Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Age: Origins

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

I been waiting for this game for a long time, is it worth it?
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    I been waiting for this game for a long time, is it worth it?
    If you like RPGs...

YES.

It's basically a medievel Mass Effect or KOTOR if you ever played a recent Bioware RPG.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

3. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    If you like RPGs...

YES.

It's basically a medievel Mass Effect or KOTOR if you ever played a recent Bioware RPG.
    thanks. I loved Baldur's Gate and NWN so I will pick this up tomorrow.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Isn't doing a Power leveling typ thing... basically 'cheating' anyway?

btw.. wahts the tip on beating the first big Troll in the tower to light the flame?
    Power leveling is what they want you to do. I tried this out last night and got to the Level cap of 25 before I left the first camp. I think the enemies level with you or something because some of them still give me fits.

I had no problem with the troll. I was a warrior playing on medium. Try setting your tactics on your other players to a less aggressive posture or more ranged attacks. It depends on what your character is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

Got this for the PC the day it came out.

Been playing on "Hard" and it is a very enjoyable challenge. Will probably do Nightmare on the second playthrough. The battles, and overall game, have a really great 'epic' feel to them. And the storylines and locales are just fantastic. Judging by the save timer, I'm nearing 40-hours of playing time already and I don't think I'm anywhere close to the end; I haven't even gone to the Dwarven areas yet.

I'm not sure how it is on consoles, but on PC they have a nifty site that uploads all your chars. I spammed quite a few with the Character Creator >_>

http://social.bioware.com/playerprof...nid=2298476393

Here's the character I'm playing. It doesn't update all the time as I think I'm level-14 at this point. If anyone is wondering why a mage is wearing armor it's because I took Arcane Warrior which lets you do that stuff; the trade off being spells are way more expensive to cast. It's great utility as I can switch in an out of the roles depending on what my party make-up is. I also got a Arcane Warrior-specific weapon recently which is pretty cool. He is the hardest hitting member of the group unless I take Sten who can hit like a truck at times.

BTW, my party make-up is usually Morrigan, Leliana and Alistair; the most interesting characters thus far, IMO. Earlier I had to take Wynne for some pretty difficult battles that I don't think could have been completed otherwise. Namely, a battle with a dragon. I had to drop all sense of melee combat with the dragon I fought as it just goes into karate-mode and thoroughly kicks the ass of anyone hacking away at its feet. Except Alistair, who gets to eat shit hard for 10-minutes while my two healers spam their heals.
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

So I'm only a few hours out from the end of the game. Final battle with darkspawn tonight (after my girlfriend leaves). I think my next character will be a dalish eleven archer. Ill give my best review of the game tonight after I beat it. I really hope you can continue the. Game after the finale because there's still a lot I want to do, but I can't put off the ending any longer

SHORYUKEN!

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

Game finished with about 35 hours of gameplay. It was beautifully done, and honestly have not enjoyed a game that much in quite some time. In my opinion, the ending was well worth the wait. Also, I've never played a game where the decisions you make have such a large implication on the outcome of the game, and how your party members feel about you. On my second playthrough, I'm not sure whether I will play a Mage or an archer, nor do I know who my love interest will be or if I will make decisions resembling the ones I've already made. What I do know though is, that I will play for seventy hours or more on my second time around to try to turn every stone, progress every character(I.e. party member specific quests), and do every side quest. You know why? Because the game was THAT friggin enjoyable. It was THAT rewarding, and it is far and away my favorite game since the epic final fantasies, and ocarina of time. This is a must play.

SHORYUKEN!

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Zweems56 For This Post:

Thanks for the reviews guys. I know I'm going to get game, but the question is when. I'd prefer to get it on PC (instead of 360), but my current computer is 5.5 years old. I'll be building one in the next 6 months, but that's still up to 6 months away.

Can't wait for Mass Effect 2 as well.
    "You do not mess with Pat Bowlen, and you definitely do not ignore him''

Link to quote

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Zweems56 View Post
    Game finished with about 35 hours of gameplay. It was beautifully done, and honestly have not enjoyed a game that much in quite some time. In my opinion, the ending was well worth the wait. Also, I've never played a game where the decisions you make have such a large implication on the outcome of the game, and how your party members feel about you. On my second playthrough, I'm not sure whether I will play a Mage or an archer, nor do I know who my love interest will be or if I will make decisions resembling the ones I've already made. What I do know though is, that I will play for seventy hours or more on my second time around to try to turn every stone, progress every character(I.e. party member specific quests), and do every side quest. You know why? Because the game was THAT friggin enjoyable. It was THAT rewarding, and it is far and away my favorite game since the epic final fantasies, and ocarina of time. This is a must play.
    I agree. I am just starting the Dwarven underground but I plan to go through this again. My only complaint is the clunky inventory management system. Otherwise, I will definitely play this again and scour the countryside for all the quests and treasures!

12. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I agree. I am just starting the Dwarven underground but I plan to go through this again. My only complaint is the clunky inventory management system. Otherwise, I will definitely play this again and scour the countryside for all the quests and treasures!
    Money Help: Save at least 40 gold before you go to the final boss. You get a chance to buy potions, and I would wholeheartedly suggest taking up the offer. I didn't use anywhere near how many I had, but I bought 80 gold worth of the best poultices, and lyrium potions (lyrium are really friggin expensive) and it was totally worth it. I didn't pay attention to my healer for about 3 seconds, and she got overwhelmed. I was chugging pots like they were candy.

SHORYUKEN!

14. The Following User High Fived Zweems56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

My only complaint is the clunky inventory management system.
    It was a slight improvement over Mass Effect. THAT was terrible!
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

Dayum. Good, epic game. You run into a lot of serious, impact heavy decisions toward the end. Ended up beating the rest of the game on "Nightmare" since Wynne makes the game easy-mode. I think my Arcane Warrior was level-20 by the finale. Had every single worthwhile buff possible and was wearing some heavy armor. Suffice it to say, he was very hard to kill.

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

Quote Originally Posted by NameUsedBefore View Post
    Dayum. Good, epic game. You run into a lot of serious, impact heavy decisions toward the end. Ended up beating the rest of the game on "Nightmare" since Wynne makes the game easy-mode. I think my Arcane Warrior was level-20 by the finale. Had every single worthwhile buff possible and was wearing some heavy armor. Suffice it to say, he was very hard to kill.
    My second character through went Arcane Warrior. Did you play console or PC. I've heard that the battles were significantly easier and less strategic on the console versions. Apparently they dumbed them down because controlling the characters on the consoles was designed worse than it was on the pc (obviously), and in the process made the game way too easy on the consoles.

Also, I know what you mean about Wynne. I went Redcliffe, Dwarves, Elves, and then Wynne. I had no idea where you got wynne, and some of the fights in the undergrounds were BRUTAL without a healer. I was pausing to pop potions more often than I was pausing to queue up spells. The game was significantly easier with wynne (except on the last boss of course, where Wynne got hosed about 13 seconds in.)

SHORYUKEN!

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

PC. For the most of the game I played basically pausing after every single action because my guys would start dropping like flies if I just let things run for more than three seconds. Once I had Wynne, and once I had everyone developed, I had things pretty much on auto-run.

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

Quote Originally Posted by NameUsedBefore View Post
    PC. For the most of the game I played basically pausing after every single action because my guys would start dropping like flies if I just let things run for more than three seconds. Once I had Wynne, and once I had everyone developed, I had things pretty much on auto-run.
    Yep. Sounds about like what I had to do too before Ig ot wynne

SHORYUKEN!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information