Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th and 2....WORST PLAY EVER!

On the fine line between genius & insanity...
    Adopted Bronco:
    Elvis D!

Fair and balanced I go.....

First, Med....all my best, dear. Keep your head up.

Second, where I think it's great that we snapped out of it like that, it should have NEVER gotten to that point to begin with. WE WERE LUCKY. We had a call in our favor with that reception NOT being a 1st down in the 4th.

There are some issues that need to be addressed in Indy. We've got NO run game. I'm shocked that we got off the runs we did. Where has that been all season? The D looked rough. 2nd string needs hard core work. Rooks are rooks, but I think we could have done better than that. We have nothing going on to cover guys like Moss.

Dallas Clark was covered all day long & a lot of pressure was put on Wayne & Garcon to show. Thank goodness for them. We need more chain-moving options. Mix it up. We have the tools, why aren't we doing it?

I'm glad the "go for it" backfired, but it should have never gotten to that point.
    We have too many games on the line, we've had a light season and this nail biter crap will cost us in the end.

I'm happy to have gotten this win & these guys got it shoved back into their faces.

I do not like nail biter games....not with this team.

Ray Lewis has a way to get the Ravens psyched. They are hungry for us & if we don't pull it together, Peyton's stats & this easy season won't mean a damn come play-offs.

Lost too many play off games cuz of this kind of mess.

Nope, not buying it. Love my team, but I'm also a realist & know that
    we've had it very easy this season.

There...I said it.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dr Velcro For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    TERRIBLE call.. absolutely terrible. Coaches should NOT be making calls like that. Belicheck did the SAME thing in the Super Bowl.. in which they LOST. Going for it on your side of the field..... dumb. Dumb. Dumb call by a brilliant coach.
    I agree with the call though. I'm the type of guy who enjoys gambles. If they punted they would have gave the Colts plenty of time left to go down the field and score anyways. You know the Colts can score at will. And if you get the 1st down, then the Colts have ZERO chance to come back and win pretty much since you'll just take a knee. I'd rather give the Colts 30 yards to score then 70 and would've hoped they scored with like a minute left or something so then the Pats could've had time to get a FG. So its a risk but I agree with it. If they were up by 2, then I wouldn't have agreed with it. But it is what it is. I'm just glad it wasn't the Broncos and McDaniels who did that or else this whole forum would want him fired ( Not just half of the forum)

And Bill went for it in the SB but it was in Giants territory I thought? .. It was too long to kick a FG, and too short to punt I believe. And it was like 4th and 10 or something and they went for it.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

Med, sorry to hear that, its tough, I've been doing the same, footballs been my therapy though

Doc V, I will agree that we are running (LOL) on luck, and granted, I would have loved it if we had a shoot-out esque game

Manning could have lost that game, those two picks were insane and boneheaded, I agree

I wouldn't say that we DON'T have a running game, we've ripped off a few long ones this season, however, the RG carousel between Pollack and DeVan does not help our cause

the Pats have the best defense against the tight end, but Dallas still had a few big gains

both Collie and Garcon hit the wall last night, Bodden and Garcon was having one hell of a dogfight, but drops are drops too

defensively, we weren't getting gashed on the ground, admit it, and we were getting pressure

obviously, our weakness is our secondary, but you must give credit to Powers, fo what it's worth he's been playing like a vet this year, he has lined up with the best this year, he bottled up Welker for the most part and I knew Moss was going to be Moss so I wasn't too surprised, but remember this, before the 4th and 2 play, had Powers held onto the ball, we wouldn't have this discussion, and it would probably be for the worse

Belichick was bold, yes, but bold doesn't mean smart all the time

there's still a lot of football, we can shake the cobwebs out

as for Baltimore, i'm not real worried, Ngata is not in full health and the Raven's offense does not scare me

I'm a realist too, but we still have a great QB under center and plenty of games to come

i'm calm
    new boss....possibly better than old boss

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Gamechanger For This Post:

On the fine line between genius & insanity...
    Adopted Bronco:
    Elvis D!

Dude, I'm calm too.

I know we're going to play offs.

Our D looks better than it's looked in a long time. Meeks is gone!

This was a lucky win. This next game will be THE test on our offense.
    After this next one, my panties won't be in such a bind.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dr Velcro For This Post:

"i'd rather have an ugly win than a pretty loss any day"- Reggie Wayne

and i'm not overlooking the Ravens, but i'd say Houston will be a bigger test

9. The Following User High Fived Gamechanger For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Overtime View Post
    Brady is still > Manning.

3 Super Bowl Rings to Mannings 1.

/end thread.

**** Manning, **** the Colts.
    That is such a super lame argument it's not even funny. I guess Trent Dilfer was also a better QB than Dan Marino. As far as pure QB play is concerned, I have never seen a better one than Manning, and it's really not even close.

11. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    That is such a super lame argument it's not even funny. I guess Trent Dilfer was also a better QB than Dan Marino. As far as pure QB play is concerned, I have never seen a better one than Manning, and it's really not even close.
    The only one to me is Joe Montana.

Good argument though.

and if they think Doug Williams is better than Jim Kelley
    or Mark Rypen is better than Mario LMAO

13. The Following User High Fived Medford Bronco For This Post:

KCL

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post

Good argument though.

Jim Kelley...poor guy...

15. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

I love all the Brady haters in here, but i'm not gonna waste my time continuing to argue.

Brady is a better QB than Peyton Manning is. Brady is one of the best clutch QB's to ever play the game, and to say Brady is a cheater is ridiculous. Brady plays QB, he doesn't operate video cameras. Belichick got caught having one of his guys taping, and Belichick paid the price, and it's over and done with.

Peyton Manning is just absolutely overrated, he couldn't even beat the Sparklers last year in the playoffs....how pathetic was that?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Good argument though.

I never saw Montana play but from what I've read about Bill Walsh he turned just about every QB he coached into a star, and Montana was surrounded by talent so it's hard for me to determine if he was really as good as many people say he was.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

I love all the Brady haters in here, but i'm not gonna waste my time continuing to argue.

Brady is a better QB than Peyton Manning is. Brady is one of the best clutch QB's to ever play the game, and to say Brady is a cheater is ridiculous. Brady plays QB, he doesn't operate video cameras. Belichick got caught having one of his guys taping, and Belichick paid the price, and it's over and done with.
    never seen Brady lead THREE 4th Qtr. comebacks of 17+ points

Peyton Manning is just absolutely overrated, he couldn't even beat the Sparklers last year in the playoffs....how pathetic was that?
    but you guys laid an egg en route to the playoffs AGAINST those Sparkler's

how pathetic is that?

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Gamechanger For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

It has nothing to do with hate. You are only calling the people who disagree with you "haters" because you can't come up with anything relevant to say.

And your theory is false because I hate Manning way more than I do Brady, but looking at it objectively (which you can't seem to do) Manning is a far superior QB. If you go back to 01 and trade Brady for Manning, I guarantee you he wins more Super Bowls.

Winning a Super Bowl has to do with SO MUCH more than with who is a better QB it's not even funny. You also have to factor in your defense (advantage pats), how good your coaching is (advantage pats), and who you get matched up against in the playoffs (push). To base your whole argument on playoff record and Super Bowl wins is ridiculous at best.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    I never saw Montana play but from what I've read about Bill Walsh he turned just about every QB he coached into a star, and Montana was surrounded by talent so it's hard for me to determine if he was really as good as many people say he was.
    I hear you but he had 11 tds and 0 picks in Super Bowls.

This guy never choked ever in SF.
    I am far from a fan as well. 1990 Super Bowl is a sore spot with me.
    Last edited by Medford Bronco; 11-17-2009 at 02:26 PM.

24. The Following User High Fived Medford Bronco For This Post:

KCL

I hear you but he had 11 tds and 0 picks in Super Bowls.

This guy never choked ever in SF.
    I am far from a far as well. 1990 Super Bowl is a sore spot with me.
    Plus he came to KC and was able to take the Chiefs to the AFCCG...even though we didn't win...no QB has been a leader since..well maybe with the exception of Trent Green.

I loved having him as a Chief...that was very exciting....we haven't been back to that
    game since the Montana days!

26. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

I am not a Brady or a Manning hater...would love to have either one be
    the QB for Kansas City.

28. The Following 2 Users High Fived KCL For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information