Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Dragon Age: Origins

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I just finished it, logged in about 46 hours. I didn't do all the side quests, but I did enough.

This is one of the best RPGs I ever payed. It even improved on Mass Effect though I wish it did a few things that ME did.

My few gripes are eclipsed by the epic scale, visuals, story, memorable characters... The list goes on and on.

This has to be the RPG of the year.

IMO Bioware is #1 in RPGs now. Period.

I'm sure ME2 will build on a lot of things and the engines are similar.

I am thinking of not trading this in and holding onto it. I usually dont replay RPGs again, but this will be worth it.

Now I can't wait for ME2 in January.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Love this game so far, taking it slowly - I'm in Redcliffe right now. My guy's a human rogue. I was laughing quite a lot at the end of the first sequence though because there's no way my guy was his parents' child (I called him Phineas too, good times):

3. The Following User High Fived muse For This Post:

Finally got around to play this. About 20 hours in. Love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

I restarted the whole damn thing...lol. And I just bought Awakenings...I wish they had more DLC too. One of the better RPG's out there along with Mass Effect, Fallout 3, Fable 2 and Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Mass Effect 2 should be sweet. I am still pissed that LucasArts is not doing a Knights of the old Republic for the 360, George Lucas should be slapped for that!

I am looking forward to Fallout New Vegas and Fable 3, but there is a whole load of RPG's getting ready to be released on the 360, so a good year for those of us into the genre. By the way, heard that the Dragon Age's sequal is in the early stages of being written.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    I restarted the whole damn thing...lol. And I just bought Awakenings...I wish they had more DLC too. One of the better RPG's out there along with Mass Effect, Fallout 3, Fable 2 and Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, Mass Effect 2 should be sweet. I am still pissed that LucasArts is not doing a Knights of the old Republic for the 360, George Lucas should be slapped for that!

I am looking forward to Fallout New Vegas and Fable 3, but there is a whole load of RPG's getting ready to be released on the 360, so a good year for those of us into the genre. By the way, heard that the Dragon Age's sequal is in the early stages of being written.
    They are doing an Online Star Wars "Old Republic".. they aren't going to take away from their MMOG for some 360 game.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    They are doing an Online Star Wars "Old Republic".. they aren't going to take away from their MMOG for some 360 game.
    I know that, but LucasArts already knows that they are set to lose millions, even the PC fans of the game are none too happy that they took the franchise in that direction. Oh well, as long as others keep producing high quality RPG's I am all good.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

As far as I know and talked to Star Wars fans and KOTOR vets, none are very happy about the series going MMORPG. There is still hope.

9. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    As far as I know and talked to Star Wars fans and KOTOR vets, none are very happy about the series going MMORPG. There is still hope.
    The sad thing is that George Lucas was once called a man of the fans, he created one of the largest sci-fi pop cultures rivaled only by Star Trek, though Trekkies never had the base in media as the Star Wars fanatics; books, comics, video games, toys and so on. But a lot of those same said fans believed he did sell them out with turning KOTOR to an MMORPG, me amongst them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    The sad thing is that George Lucas was once called a man of the fans, he created one of the largest sci-fi pop cultures rivaled only by Star Trek, though Trekkies never had the base in media as the Star Wars fanatics; books, comics, video games, toys and so on. But a lot of those same said fans believed he did sell them out with turning KOTOR to an MMORPG, me amongst them.
    Lucas has little to no say (or concern) about what games are made for what genre. His main focus from what I've read is keeping the canon of the story straight, he lets the developers and PR guys do the other decisions.

12. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Until there is absolutely NO DOUBT that KOTORIII is an MMORPG, I still hold the hope that Lucasarts knows to keep to the formula. Single player epics, no MMO shit.

14. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

From everyting I've read... KOTOR isn't going to be a MMORG..... no way. The developers bragged about having over 200 hours of game play. How much is that for a MMORG player? Not much.

The good thing... is that Bioware is behind it. At least we may get a fantastic role-play game.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information