Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2009-2010 College Basketball Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Default 2009-2010 College Basketball Thread

Start of the season, thought this thread ought to get going.

Go 'Zona...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

24-hour marathon on ESPN starting in 25 minutes.

Kinda crazy what they're doing.

Monmouth at St. Peter's (N.J.) start at 6 a.m. EST...that's just crazy. And then its Drexel at Niagara at 8 a.m. EST.

I think it's pretty cool, actually. Wish I could just sit and watch basketball for 24 hours, and crank up the coffee.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

24-hour schedule:

Midnight: Cal State Fullerton at UCLA
    2 a.m.: San Diego State at St. Mary's (Calif.)
    4 a.m.: Northern Colorado at Hawaii
    6 a.m.: Monmouth at St. Peter's (N.J.)
    8 a.m.: Drexel at Niagara
    10 a.m.: Clemson at Liberty
    Noon: Northeastern at Siena
    2 p.m.: Arkansas-Little Rock at Tulsa
    4 p.m.: Temple at Georgetown
    7 p.m.: Gonzaga vs. Michigan State
    9 p.m.: Kansas vs. Memphis

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

Rock Chalk Jayhawks. #1 in the nation, gonna beat that Memphis ass!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

well the Jayhawks played a sloppy sloppy game, but came away with a win. Memphis gave 'em a scare, but thankfully they pulled it out. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Adopted Bronco:

Anyone else jumping on the KU bandwagon? Always seems to be a few new fans every year

Go Bucks....
    All 5 starters have returned this year.....Hopefully another 20 + win season for Matta
    A tough schedule......and they play North Carolina Thursday night at Madison Square Garden.
    GO BUCKS!!!
    My 5 favorite teams:
    1.The Denver Broncos
    2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
    3.Any team that plays Michigan
    4.The Pittsburgh Pirates
    5.Oklahoma Lady Sooners Basketball Team

"Don't squander what you're given....make the most of precious time.....life's not only for the living...it's what you leave behind.....Brad Delp & Barry Goudreau

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Anyone else jumping on the KU bandwagon? Always seems to be a few new fans every year
    i've been a life long Kansas fan, grew up in that area.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Overtime View Post
    i've been a life long Kansas fan, grew up in that area.
    I wasnt necessarily calling you out. i was just curious.

But that makes me think. Before I went to TAMU, I was always a big Villanova basketball fan...mainly because that's where I'm from. So if TAMU has a bad season and 'Nova has a good one...do i get to be a 'Nova fan because that's where I'm from?

I ask because I have friends that are Texas fans...until they choke. Then they are Kansas fans or UCLA fans, etc...because that's where they were born and spent the first 6 weeks of their life.

11. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

On the fine line between genius & insanity...
    Adopted Bronco:
    Elvis D!

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

But that makes me think. Before I went to TAMU, I was always a big Villanova basketball fan...mainly because that's where I'm from. So if TAMU has a bad season and 'Nova has a good one...do i get to be a 'Nova fan because that's where I'm from?

I ask because I have friends that are Texas fans...until they choke. Then they are Kansas fans or UCLA fans, etc...because that's where they were born and spent the first 6 weeks of their life.
    I'm a terrible College fan. I always just say that I'm a fan of any of the old Big Eight schools. I find myself rooting for just about any of them at some point during the year.

Of course, I went to college at a Div II school, so I just don't have great loyalties anywhere.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I'm a terrible College fan. I always just say that I'm a fan of any of the old Big Eight schools. I find myself rooting for just about any of them at some point during the year.

Of course, I went to college at a Div II school, so I just don't have great loyalties anywhere.
    Sometimes it's better to have a D2 school than a D1 school that sucks at every sport.

Although A&M did win the National Championship in Golf and Track & Field this year and the womens soccer team is in the Sweet 16 of the NCAA tournament. WOOHOO!!!!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Wake me when it gets to March. Up until the conference tournaments, nothing important happens in basketball. With a 64-team field, anyone who's any good goes to the dance. The regular season is not worth my time.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

16. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

im a fan win or lose. i lived there for 26 years, my loyalties run strong. hell the first 2 years Bill Self was at Kansas I vocally wanted his ass fired for the embarrasing failures, but I promptly shut my hole when we beat Memphis in the NC Game 2 years ago. He proved me wrong, but I was still a fan when we lost to Bucknell and Bradley, albeit extremely disgruntled.

but I don't like bandwagon fans either, and it seems North Carolina, Duke, Kansas, Michigan St, all seem to attract a lot of bandwagon fans. I can't stand North Carolina, and I despise Roy Williams.

Well....Carolina is beating my buckeyes....pretty badly.....although both teams are playing sloppy basketball.
    I still look for Matta and the buckeyes to have a great season though..

GO BUCKS!!!
    My 5 favorite teams:
    1.The Denver Broncos
    2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
    3.Any team that plays Michigan
    4.The Pittsburgh Pirates
    5.Oklahoma Lady Sooners Basketball Team

"Don't squander what you're given....make the most of precious time.....life's not only for the living...it's what you leave behind.....Brad Delp & Barry Goudreau

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information