Thread: Thrill of Broncos' first Super Bowl victory

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Thrill of Broncos' first Super Bowl victory

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...690319,00.html

Great read - too long to post it all here.

Thrill of Broncos' first Super Bowl victory is not dulled by time
    Memories of magical run still vivid for Denver's first NFL championship team

John Elway hits the turf on the so-called "helicopter play" during the third quarter of Super Bowl XXXII, a play that resulted in a key first down and showcased the Broncos' determination.

They are scattered across the country now, selling real estate, coaching Little League or flying airplanes.

A few parlayed their fame into television gigs, horror flicks and a possible run for Congress.

One player used it to serve God. And the quarterback once called a god is busier than ever, racing cars, selling steaks, coaching high school football and pitching Arena Football League games.

Ten years ago, this group of wildly divergent personalities came together in the perfect storm to provide Denver with its greatest sports accomplishment.

Along the way, there was spit, suspense, even a new Mile High Salute.

In its 38th season, the franchise known as much for its Super losses finally was a Super Bowl champ.

"It feels like I never played football before, that's how long ago it was," said John Elway, who now is quarterbacks coach for son Jack at Cherry Creek High School.

"Obviously, things go faster every year, but it's hard to believe it's been 10 years. It's harder for me to believe my kids are as old as they are rather than it being 10 years since that Super Bowl."

While the years have drifted by, the memories and mementos remain.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...690319,00.html

Great read - too long to post it all here.

Thrill of Broncos' first Super Bowl victory is not dulled by time
    Memories of magical run still vivid for Denver's first NFL championship team

John Elway hits the turf on the so-called "helicopter play" during the third quarter of Super Bowl XXXII, a play that resulted in a key first down and showcased the Broncos' determination.

They are scattered across the country now, selling real estate, coaching Little League or flying airplanes.

A few parlayed their fame into television gigs, horror flicks and a possible run for Congress.

One player used it to serve God. And the quarterback once called a god is busier than ever, racing cars, selling steaks, coaching high school football and pitching Arena Football League games.

Ten years ago, this group of wildly divergent personalities came together in the perfect storm to provide Denver with its greatest sports accomplishment.

Along the way, there was spit, suspense, even a new Mile High Salute.

In its 38th season, the franchise known as much for its Super losses finally was a Super Bowl champ.

"It feels like I never played football before, that's how long ago it was," said John Elway, who now is quarterbacks coach for son Jack at Cherry Creek High School.

"Obviously, things go faster every year, but it's hard to believe it's been 10 years. It's harder for me to believe my kids are as old as they are rather than it being 10 years since that Super Bowl."

While the years have drifted by, the memories and mementos remain.
    Thanks DN , I will never forget the feeling of finally winning the big one.
    My house was the noisiest on the block.I would have loved to live in Denver then, but N.C. was my home since '92

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information