Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Heath Ledger Dead at age 28

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

TMZ says he had pneumonia, the Police spokesman now says he was wrong about it being in the (more) bizarre Olsen's apartment...

And his father says it was definitely accidental.

"We, Heath's family can confirm the very tragic, untimely and accidental passing of our dearly loved son, brother and doting father of Matilda," his father said.

"He was found peacefully asleep in his New York apartment by his housekeeper. He was down to earth, generous, kind-hearted, life-loving, unselfish, individual (and) extremely inspirational to many."

"We would like to thank our friends and everyone around the world for their well wishes and kind thoughts at this time," Mr Ledger said.

"Heath has touched so many people on so many different levels during his short life but few had the pleasure of truly knowing him."

Celebrity news website TMZ.com has reported Ledger was sick with pneumonia when he died.

"This is the first I'm hearing that," Lieutenant John Grimpal, from the New York Police Department, told Macquarie Radio.

"The medical examiner, once he or she conducts an autopsy, will determine exactly the cause of death."
    *Why* he died doesn't make it any better *that* he died - but I've lost friends to both drugs and natural causes and at least with the natural kind you're not left forever wondering if there is more that you could have done to help.

So for the sake of his loved ones, I hope the latest round of rumors contain more truth than the first round.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

2. The Following User High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Drug problem or not, he was still a human being who had great talent. Definitely taken way too young....

RIP...

4. The Following User High Fived Reidman For This Post:

Preliminary autopsy inconclusive.

The first news reports had a lot of incorrect information. It wasn't the Olsen sisters home. And I don't know about you, but, if you found me dead in my bedroom, you'd find prescription pills, and over the counter medications all around me too.
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Last edited by MOtorboat; 01-24-2008 at 12:46 PM.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Who cares?

400 soldiers have died this month.
    This thread is for those who do care. If you don't, you have right not to post in here.

Add me on Facebook!

Adopted Bronco:
    Glenn Martinez

Glad he finished Batman atleast .Drugs did him in.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    Glad he finished Batman atleast .Drugs did him in.
    The autopsy did not say what did him in. Those tests have yet to be confirmed.

Add me on Facebook!

Adopted Bronco:
    Craig Morton / Haven Moses

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    If thats the case, what a drama queen. Loser.
    If this was suicide or doctor hopping for multiple perscriptions, then I couldn't agree with you more Claymore.

What dumbass is taking 6 perscription medications without consulting a doctor or being monitored by a Primary Physician constantly?

These people are crazy.......this dumbass had it all but Common Sense.

Sorry to you boo hooooers, and I apologize to his family and my sympathies go out to them, but what an idiot this guy is......errr, I mean was
    Give a man a match and he will be warm for a moment, but set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Suicide or accidental overdose, it's an unnessesary tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by eessydo View Post
    If this was suicide or doctor hopping for multiple perscriptions, then I couldn't agree with you more Claymore.

What dumbass is taking 6 perscription medications without consulting a doctor or being monitored by a Primary Physician constantly?

These people are crazy.......this dumbass had it all but Common Sense.

Sorry to you boo hooooers, and I apologize to his family and my sympathies go out to them, but what an idiot this guy is......errr, I mean was
    What doctor prescribes anything without asking what else a person is taking?

Can we keep the nasty comments to a minimum until it is decided whether or not he actually DID commit suicide.

Until that time this is an accidental death, and no one is to blame.

Add me on Facebook!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

These sick ****s are at it again:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22813570/

Church plans to protest Ledger’s memorial

The radical Baptist church known for picketing the funerals of American soldiers who lost their lives in Iraq has announced that they intend to protest Heath Ledger’s stateside memorial service because he played a gay character in “Brokeback Mountain.”

“You cannot live in defiance of God. He (Ledger) got on that big screen with a big, fat message: God is a liar and it's OK to be gay,” said Shirley Phelps in a statement sent out by the Topeka, Kan.-based Westboro Baptist Church.

The only compelling reason to ignore Westboro Baptist’s reprehensible intentions is that highlighting the vast inappropriateness of their thoughts and actions only brings the church more publicity. However, if the members of Westboro Baptist get to speak their minds, every individual who feels that this is an affront to most basic standards of human ethics should be able to as well.
    If you don't know who the Westboro Baptist Church is, it's a group of "religious" (And I say that loosely) zealots in Topeka, Kan., that believe that America is going to hell for being open about homosexuality, which they see as, apparently the ultimate sin. Strangely enough, they don't want to leave the country and lose their right to free speech.
    Last edited by MOtorboat; 01-24-2008 at 12:50 PM.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Westboro are the worst examples of 'humanity' and 'christianity' EVAH.

Add me on Facebook!

Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Who cares?

400 soldiers have died this month.
    Then post about that in the, "Here are the names of the 400 people who died in action that you've never seen, met, felt, or had impact you in any way, but they died for the idea of freedom so they deserve a thread" thread.

I'd post in that too.

I live in Colorado Springs, so every time my friends get back from the front, we get together and toast all their friends who died.

That's what this is - a toast.

So stop being the drunk ******* at the funeral who throws up in the casket.

I don't care if you don't care about him, all I'm asking for is a little class. I know, in the modern internet it's a tough thing to find - just try.

~G
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

P.S.

This is to everyone who feels a need to come into a thread about the fact that someone lost his life and say basically "well **** that guy, he's obviously a dumbass and I didn't like him anyway."

This isn't a flame thread. This isn't a thread in Politics, or Religion.

This is a thread dedicated to the memory of a 28 year old man, the father of a little girl, who didn't make it. We didn't know him, but we wish the best to those who did. We knew his work, and we'll miss it.

That's all.

Please try to keep your self-righteous hard-ons in your pants, or wave them around in some other thread or forum. Yes, you lived and he died. You're the winners. Now be polite and let the rest of us attempt to remember him in some way that doesn't shame us all as human beings.

TIA,

~G
    -- James Dean

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Sad, sad stuff. R.I.P. Heath.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information