Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Week 8 Power Rankings

Adopted Bronco:

Default Week 8 Power Rankings

32. Tampa Bay (0-7) – Gotta drop below STL until they win a game

31. St. Louis (1-7) – Finally got that GREAT rookie head coach a win. You know…the one Denver would have been better off with

30. Washington (2-5) – BYE week

29. Detroit (1-6) – I guess if you are going to end a long losing streak, you ought to help someone else do the same

28. Cleveland (1-7) – Still no offense. Almost feel bad for the GREAT Ohio fans

27. Kansas City (1-6) – BYE week

26. Oakland (2-6) – What can I say that would make them look as bad as they are?

25. Seattle (2-5) – Injuries are killing them…again

24. Tennessee (1-6) – I knew they had it in them!!

23. Carolina (3-4) – Defense had to win a game. God knows Delhomme cant

22. Buffalo (3-5) – Held on for a little while…then the wheels fell off

21. NY Jets (4-4) – Just cant seem to figure out Miami

20. Jacksonville (3-4) – I cant even begin to figure this team out

19. San Francisco (3-4) – Played hard but couldn’t hang on. Still no threats on offense

18. Miami (3-4) – If only they could play the Jets every week.

17. Chicago (4-3) – Walked over an easy opponent…but Cutler threw another INT

16. Arizona (4-3) – Warner starting to show his age?

15. Atlanta (4-3) – Cant seem to beat a team with a winning record

14. Green Bay (4-3) – At least they don’t have to play Favre anymore this year

13. San Diego (4-3) – Yet another easy win for a mediocre team

12. Houston (5-3) – They still have to play Indy twice, so no need to get excited

11. Dallas (5-2) – Offense is peaking at the wrong time

10. Baltimore (4-3) – Had to win and did it impressively

9. Cincinnati (5-2) – BYE week

8. NY Giants (5-3) – Is this the team I’m suppose to have ranked higher?

7. Pittsburgh (5-2) – BYE week

6. Philadelphia (5-2) – Is this the team that isn’t any good and is overrated?

5. New England (5-2) – BYE week

4. Denver (6-1) – Forgot they only get one week off with a BYE.

3. Minnesota (7-1) – I still cant figure out what happened to the LB’s ability to tackle

2. Indianapolis (7-0) – Wasn’t pretty, but it kept them undefeated.

1. New Orleans (7-0) – This is a nice story, but the first time they play a quality team that is strong and healthy on both sides of the ball…they are going to get exposed.

2. The Following 13 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Not too much to argue. I think the Season is starting to sort itself out. I suspect Pitt. and New England are actually better than Denver right now, but the record is what it is - and we beat NE, so you can't really argue that one too convincingly after all.

The Giants have absolutely shown their asses three weeks running. I still think the Eagles are a bit overrated, but that applies to the entire NFC East IMO. Remember, some people actually picked Washington to contend this year. That Tennessee is bad was a total shock, but that Washington is bad shouldn't have been.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

The comment for the Saints is easily the same for the Colts.

Good ratings Coach!

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

Good list!
    [

In regards to the comment about Ohio fans, hey coach when the Phillies lose the World Series do you think they'll boo the team when they arrive back in Philly, or just TP their stadium?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Not too much to argue. I think the Season is starting to sort itself out. I suspect Pitt. and New England are actually better than Denver right now, but the record is what it is - and we beat NE, so you can't really argue that one too convincingly after all.

The Giants have absolutely shown their asses three weeks running. I still think the Eagles are a bit overrated, but that applies to the entire NFC East IMO. Remember, some people actually picked Washington to contend this year. That Tennessee is bad was a total shock, but that Washington is bad shouldn't have been.
    Nice summary.

I'm worried in that the Chargers play the Giants and the Eagles the next two weeks, while we play Pittsburgh and Washington.

If the Chargers happen to beat the Giants and Eagles, and we lose to Pitt, then they will come to Denver only down one game.

We really need to take care of Pittsburgh. I think it will be a struggle for the Chargers to win both of those games, but neither of those teams is as strong as they look. If they beat the Giants and we lose to Pittsburgh. . .then they will be on their game for Philly at home, and we'll have a serious battle on our hands the next week.

These next few weeks will probably be the deciding stretch of the season for the AFC West title.

9. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

My bet is both Denver and SD come out of the next 2 games with a 1-1 record. I'd put my money on Denver beating Pittsburgh before I bet on SD over the Eagles...but then again...I'm the idiot thatthinks the Eagles actually have a half-way decent team.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    My bet is both Denver and SD come out of the next 2 games with a 1-1 record. I'd put my money on Denver beating Pittsburgh before I bet on SD over the Eagles...but then again...I'm the idiot thatthinks the Eagles actually have a half-way decent team.
    If Pittsburgh beats Denver and Cincinnati, and the undefeated teams don't lose where do you think they'll end up?
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    If Pittsburgh beats Denver and Cincinnati, and the undefeated teams don't lose where do you think they'll end up?
    They'd have to be top 5 at that point. But in all honesty...if they go through a stretch like that...I'd like them over New Orleans. I'm just not buying into that defense yet

Tampa Bay is ranked a little high Coach.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    the iggles are a good team-- i don't know why people don't want to admit it. . . . a slew of injuries at offensive tackle and middle linebacker have kept them from realizing their full potential this year, but they have enough weapons to be very dangerous. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    the iggles are a good team-- i don't know why people don't want to admit it. . . . a slew of injuries at offensive tackle and middle linebacker have kept them from realizing their full potential this year, but they have enough weapons to be very dangerous. . .
    That Stacy Andrews signing made me laugh so hard. I watched that bum fail as a RT in Cincinnati and then he tore his ACL. Philly then inks him to a pretty big contract.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    That Stacy Andrews signing made me laugh so hard. I watched that bum fail as a RT in Cincinnati and then he tore his ACL. Philly then inks him to a pretty big contract.
    yea, he's nothing special. . . but his brother is a hell of a player when his mind's right-- losing him for the season really hurt that line. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris "goldenrod" Simms

Once again ratbirds way to low Coach IMHO of course

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    yea, he's nothing special. . . but his brother is a hell of a player when his mind's right-- losing him for the season really hurt that line. . .
    I'm figuring they will eventually re-sign Runyan...just hasnt happened. losing the right side of the line is hurting the running game, but they seem to be doing okay. The Saints game was decimated by injuries and the Raiders game was an anomoly. We'll see how they hold up against Dallas this week

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information