Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Tennis is in my top 5 as well. Not much beats a great tennis match. The 08 Wimbledon final is one of the greatest sporting events I've ever watched.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Tennis is in my top 5 as well. Not much beats a great tennis match. The 08 Wimbledon final is one of the greatest sporting events I've ever watched.
    That was Federer-Roddick, yes?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

In terms of how actively I follow/enjoy the sport I'd go Football, Basketball, Tennis, Baseball, Hockey with the runners up being golf and soccer.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    That was Federer-Roddick, yes?
    Really, Mo? That was the Federer-Nadal match where Nadal got his first Wimbledon.

Really, Mo? That was the Federer-Nadal match where Nadal got his first Wimbledon.
    How does Tennis work?

Teach me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    How does Tennis work?

Teach me.
    What do you know? We'll work from there.

What do you know? We'll work from there.
    I don't know much. I don't even know the scoring system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Oh, well then that wasn’t the best Wimbledon final of the last 20 years, because it is objectively Federer over Roddick (in 2009, I’m seeing now). There is no debate in that one.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I don't know much. I don't even know the scoring system.
    To win a game:
    Love (0), 15, 30, 40, Game point (must win by two), Deuce is when they’re tied at 40 and to win the game a player must win two points in a row.

To win a set:
    Win six games, must win by two. Use of tiebreakers varies. You can win 7-5 without a tiebreaker, but 6-6 triggers a tiebreaker except in a few tournaments in the final set (Wimbledon is one). That’s starting to get a little complicated. First to six, win by two.

Win a match:
    Best 3 of 5, or 2 of 3 sets.

10. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I thought Buff was gonna tear us a new one for having tennis top 5. Where’d he go?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Oh, well then that wasn’t the best Wimbledon final of the last 20 years, because it is objectively Federer over Roddick (in 2009, I’m seeing now). There is no debate in that one.
    Literally every tennis expert would disagree with you.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Literally every tennis expert would disagree with you.
    No.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Maybe i'm exaggerating for effect by having it #2, but it's hard to beat a really good and intense tennis match. So much tension and precision and mental strength needed for every point. It's awesome.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

No.
    I mean...it was 16-14 in the fifth set. Of a Wimbledon final!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Google "greatest tennis match ever" and tell me what the first several results are.
    Well, if it's on Google, it must be true, so...

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information