Thread: Marion Jones sentencing

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Default Marion Jones sentencing

So I know what she did was wrong but on the same day this woman is sentenced to prison for lying - OJ gets locked up FINALLY but for bail issues

To me thats not right - im so shocked the judge gave her 6 mths - they are just using her as an example

1, In my line of work ive seen a lot worse people do a lot worse things and get comm svc etc

2, EVERY and i mean EVERY damn sports player who tested positive for steroids and lied needs to go to jail too

Hell every pro player who ever lied about something important should go to jail - I know the Bengals and raiders oh and chargers would cease to exist - aww hell every sport would go in the toliet

I call BS!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

I haven't followed the entire case, but didn't she lie in the court of law, making it perjury? It may seem just like a simple thing, a little white lie, but she broke the law plain and simple. She had the power to not be in this position but she opted to try to save her skin. And OJ should be locked away for much longer, agreed, but just because one person gets away with something doesn't mean we should discount someone else's wrong doings. IMO the sentencing in this case was spot on. Now if every other case could be handled as justifiably as this one, we wouldn't have as much to complain about.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

Perjury needs to carry severe penalities, so that people take testifying under oath seriously.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

I guess cause i know that EVERYONE lies under oath - everyone i have ever seen has lied

But millions of americans smoke pot - but if i got caught that wouldnt help me

I just thought it was harsh and hard not to compare with OJ when they are happening simultaneously
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Don't get me wrong, she's too darn cute to get thrown in jail. That would be like sending that debra lafavre school marm chick to jail, it just isn't right. I was hoping she would get off with probation or something.

6. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Wait, she lied, and got 6 months, but Paris Hilton only gets a few days for driving drunk AND without a license?

So it's better to be a drunk unlicensed driver than a liar?
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Kapaibro For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro View Post
    Wait, she lied, and got 6 months, but Paris Hilton only gets a few days for driving drunk AND without a license?

So it's better to be a drunk unlicensed driver than a liar?
    To a degree, yes. People need extreme fear about lieing under oath, because our legal system (civil and criminal) counts on people telling the truth under oath. People witnessed our former (current when it happened) president being allowed to lie under oath, and only get a 250k fine, but the fear of lieing under oath needs to be reestablished.

Adopted Bronco:
    Matt Prater | Place Kicker

I agree with Tned. I think that if you lie to take the chance that someone out there can prove you lied. I am not sure that being sentenced to 6 months was just.. but certainly something should be given to deter it!! Liars can get innocent people thrown in jail or cause them to lose their case. That is not fair either!

Quote Originally Posted by schnooks1 View Post
    I agree with Tned. I think that if you lie to take the chance that someone out there can prove you lied. I am not sure that being sentenced to 6 months was just.. but certainly something should be given to deter it!! Liars can get innocent people thrown in jail or cause them to lose their case. That is not fair either!
    Exactly. I 'feel' that Jones get getting 6 months in jail was severe, however intelecutaly I understand how important it is to make people fear lieing under oath.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information