Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Week 10 Power Rankings

Adopted Bronco:

Default Week 10 Power Rankings

32. St. Louis (1-8) – Came up just a little short

31. Detroit (1-8) – Never had a chance

30. Cleveland (1-8) – Someone tell the Browns that offense is part of the game too

29. Tampa Bay (1-8) – Josh Freeman still looked solid, but the Wildcat was too much

28. Washington (3-6) – Just when you write them off, they show life

27. Oakland (2-7) – BYE week

26. Kansas City (2-7) – When the o-line figures it out, they could be tough

25. Seattle (3-6) – Fell apart late and couldn’t hang with the AZ offense

24. Buffalo (3-6) – Has anyone seen TO lately?

23. NY Jets (4-5) – The wheels fell off this bus really fast

22. Jacksonville (5-4) – Looking better. May be a spoiler team down the stretch

21. Tennessee (3-6) – 3 in a row.

20. Carolina (4-5) – This is still a really good team…with a QB that is done

19. Chicago (4-5) – I’d be curious to see just how many Bears fans think Cutler is “The Answer” now.

18. San Francisco (4-5) – If not for defense, I don’t know how many games they’d win

17. Miami (4-5) – I don’t think any team makes the most out of limited talent.

16. Atlanta (5-4) – Not nearly as good as advertised

15. Green Bay (5-4) – My newest team with the biggest identity crisis

14. Houston (5-4) – BYE Week

13. NY Giants (5-4) – BYE Week

12. Baltimore (5-4) – No offense…against the Browns?

11. Philadelphia (5-4) – Too many changes to be a legit contender

10. Arizona (6-3) – Warner looking really good lately

9. Dallas (6-3) – The only thing better than watching Dallas lose is listening to the fans excuses

8. Denver (6-3) – Blowing a 3 game lead to San Diego…déjà vu?

7. San Diego (6-3) – Starting to look like they were advertised in the pre-season

6. Pittsburgh (6-3) – Really bad play-calling leads to another loss

5. New England (6-3) – The “guts” of Belichick create another close loss

4. New Orleans (9-0) – I just cant watch this team every week and still feel good about having them ranked this high

3. Cincinnati (7-2) – Hard to find any negatives when they play like this

2. Minnesota (8-1) – Has Favre ever had a better season?

1. Indianapolis (9-0) – Overcoming a ton of injuries and still finding ways to win big games

2. The Following 8 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

Great list!
    [

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived MHCBill For This Post:

Good analysis Coach. You nailed it.

Cincinnati isn't as good as New Orleans right now, but I think their style of play lends itself to the postseason better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Cincinnati isn't as good as New Orleans right now, but I think their style of play lends itself to the postseason better.
    You mean becuase they have a defense and the saints d is suspect?

9. The Following User High Fived Medford Bronco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    You mean becuase they have a defense and the saints d is suspect?
    Yeah, and because we aren't winning games on the back of flukey turnovers. I'm not dissing the Saints, it's just that offenses like the 98 Vikings, Manning lead Colts teams, Kansas City Chiefs, etc etc etc have all charged into the playoffs and been bounced out. It's like when the playoffs start the game changes. The cute stuff that you could do in the regular season doesn't work all that well and the game becomes a grinder. IDK, it just always felt different.

But I think New Orleans would whip our asses up and down the grid iron if we played next week.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Great list. You are spot on about New Orleans. I like them, but I have a feeling a physical team could bounce them easily.

I don't know who'll be more upset - Oakland for you having them on a Bye yet they still lost, or KC who beat a team that was on a Bye?

Not that either of them really matter anyway, just funny (at least to me).

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Solid list as usual.

Good job, i love these.

Who can argue about shytty teams.

But,

I personally would rank:

Jax- 18
    chi-19
    ten-20
    sfo-21
    car-22

But with teams playing unpredictable like this, its like arguing snow storms in denver. You never freaking know what the hell is going to happen.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    I don't know who'll be more upset - Oakland for you having them on a Bye yet they still lost, or KC who beat a team that was on a Bye?

Not that either of them really matter anyway, just funny (at least to me).
    I wondered if anyone would notice that. I just figure that when you lose to KC...you pretty much thought you had a bye week.

Adopted Bronco:

Yeah, and because we aren't winning games on the back of flukey turnovers. I'm not dissing the Saints, it's just that offenses like the 98 Vikings, Manning lead Colts teams, Kansas City Chiefs, etc etc etc have all charged into the playoffs and been bounced out. It's like when the playoffs start the game changes. The cute stuff that you could do in the regular season doesn't work all that well and the game becomes a grinder. IDK, it just always felt different.

But I think New Orleans would whip our asses up and down the grid iron if we played next week.
    That's where I disagree. NO has had quite a few "fluke" or "lucky" TD's this year. In games they barely win against teams like the Rams and Panthers, they are getting help from big defensive plays and ST plays caused by opponent errors. I don't see any team in the top 10 making some of those errors in addition to giving up 400 passing yards.

Cincy has been playing solid, mistake-free football. If they played the Saints...I'd pick Cincy

17. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    That's where I disagree. NO has had quite a few "fluke" or "lucky" TD's this year. In games they barely win against teams like the Rams and Panthers, they are getting help from big defensive plays and ST plays caused by opponent errors. I don't see any team in the top 10 making some of those errors in addition to giving up 400 passing yards.

Cincy has been playing solid, mistake-free football. If they played the Saints...I'd pick Cincy
    The Saints just present a lot of matchup problems for every team. For my team isn't not so much their WRs as much as it is their tight ends, fullbacks, and RBs. I wouldn't be too worried about them runnning the ball so much as the screens and intermediate passes, etc etc etc.

I don't think Palmer or our special teams are going to bail them out of the game, but they look like a team who plays to the level of their competition.

IDK, I would like to see them play in cold weather.

Adopted Bronco:

The Saints just present a lot of matchup problems for every team. For my team isn't not so much their WRs as much as it is their tight ends, fullbacks, and RBs. I wouldn't be too worried about them runnning the ball so much as the screens and intermediate passes, etc etc etc.

I don't think Palmer or our special teams are going to bail them out of the game, but they look like a team who plays to the level of their competition.

IDK, I would like to see them play in cold weather.
    Problem is...they dont have a cold weather game the rest of the season. Maybe Washington, but I think they can hadle that. The only competition they have left is a home game against the Pats and I think NE will expose them. After that, all they have is the Cowboys at home. The way things look...the only potential NFC playoff team in an outdoor cold climate is GB, but it wont matter much because they're schedule will probably leave them with home field advantage anyway. The only chance of someone bettering them is minnesota...and they are in a dome.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

San Diego ahead of Denver?
    In Elway We Trust

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information