Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Movie Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Nun: You don't believe in God because of Alice in Wonderland?
    Loki: No, "Through the Looking Glass". That poem, "The Walrus and the Carpenter" that's an indictment of organized religion. The walrus, with his girth and his good nature, he obviously represents either Buddha, or... or with his tusk, the Hindu elephant god, Lord Ganesha. That takes care of your Eastern religions. Now the carpenter, which is an obvious reference to Jesus Christ, who was raised a carpenter's son, he represents the Western religions. Now in the poem, what do they do... what do they do? They... They dupe all these oysters into following them and then proceed to shuck and devour the helpless creatures en masse. I don't know what that says to you, but to me it says that following these faiths based on mythological figures ensure the destruction of one's inner-being. Organized religion destroys who we are by inhibiting our actions... by inhibiting our decisions, out of... out of fear of some... some intangible parent figure who... who shakes a finger at us from thousands of years ago and says... and says, "Do it - Do it and I'll ******' spank you. "

And then a few seconds later:
    Bartleby: You know, here's what I don't get about you. You know for a fact that there is a God. You have been in his presence. He's spoken to you personally, and yet I just heard you claim to be an atheist.
    Loki: I just like to **** with the clergy, man. I just love it. I just love to keep those guys on their toes.
    I'm thinking Dogma?

"I'm telling you Lane, practically everybody in the state of Northern California is around this particular mountain, waiting to see one Lane Myer, tackle this totally untamed slope--dead or alive!"

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Broncolingus View Post
    I'm thinking Dogma?

"I'm telling you Lane, practically everybody in the state of Northern California is around this particular mountain, waiting to see one Lane Myer, tackle this totally untamed slope--dead or alive!"
    Yes, and another classic.

Bethany: You were martyred?
    Rufus: That's one way of putting it. Another way of putting it would be to say that I was bludgeoned to death by huge ******* rocks.

and...

Bethany: What exactly brought you to Illinois?
    Jay: Some **** named John Hughes.
    Bethany: "Sixteen Candles" John Hughes?
    Jay: You know that guy, too? See, all these movies take place in a small town called Shermer, in Illinois, where all the honies are top-shelf, but all the dudes are whiny pussies - except for Judd Nelson, he was ******' harsh - but best of all, there was no one dealin', man; then, it hits me: we could live like phat rats if we were the blunt connection in Shermer, Illinois. So we collected some money we were owed, and we caught a bus. You know what the **** we found out when we got there? There is no Shermer in Illinois. Movies are ******' bull****.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Jay and Silent Bob make for classic quotes

Snoochy Boochy!
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Forrest Gump ...
    Jenny Curran ~ Have you ever been with a girl, Forrest?

Forrest Gump ~ I sit next to them in my Home Economics class all the time.

5. The Following User High Fived Skinny For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DallasChief View Post
    Little Bill Daggett: Well, sir, you are a cowardly son of a *****! You just shot an unarmed man!
    Will Munny: Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend.
    love that movie......

The line before that right before Eastwood shoots him..."Who owns this ****hole?"

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Gord Brody: You can't have complaints there's not enough cheese in the cheese sandwiches. I mean, if there's no cheese in a cheese sandwich, that's basically just two slices of bread, and if word of that were to get out, well, I could lose my job! I could lose all of this! And we wouldn't want that, would we? Would we?! WOULD WE! HUH?!
    Customer: What the **** am I gonna do with that?
    Gord Brody: Well, you could stick it in your bum-bum.

From "freddy got fingered".

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie, and she's Ben Kenobi, and we're in that ****ed-up bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Heineken?

%&*$ that $%^&!!! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!!

Another from same movie:

Frank Booth: Hey you wanna go for a ride?
    Jeffrey Beaumont: No thanks.
    Frank Booth: No thanks? What does that mean?
    Jeffrey Beaumont: I don't wanna go.
    Frank Booth: Go where?
    Jeffrey Beaumont: For a ride.
    Frank Booth: A ride! Now that's a good idea!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

"What do you want John?"

"*Snarl* I want what every other man who came here and spilled his guts wants.. *Snarl again* For our country to love us, as much as we love it"

John Rambo - First Blood part 2 (Rambo 2)

"I must brake you!"

"Go For'it"

Ivan Drago & Rocky Balboa - Rocky 4

"Do one thing for me..(leans a little closer) WIN!"

"Well whata we waited foe"

Adrian Balboa & Mickey - Rocky 2

"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pail moon light?"

The Joker - Batman

Asked at what point would it be in the best interest of the team to trade Cutler, McDaniels answered: "Never." Nice to see your a man of your word Josh

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

V: Good evening, London. Allow me first to apologize for this interruption. I do, like many of you, appreciate the comforts of every day routine- the security of the familiar, the tranquility of repetition. I enjoy them as much as any bloke. But in the spirit of commemoration, thereby those important events of the past usually associated with someone's death or the end of some awful bloody struggle, a celebration of a nice holiday, I thought we could mark this November the 5th, a day that is sadly no longer remembered, by taking some time out of our daily lives to sit down and have a little chat. There are of course those who do not want us to speak. I suspect even now, orders are being shouted into telephones, and men with guns will soon be on their way. Why? Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor, Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent. Last night I sought to end that silence. Last night I destroyed the Old Bailey, to remind this country of what it has forgotten. More than four hundred years ago a great citizen wished to embed the fifth of November forever in our memory. His hope was to remind the world that fairness, justice, and freedom are more than words, they are perspectives. So if you've seen nothing, if the crimes of this government remain unknown to you then I would suggest you allow the fifth of November to pass unmarked. But if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek, then I ask you to stand beside me one year from tonight, outside the gates of Parliament, and together we shall give them a fifth of November that shall never, ever be forgot.

Andy Dufresne: Get busy living, or get busy dying.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

How about a holidays classic? A Christmas Story:

Ralphie: Oooh fuuudge!
    Ralphie as Adult: [narrating] Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word!
    Mr. Parker: [stunned] *What* did you say?
    Ralphie: Uh, um...
    Mr. Parker: That's... what I thought you said. Get in the car. Go on!
    Ralphie as Adult: [narrating] It was all over - I was dead. What would it be? The guillotine? Hanging? The chair? The rack? The Chinese water torture? Hmmph. Mere child's play compared to what surely awaited me.
    ----------------------
    Mother: All right. Now, are you ready to tell me where you heard that word?
    Ralphie as Adult: [narrating] Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master. But, I chickened out and said the first name that came to mind.
    --------------------
    Mr. Parker: Fra-gee-lay. That must be Italian.
    Mrs. Parker: Uh, I think that says FRAGILE, dear.
    Mr. Parker: Oh, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

15. The Following User High Fived Broncospsycho77 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Last edited by dogfish; 01-23-2008 at 11:16 PM.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

17. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

"what would i do if i had a million dollars? i'll tell ya, man. two chicks at the same time."

"i'll make him an offer he can't refuse"
    Last edited by dogfish; 01-23-2008 at 11:16 PM.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

19. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    "what would i do if i had a million dollars? i'll tell ya, man. two chicks at the same time."

"i'll make him an offer he can't refuse"
    "Chicks that would double up on a dude like me do."
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

21. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Vince Vaughn- The Breakup - Fate has me highly skilled and loaded with talent. From when he's demoloshing some 12 year old kid on Madden.

23. The Following User High Fived Italianmobstr7 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information