Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What will you be eating/drinking for the season opener?

Default What will you be eating/drinking for the season opener?

So, what is it?

The season opener is just around the corner and I know all you football fanatics will be preparing for this special event like me. Heck, it's almost a national holiday for those who love the gridiron (though nothing beats your teams season opener).

So any elaborate plans? what will you be eating and drinking?

Me, I grabbed a bunch of beer. A 6 of Sunshine wheat from New Belgium brewing company, and a sixer of New Castle....

As for food, I plan on making some delicious Nachos with miniature pepperoncini on the side (I love the thin delicious miniature pepperoncini), and probably some pizza.....

What about you?
    Temp sig till I find another one

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

not sure, but probably nothing too elaborate-- i've got a massage scheduled for earlier that evening, and i'm also going to have to start packing my car for a weekend camping trip so i can leave ASAP friday. . . that doesn't leave me much time thursday night for a big meal-- i'll probably make some tacos or order a pizza, something like that. . .

and of course, we all know what the beverage of choice will be. . .

most likely either dogfish head's indian brown ale, or bell's two-hearted IPA. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    not sure, but probably nothing too elaborate-- i've got a massage scheduled for earlier that evening, and i'm also going to have to start packing my car for a weekend camping trip so i can leave ASAP friday. . . that doesn't leave me much time thursday night for a big meal-- i'll probably make some tacos or order a pizza, something like that. . .

most likely either dogfish head's indian brown ale, or bell's two-hearted IPA. . .
    You love those IPA's don;t you? Never been a big fan, though I must saw Sacramento Brewing Company IPA does have a little something in it I like, but I prefer their Sierra Nevada.... sorry that post should have been reserved for the Beer thread....

Hope ya have a good trip Dfish...
    Temp sig till I find another one

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Being I'll have the kids (wife's going on a Hawaiian cruise), I thought about making fruit smoothies (blueberries, strawberries, bananas, cherries, yogurt and apple juice). Pizza, cookies and Doritos.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post

Taco night! Awesome idea

Adopted Bronco:
    darrell jackson!!

I will be making a pot of bbq little smokey's and drinking it with my jack$coke..
    heathly man's meal.

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by BigBroncLove View Post
    So, what is it?

The season opener is just around the corner and I know all you football fanatics will be preparing for this special event like me. Heck, it's almost a national holiday for those who love the gridiron (though nothing beats your teams season opener).

Me, I grabbed a bunch of beer. A 6 of Sunshine wheat from New Belgium brewing company, and a sixer of New Castle....

As for food, I plan on making some delicious Nachos with miniature pepperoncini on the side (I love the thin delicious miniature pepperoncini), and probably some pizza.....

What about you?

Sunshine Wheat and New Castle are good.

Myself, my day will start off with CHurch with the family that will run 1 hour into the game. I will have it DVR'd so thats not a problem. I just have to make sure I don't give into temptation and turn on 850 KOA on the drive to lunch.

SO yeah, we go to lunch after CHurch and each of us get a Sunday to pick where we are going. This week is my 4 yo daughters choice. Daddy will have a HUGE influence in her decision. SOmething we can take home.

Take home, because at 4 I have to go to work. I have to make sure I can watch the DVR'd version of the game before I have to leave.

So with work no for me just H2O this week. As it will be for the entire season since I work Sundays adn Mondays...

Quote Originally Posted by BigBroncLove View Post
    So, what is it?

What about you?
    I'm jealous. I really miss the New Belgium brews. Sunshine was my favorite, but I liked Blue Paddle, and of course Fat Tire.

I'll probably do something mexican to eat(fajitas, tacos, something along those lines), and XX or these new little brown brews called Barrilitos(made by the Modelo company). I don't have alot of options on that front.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Default My specialty!

A couple peanut butter (Peter Pan) & jelly (Welch's grape) samwiches with a tall glass of Nestle Quick chocolate milk!

Not just any PB&J!

It's the "skinny special" PB&J!

Heavy on the peanut butter . . . light on the jelly!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I generally don't snack during on game day. However, I might have one or two diet .

I will be in my dorm. PARTY!!!

Go Rockies!!!
    "Get your ass down to first base and shut up!" -- Troy Tulowitzki

"The other sports are just sports, baseball is love." -- Bryant Gumbel

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I generally don't snack during on game day. However, I might have one or two diet .
    Have you tried the new Diet Pepsi Max?? That is some good stuff. Extra Caffiene and Ginsing. I like those at night when I have to work till 2:30 or 3 am.

The Broncos game isn't aired here, so I might have to hit up a sports bar or something where I can watch the game and enjoy a treat or two.

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    The Broncos game isn't aired here, so I might have to hit up a sports bar or something where I can watch the game and enjoy a treat or two.
    Thats the best. Some mini burgers and hot wings. Sports bar food is the best...and usually pretty fair prices.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    Have you tried the new Diet Pepsi Max?? That is some good stuff. Extra Caffiene and Ginsing. I like those at night when I have to work till 2:30 or 3 am.

Yes, it was alright, my favorites are, diet vanilla, wild cherry, and carmel cream.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information