Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Favorite Guitarist of the 00's

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

Dimebag

R.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Without a doubt.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    Tom Morello of Audioslave and Rage Against the Machine...

Yes.

Tim Reynolds

Trey Anastasio

Warren Haynes
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Andra Davis

Gary Rossington
    I knew a man a long long time but I never knew him at all. Small in stature, big at heart but he always stood tall. In my mind he could do no wrong misunderstood all along. He worked hard all his live to get what he had. He was a little rough around the edges simple in mind but always had a kind eye for me. I will miss you Dad.

Gem's Yardog.

Russell Lissack of Bloc Party

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

And here's pics and vids for anyone who really has the time to listen to cool guitar solos.

Derek Trucks - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vuadh1o0yC8

Probably the best slide player since Duane Allman.

John Mayer - http://youtube.com/watch?v=NB2aLz5YSDo

He's underrated by the people who think he's just some pop artist who can't play worth a shiz. He's really come along as a great blues player.

Jack White - http://youtube.com/watch?v=QyVDdIgmfwk
    He's raw and his songwriting incorporating great riffs is mostly what I love about him.

But as for guitarists of all time, that'd be a different story.

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post

John Mayer - http://youtube.com/watch?v=NB2aLz5YSDo

He's underrated by the people who think he's just some pop artist who can't play worth a shiz. He's really come along as a great blues player.

But as for guitarists of all time, that'd be a different story.
    I have a friend that goes to Drake University in Des Moines, and she was talking to one of her good friends one day. He turned on some Jon Mayer music and she blurted something out like... "God turn it off! I hate Jon Mayer!" Next thing he said was "Don't disrespect my family yo!" He showed her all of these pictures of them together like when he was in tee ball and stuff. Turns out, her friend was Jon Mayer's nephew. I always think that's kinda crazy. Sorry off topic. Proceed!

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The dude is an incredible musician. His voice is odd, but that has made so many stars. He's an incredible, as well as classically trained musician.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Yeah I hate it when people disrespect him because of his most popular stuff being the kind of music the people at my school would call "gay" for being soft and what not.

There's a group of people who think they are hardcore and listen to Atreyu and Metallica and stuff and hate everything that isn't metal (they say Slipknot is metal) because they're close minded idiots. If I told them I liked John Mayer's music they'd have a fun time calling me gay and i'm like what?

But anyways, the point is he's better than most people think.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Yeah I hate it when people disrespect him because of his most popular stuff being the kind of music the people at my school would call "gay" for being soft and what not.

There's a group of people who think they are hardcore and listen to Atreyu and Metallica and stuff and hate everything that isn't metal (they say Slipknot is metal) because they're close minded idiots. If I told them I liked John Mayer's music they'd have a fun time calling me gay and i'm like what?

If you play the instrument, as I do, and you look at his music, you would say, "whoa, good lord, this dude is a stud." Not only did he PLAY that music, he WROTE that music.

Dude is an incredible musician and an incredible guitar player.

11. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    If you play the instrument, as I do, and you look at his music, you would say, "whoa, good lord, this dude is a stud." Not only did he PLAY that music, he WROTE that music.

Dude is an incredible musician and an incredible guitar player.

Amen. No use trying to tell a closed minded person that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Tell those "hardcore"(more like "fashioncore") guys aren't in it for the music, they are in it for the style, when the next dying trend comes along they will jump all over it.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    Tell those "hardcore"(more like "fashioncore") guys aren't in it for the music, they are in it for the style, when the next dying trend comes along they will jump all over it.

They're not really trendy though (other than those overrated hurley volcom stuff) but just really closed minded lol.

Myself, I've really turned it on at the turn of the century.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information