Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    I still think Federer would have won even if Andy won that 2nd set.
    I really hope Roddick wins Wimbledon one day though. He deserves it.
    How many more Slams for Federer I wonder.
    I would think at least a couple more.
    Maybe as much as five even.
    20 slams would be one heck of a record for anyone ever to beat.
    I suppose it all depends on how soon Nadal recovers.
    I predict Andy to win U.S Open. Which Andy, I'm not saying
    Hey sweet shark !

Yeah, may be Rodger would have won anyway, but I'm not so sure... Roddick was really good on his serve. He was better in the 1st, 2nd and 4th... They were close in the 3rd and Roger was better in the 2nd part of the 5th (after having to save some break points). IMo Andy had a great chance to win it but a very few points made the difference... This is where Roger is so great...
    Was amazed me was the calm of the 2 players... Unbelievable

Yeah, I think Roger can make a huge record... It will be tough to beat... Even for Nadal... Nadal's style is more physical and his body suffers a lot because of that... I don't know if he will have a very long carreer, but who knows? Rafa in good shape is a beast... Roger has a lot of troubles against him but I don't see Rafa winning 20 grand slams (because of injuries)...

... yeah... Which Andy will win??? I was laughing during the semi opposing Andy to Andy --> "Come on Andy"... but Andy Who???

I think A-Rod will have a good US Open... The guy deserves to win another grand slam...
    A-Mur has a lot of talent... But I'd like to see him more agressive and not relying too much on his opponent's faults... He can take the game, he has the skills for that... Why doesn't he come more near the net? (Note that I think too many players are staying away from the net... Too bad because they could have many easy points after a good attack)...

I really liked the way A-Rod played at Wimbledon... Always attacking when he had a chance and coming to the net to finish points...

Froggy's back !

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

I don't think Nadal will ever beat his record either Frenchie, what I meant was, the number of Slams Federer wins depends on how soon and to what extent Nadal recovers from his present injuries. If Nadal's career is hindered, then I think the path is open for Rodger to go on to win as much as twenty slams.

3. The Following User High Fived Jaws For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    I don't think Nadal will ever beat his record either Frenchie, what I meant was, the number of Slams Federer wins depends on how soon and to what extent Nadal recovers from his present injuries. If Nadal's career is hindered, then I think the path is open for Rodger to go on to win as much as twenty slams.
    yes my bad... I misunderstood (still my bad english... I need a teacher )

You're so right... There are only 2 players who can deal with Roger :
    Nadal and A-Mur (take a look at the records).

I don't think Roger would have win the French if Nadal was in final... We'll never know though...

If Nadal is out for a long time, I think Roger could go over 20 Slams... I've heard that he plans to retire after the London Olympics... Rumours?
    Froggy's back !

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

U.S. Open...

Come on Maria..get this shit over with, I want to see Andy Murray...

I couldn't even stay up long enough to see Andy Roddick even take the court last night.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Nadal just pounded Gasquet in the first 6-2...anyone able to watch it? Does Nadal look healthy?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Nadal just pounded Gasquet in the first 6-2...anyone able to watch it? Does Nadal look healthy?
    I am watching. Nadal's movement looks alot better as compared to recent weeks. His shot making is also very crisp. I think he could make a run in this tournament.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    I am watching. Nadal's movement looks alot better as compared to recent weeks. His shot making is also very crisp. I think he could make a run in this tournament.
    Gasquet's game must have really fallen off. Murray didn't look great last night, just average, although the dude he was playing showed flashes of absolute brilliance but the McEnroe brothers said he has all-world, No. 1 talent, but doesn't care enough. And I could tell. I didn't get a chance to see Roddick, and of course Federer can't be ruled out of anything. I heard them talking about Djokovic playing really well in his first match, but I haven't even seen highlights of it.

Federer, Nadal, Murray, Roddick and Djokovic are probably the true contenders.

9. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Gasquet's game must have really fallen off. Murray didn't look great last night, just average, although the dude he was playing showed flashes of absolute brilliance but the McEnroe brothers said he has all-world, No. 1 talent, but doesn't care enough. And I could tell. I didn't get a chance to see Roddick, and of course Federer can't be ruled out of anything. I heard them talking about Djokovic playing really well in his first match, but I haven't even seen highlights of it.

Federer, Nadal, Murray, Roddick and Djokovic are probably the true contenders.
    Yeah Gasquet is spraying alot of shots. He hasn't really found a great rhythm. His effort has also been lacking at times. But yes, I agree that the top 5 are the only players with any shot of winning this tournament. And I think Fed, Murray, and Roddick are the favorites but Rafa or Djoko still have a decent chance I think.

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Rafa looks good, but Gasquet isn't presenting much of a challenge. Looks disinterested out there. Sounds like this is Gasquet's first main draw event since his suspension...he does not look like himself at all.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm rejoicing. The early match tonight is the men's. I hope it goes five sets just to spite the woman's tennis fans...I've been having to stay up late for every match at the Open for years. (P.S. Not a big woman's tennis fan, really, the Williams sisters ruin it for me. They should be tested for steroids.)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'm rejoicing. The early match tonight is the men's. I hope it goes five sets just to spite the woman's tennis fans...I've been having to stay up late for every match at the Open for years. (P.S. Not a big woman's tennis fan, really, the Williams sisters ruin it for me. They should be tested for steroids.)
    Tennis does test for steroids.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Tennis does test for steroids.
    Then test for HGH.

Del Potro looked awesome when they were showing him, although he was making a few unforced errors, and the dude he was playing had no pace on his shots.

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Del Potro is beast. He just stands there and rips flat ground strokes all day. He's so tall it looks like he doesn't even have to move sometimes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

As a non-fan of the Williams sisters...how great is this to have an American to root for.

Go Melanie.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Agassi says he used crystal meth in '97

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/ten...ory?id=4600027

Andre Agassi used crystal meth while he was playing professional tennis, according to a new autobiography to be released next month.

The information was confirmed by the director of media relations at Knopf, a division of Random House which is publishing the book, according to a report in the New York Daily News. It was first publicized widely by Sports Illustrated writer Richard Deitsch in a Twitter post.

The Daily News said that the year was 1997.

"FYI: There's an off-the-charts book excerpt from Andre Agassi in the forthcoming SI: He admits to taking crystal meth during his career," Deitsch wrote Tuesday morning. The post was later deleted. The excerpt of the book is due out later this week in Sports Illustrated and People magazines.

"Those excerpts contain revelations about Andre's use of crystal meth when he was a tennis player," said Paul Bogaards of Knopf, according to the Daily News.

Agassi had won the Olympic gold medal in the 1996 Atlanta Games, but didn't win a major in 1997. His next major came at the 1999 French Open. He won the U.S. Open later that year and went on to win three more Australian Open titles before retiring in 2006. He won more than $30 million in his career, and eight major singles titles.

He is currently married to former Grand Slam champion Steffi Graf. They have two children.

The book, titled "Open: An Autobiography," is due out on Nov. 9.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information