Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: If you played High School sports in CO....

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Just curious, as a manager for Cross Country, what did you do? I would think it would have been kind of boring.
    It would have been, but I loved the coach, and the people on the team. I'm just not much of a runner myself.

I kept track of the equipment, and runners' times... things like that. Did a lot of cheering, yelling, screaming, 'encouraging'... stuff like that.

Helped get together the meet that they held at our school. I guess it's turned into quite an event by now... it was new when I was there. Then again, EVERYTHING was new when I was there

Basketball and baseball at Overland High School in Aurora.

Played football at Valley and Roosevelt, coached football and wrestling at Wiley, Gilpin County, Bennett, and Highland.

Adopted Bronco:
    ME!

Wrestling and football at Brighton High School, 90-93. Wrestling Team State Champs 90, 91, and 93, took second in 92

Quote Originally Posted by BMF Bronco View Post
    Wrestling and football at Brighton High School, 90-93. Wrestling Team State Champs 90, 91, and 93, took second in 92
    Brighton still keeps up a sign at the south edge of town for those state champs. You guys were a machine back then. How'd you do individually? Ever take state or place?

Adopted Bronco:
    ME!

Quote Originally Posted by tripleoption View Post
    Brighton still keeps up a sign at the south edge of town for those state champs. You guys were a machine back then. How'd you do individually? Ever take state or place?
    Yeah, we were pretty good. I lettered my sophomore through senior years. I took fourth in State my senior year, lost in the quarters to the dude who eventually took first (TJ Zerr from Cherry Creek)by two and then lost my consolation match by one. What really sucks is I beat them both in freestyle the summer prior. Besides that, the highlight of my senior year was winning the Thompson Valley tournament at 154. But I cannot complain, as I was in a horrible jeep accident (three skull fractures among other horrid injuries including a severed ear and shattered forearm) at the end of my sophomore year and had to be pulled out of wrestling my junior year (yup came back and wrestled the very next year) after being knocked unconscious in wrestle-offs. I was more of a Greco-Roman expert though, took many tournaments during the summer as well as many freestyle tournaments as well. All in all I wrestled a total of 12 years and fared better than average. hahaha, I feel like Al Bundy after that spiel!
    Last edited by BMF Bronco; 05-21-2008 at 12:41 AM.

7. The Following User High Fived BMF Bronco For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information