is with him.

Djokovic turns into such a little bitch when the crowd is against him. I love it.

15. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Delpo has life. The crowd is with him.

Djokovic turns into such a little bitch when the crowd is against him. I love it.
    Never have liked Djokovic.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Never have liked Djokovic.
    I think he's pretty funny and when he's playing at his best he's ridiculously good. But he seems like a sore loser and gets rattled so easily.

But yeah I'm not a fan. I almost always root against him.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Serena got her ass kicked and she didn't like it. All the rest of it is just noise.
    It is this simple. She got worked hard and it didn't suit her, pulled out all the stops like a cornered animal, but was beat all the same. No big. I'll bet her opponent *loved* the salt, deep down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

20. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Criticizing Serena for any of that is an awful take and you should be ashamed if that's what you're going with. That umpire should never work a major match again.

22. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information