Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Heath Ledger Dead at age 28

Sorry G. Terrible thing that he died.

However, if this is another pampered celebrity who OD'd on illegal or legal drugs because they are "so miserable", I dont have any sympathy.
    But, it WOULD be nice to wait to hear the results first.....therefore, I am guilty of jumping the gun on judging the guy.
    But, with all of the world being force fed constant information on "news" outlets and seeing the self destructive behavior these people participate in at such a sickening level, it is hard not to judge.
    Know what I mean g?
    2012: The Year that Mo Got Laid

2. The Following User High Fived Rex For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Peyton Hillis...always

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    P.S.

This is to everyone who feels a need to come into a thread about the fact that someone lost his life and say basically "well **** that guy, he's obviously a dumbass and I didn't like him anyway."

This isn't a flame thread. This isn't a thread in Politics, or Religion.

This is a thread dedicated to the memory of a 28 year old man, the father of a little girl, who didn't make it. We didn't know him, but we wish the best to those who did. We knew his work, and we'll miss it.

That's all.

Please try to keep your self-righteous hard-ons in your pants, or wave them around in some other thread or forum. Yes, you lived and he died. You're the winners. Now be polite and let the rest of us attempt to remember him in some way that doesn't shame us all as human beings.

TIA,

~G
    Well said GMoney! He was a beautiful man, incredible actor, loving father, friend, brother, son. No matter what the cause of his death ends up being...he touched many lives in a positive way and I will pray for his family.
    "When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free"
    ~Charles Evans Hughes~

Quote Originally Posted by cswil View Post
    Sorry G. Terrible thing that he died.

However, if this is another pampered celebrity who OD'd on illegal or legal drugs because they are "so miserable", I dont have any sympathy.
    But, it WOULD be nice to wait to hear the results first.....therefore, I am guilty of jumping the gun on judging the guy.
    But, with all of the world being force fed constant information on "news" outlets and seeing the self destructive behavior these people participate in at such a sickening level, it is hard not to judge.
    Know what I mean g?
    One thing is for sure, Ledger was not a pampered celebrity.

He was a hard working actor, who refused to buy into his so-called celebrity status. He sold his property in Sydney because he was tired of the paparazzi. He spent his holidays in his hometown because people there treated him with decency and respect. They respected his right to privacy.
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

5. The Following User High Fived Kapaibro For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro View Post
    One thing is for sure, Ledger was not a pampered celebrity.

He was a hard working actor, who refused to buy into his so-called celebrity status. He sold his property in Sydney because he was tired of the paparazzi. He spent his holidays in his hometown because people there treated him with decency and respect. They respected his right to privacy.
    I am sure a $24,000/month apartment in SoHo was rough.

Anyway, I am not going to trash him.

7. The Following User High Fived Rex For This Post:

I am sure a $24,000/month apartment in SoHo was rough.

Anyway, I am not going to trash him.
    Uh, he earned that money, he is entitled to have somewhere nice to live. Plenty of people do that everyday.

I think of celebrities and especially pampered ones being people like Pairs Hilton, and Nicole Richie. Famous for nothing they actually did, but for the money their family has.
    They do nothing, and contribute nothing.

Add me on Facebook!

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Kapaibro For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

The one thing I'm really sick and tired of is the media jumping to conclusions about the celebrities and athletes deaths or their legal issues. Everyone is in such a rush to be first with the breaking information that they will speculate and tarnish people's names and images. If they are wrong then the damage is already done and even a simple retraction can't undue the damage.

Randy Moss is a woman beater. - Really? How do we know.
    Sean Taylor was killed for his past. - Turned out to be BS.
    the examples go on and on

Please can't anyone (mostly the media and talking heads) just wait for the medical examiner to come out with a cause of death before making a damn comment.

11. The Following User High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Peyton Hillis...always

It sounds like there is alot of jealousy because he was a man that made alot of money doing something he loved. Good for him, good for us (we benefited from his acting).
    "When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free"
    ~Charles Evans Hughes~

13. The Following User High Fived broncogirl7 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by broncogirl7 View Post
    It sounds like there is alot of jealousy because he was a man that made alot of money doing something he loved. Good for him, good for us (we benefited from his acting).
    OK. He really changed the world! Right up there with people curing disease.=

I will say, that it is unfair to jump to conclusions about his drug use. The problem is the media reports it and we are conditioned to these people dying from illegal drug use. With that said, I will reserve judgment on him until they figure it out.

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    These sick ****s are at it again:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22813570/

If you don't know who the Westboro Baptist Church is, it's a group of "religious" (And I say that loosely) zealots in Topeka, Kan., that believe that America is going to hell for being open about homosexuality, which they see as, apparently the ultimate sin. Strangely enough, they don't want to leave the country and lose their right to free speech.
    That just makes me sick. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Heath and his death, nobody deserves that treatment. I wonder if anyone like the Patriot Riders will show up to the funeral and protect the sanctity of his funeral.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

16. The Following User High Fived Bronco4ever For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

OK. He really changed the world! Right up there with people curing disease.=

I will say, that it is unfair to jump to conclusions about his drug use. The problem is the media reports it and we are conditioned to these people dying from illegal drug use. With that said, I will reserve judgment on him until they figure it out.
    I'm with you, I get really tired of the "All Britney, All The Time" extravaganzas that I'm sure will be prying dirt from under her fingernails once she's dead. The papparazzi nature of our whole society now is obnoxious, and it is hard to keep an open mind about a profession that obviously is filled with that many self-centered, self-destructive people.

But the art world has always been full of self-centered, self-destructive people. Most artists are broken people. Whole people rarely reach the top in a profession designed to weed out the healthy and good-natured and promote the back-stabbing and crazy.

And most any genius, in any profession, is cracked. See Bobby Fischer. Being a genius at chess didn't make him a great human being.

But I don't think it's really any less sad to lose a 28 year old millionaire actor than it is to lose a 28 year old bricklayer.

Both are someone's husband/father/son/brother/friend.

Both have careers, and are hopefully having an impact through their work. The bricklayer builds houses and sidewalks while the actor entertains people for money, but it's not the actor's fault that someone is paying him a lot more to do what he does.

I don't know if he suicided or not - nobody does. I don't know what drugs they had him on with those prescriptions nor what the combination would do.

I did have a friend kill himself because the idiot doctor gave him the wrong drug for his brain chemistry and it took him from depressed to suicidal, so I try not to make those calls before-hand.

Most good actors are crazy, at least a little bit. You have to be, to play someone who isn't you convincingly enough to be believed without reservation.

They don't make drugs for that kind of crazy, and if they did actors still couldn't take them because it would kill their ability to perform their job.

Some actors make it through.

Some actors quit the business, or move to directing or writing to get a break from it.

Some actors die.

Some bricklayers die too, and I don't spit on their graves and call them spoiled brats for taking the easy way out.

If the only difference between the actor and the bricklayer is that your respect for them and their memory is based entirely on how much they're paid for their job, then I can accept that.

I just don't choose to use that particular lens to view the quality or worth of a life.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Default Mystery of Heath Ledger's death solved tomorrow

Toxicology rules Ledger's death accidental
    7:39AM Thursday February 07, 2008

NEW YORK - Actor Heath Ledger died of an accidental overdose of six prescription drugs, with a combination of painkillers, tranquilizers and sleeping aids found in his system, officials said on Wednesday.

"We have concluded that the manner of death is accident, resulting from the abuse of prescription medications," the New York City Medical Examiner's Office said in a statement.

"Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine," the statement said.

Australian-born Ledger, 28, renowned for his role as a conflicted gay cowboy in the 2005 movie "Brokeback Mountain," was found dead in his Manhattan apartment on January 22, naked and with several prescription drugs nearby.

His death shocked film fans and fellow actors around the world and added his name to the list of movie stars who died young, like Marilyn Monroe and James Dean.

Kim Ledger, the actor's father, said the family was humbled by the outpouring of support from fans around the world and asked to be allowed to grieve privately.

"While no medications were taken in excess, we learned today the combination of doctor-prescribed drugs proved lethal for our boy."

SIX PRESCRIPTION DRUGS

The painkillers oxycodone and hydrocodone are opiates, which are dangerous when combined with anti-anxiety medicines like diazepam, alprazolam and temazepam. According to a Drug Enforcement Administration website, oxycodone is often abused and an acute overdose can cause respiratory arrest and death.

Diazepam is sold under the brand name Valium and alprazolam is sold under the name Xanax. Temazepam is also used as a sleep aid and sold under the name Restoril. Doxylamine, a sleep aid and antihistamine, is an active ingredient in a number of over-the-counter medications, including NyQuil.

Ledger had said in recent interviews he was having trouble sleeping during the filming of the latest Batman film "The Dark Knight" in which he plays The Joker, a homicidal maniac. The film is due out in July.

Andrew Kolodny, a psychiatrist at Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn, said, "If someone has an overdose death with that kind of toxicology report, it's usually an indication that they were either doctor-shopping or purchasing medications either on the street or on the internet."

The handsome star had been romantically linked with a number of actresses and models, periodically spotted in fancy clubs and night spots around New York.

He recently had been in a committed relationship with actress Michelle Williams, the mother of their 2-year-old daughter, Matilda, but the couple split in September. Some reports said Ledger was having difficulty with the breakup.

The couple met during the filming of "Brokeback Mountain," for which Ledger received an Oscar nomination.

Other film credits included "The Patriot" in 2000, "Monster's Ball" in 2001 and "I'm Not There" in 2007.

I'm sure it will be a great relief to his friends, family and fans to know that he did not deliberately take his life.

Add me on Facebook!

20. The Following User High Fived Kapaibro For This Post:

Good to hear. I figured as much. Hopefully now people will stop mocking him and such. Yea, I know wishful thinking.
    Last edited by topscribe; 02-06-2008 at 06:48 PM. Reason: inflammatory

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm sure it will be a great relief to his friends, family and fans to know that he did not deliberately take his life.
    I find this amusing. He abused the drugs. So yeah, he deliberately took his own life by deliberating taking these drugs. Good grief.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland Rocks View Post
    Good to hear. I figured as much. Hopefully now people will stop mocking him and such. Yea, I know wishful thinking.
    "Good to hear". Good to hear that a man that many hold in such high esteem was a drug addict that abused prescription drugs to the point that he killed himself?

I dont get it. If he was not a Hollywood icon, nobody would give 2 shits about him. He would probably be on the streets or heading that way. THIS is what we want our young people of the world to hear about.....a guy that millions of kids probably look up to is just another drug abuser.

"Good to hear". Good to hear that a man that many hold in such high esteem was a drug addict that abused prescription drugs to the point that he killed himself?

I dont get it. If he was not a Hollywood icon, nobody would give 2 shits about him. He would probably be on the streets or heading that way. THIS is what we want our young people of the world to hear about.....a guy that millions of kids probably look up to is just another drug abuser.
    He didn't abuse them. It was an accidental concoction. He was ill and he accidentally overdosed on the pills. There was a chemical reaction in combining them that proved lethal. That is what killed him. He didn't take all the pills in an attempt at suicide. Read the reports. It is good to hear that he did not commit suicide and was not after a "high". It was unintentional.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information