Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis!

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

Kiss of life to the Tennis thread - U.S Open time!

With Nadal out and Murray's head messed up, Djokovic to win the men's I guess, although it would be nice to see Federer get one more.

No idea who will win the Women's. Lots of up-coming young talent.

2. The Following User High Fived Jaws For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I'm pro-Fed all day every day. I'd also like to see del Potro make a comeback but it's very unlikely. I am essentially rooting for anybody but Djokovic.

I'm also on board with Eugenie Bouchard on the women's side because she is goooooood looking.

US Open is my second favorite open behind Aussie, so i'm excited. I have trouble caring a whole lot about the French Open.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I'm pro-Fed all day every day. I'd also like to see del Potro make a comeback but it's very unlikely. I am essentially rooting for anybody but Djokovic.

I'm also on board with Eugenie Bouchard on the women's side because she is goooooood looking.

US Open is my second favorite open behind Aussie, so i'm excited. I have trouble caring a whole lot about the French Open.
    I've slightly taken against Bouchard, not through her own fault, but media building her up as the next Sharapova which is annoying!

I quite like Simona Halep's style of play. She was good in the French, but a bit disappointing in the latter stages of Wimbledon.

What's the name of that tall young American who won Eastbourne but had to pull out of Wimbledon half way through due to injury? If she's playing she might do well....?

Can I ask why the Aussie is your fave Abe?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I've always enjoyed watching tennis on the clay. Plus, Michael Chang was my tennis idol when I was a kid, and my favorite match ever was when he beat Lendl at Roland Garros (which until I just looked it up, my memory has it as the final. But the final was actually against Edberg). It was his only major. I liked the counter-punching of Agassi later, so the U.S. Open later became a favorite. He had some epic matches in Flushing.

I am a Murray fan now that Roddick is retired, but I'd like to see someone break through besides Federer/Djokovic/Murray too. Del Potro would be interesting, and he does have a Open title (five years ago now...). I like Monfils, but I don't think his game is good enough on hard court, love to watch him play though.

Maybe I can get back into women's tennis if I don't have to hear about the Williams sisters every two minutes. Can't stand either of them.

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

I saw Agassi play at Wimbledon on Centre Court in 1991 Mo. He was always great to watch in more ways than one

And as for Michael Chang, what a warrior he was. He gave it his all and was an exciting player.

8. The Following User High Fived Jaws For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Dammit ESPN, stay with the Murray match. I do not care about Venus Williams as a 19 seed.

Edit: Venus...still don't care.
    Last edited by MOtorboat; 08-25-2014 at 12:33 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Monfils has an interesting matchup in round one. 17-year-old Jared Donaldson, American who earned a wild card spot.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    I've slightly taken against Bouchard, not through her own fault, but media building her up as the next Sharapova which is annoying!

I quite like Simona Halep's style of play. She was good in the French, but a bit disappointing in the latter stages of Wimbledon.

What's the name of that tall young American who won Eastbourne but had to pull out of Wimbledon half way through due to injury? If she's playing she might do well....?

The womens is so open. I'd like to see Li Na win another, she's so fun.

The Aussie seems the most relaxed to me I guess. I'm not really sure, but the atmosphere seems really cool. It comes on about midnight here, and i'm a night owl so I find it a good time to watch. Not 100% sure why but I love everything about it. If I got the chance to go to any one major, it'd be the Aussie.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post

The womens is so open. I'd like to see Li Na win another, she's so fun.

The Aussie seems the most relaxed to me I guess. I'm not really sure, but the atmosphere seems really cool. It comes on about midnight here, and i'm a night owl so I find it a good time to watch. Not 100% sure why but I love everything about it. If I got the chance to go to any one major, it'd be the Aussie.
    Li Na could do stand up comedy. A very good sport

man I can't believe the shit that Mo gets into .

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

Glad Murray got through in 4

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

CBS Sports Network is a glorious thing. I don't care at all who wins Sharapova-Wosniaki. I'd much rather watch Simon and Ferrer...

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    CBS Sports Network is a glorious thing. I don't care at all who wins Sharapova-Wosniaki. I'd much rather watch Simon and Ferrer...
    I watched 5 minutes of the sharapova/wosniaki game - after that i was spent and seen no need to watch anymore

17. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I prefer ESPN's coverage to CBS or NBC. That might also be a factor as to why I prefer the Aussie Open to any other, because they cover the game the whole tournament.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I have watched two games and I love Kei Nishikori's game. Counter-puncher with a backhand return reminiscent of Agassi at his best. I've never seen Nishikori before. Could be a new favorite.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information