Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Recipe Thread

You can do that, but the soup mix adds plenty of flavor. Ive never cooked red onions. Ive eaten plenty raw (on salads and such), but have heard brown, and yellow are for cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by horsesense View Post
    You can do that, but the soup mix adds plenty of flavor. Ive never cooked red onions. Ive eaten plenty raw (on salads and such), but have heard brown, and yellow are for cooking.
    the red ones cook up really nice and caramelize real well and are IMO sweeter as well as give a nice color to the plate..

all can be cooked, roasted, sautéed equally the same.. I just prefer the taste of the red one then of course there are the vidailas they are the sweetest of the group..

3. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

the next steak I grill Im gonna try the red onions. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by horsesense View Post
    the next steak I grill Im gonna try the red onions. Thanks for the info.
    sauté them in real butter slowly,, brings out the sweetness in them..

so, Ive slow cooked one of those pre packaged santa maria tri-tips for tomorrows machaca, but I added enough potatoes (sliced), and a half bag of baby carrots when i started for an extra meal or two. I took out 75% of the meat after slow cooking apprx. 8 hours. that Ive put away in a zip lock bag until Im ready for it tomorrow. The veggies and the rest of the meat can be folded/mixed together while leaving the crock pot on warm. I use these leftovers for taquitos, and tacos, and theyre awesome. Everyone loves these as appitizers. Even the little ones as they cant really taste the veggies. I cut the taquitos in half and serve'em with guacamole or use for taco meat the next day.
    Last edited by horsesense; 01-31-2009 at 08:47 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived horsesense For This Post:

Default food for thought

Worst "Healthy" Sandwich Blimpie Veggie Supreme (12") 1,106 calories
    6 g fat (33 g saturated fat) 2,831 mg sodium 96 g carbohydrates
    Sure, a Veggie Supreme sandwich sounds healthy, but this foot-long comes with three different kinds of cheese, and it’s drenched in oil. After Blimpie gets done with this vegetarian nightmare, you’d be better off consuming two Big Macs than sitting down with this sandwich.

Worst Kids' Meal Chili’s Pepper Pals Country-Fried Chicken Crispers with Ranch Dressing and Homestyle Fries 1,110 calories 82 g fat (15 g saturated) 1,980 mg sodium 56 g carbohydrates
    Most kids, if given the choice, would live on chicken fingers for the duration of their adolescent lives. If those chicken fingers happened to come from Chili’s, it might be a shorter one. A moderately active 8-year-old boy should eat around 1,600 calories a day. This single meal plows through 75 percent of that allotment. So unless he plans to eat carrots and celery sticks for the rest of the day (and we know he doesn’t), find a healthier chicken alternative.

Worst Dessert Romano’s Macaroni Grill Dessert Ravioli 1,630 calories
    74 g fat 33 g saturated fat 1,150 mg sodium 223 g carbohydrates
    Would you eat a Quarter Pounder for dessert? How about four? That’s how many it takes to match the calorie-load of this decadent dish. It’s the quickest way to ruin what may have been a sensible dinner. (Then again, if dinner was at Macaroni Grill, chances are it was anything but sensible.)

Worst Burger Chili’s Smokehouse Bacon Triple-The-Cheese Big Mouth Burger with Jalapeno Ranch Dressing 2,040 calories 150 g fat (53 g saturated) 110 g protein
    4,900 mg sodium
    You know this burger's in trouble when it takes more than 20 syllables just to identify it. If you think the name’s a mouthful, just wait until the burger hits the table. You’ll be face-to-face with two-and-a-half days' worth of fat—a full third of which is saturated. To do that much damage with roasted sirloin, you’d have to eat about eight 6-ounce steaks. (It’s nearly three days’ worth of saturated fat.)

Worst Starter Uno Chicago Grill Pizza Skins (full order) 2,400 calories 155 g fat (50 g saturated) 3,600 mg sodium
    This appetizer is like eating a Large Domino’s Hand-Tossed Sausage Pizza! Would you ever think of saying to a waiter: “Why don’t you start me off with a large meat pizza?” If you’re ordering for a party of more than five, it might be OK, but for smaller groups, it's tilting toward gluttony gone wild. Order the Thai Vegetable Pot Stickers instead—the only item carrying fewer than 800 calories.

The Worst Food of 2009 Baskin Robbins Large Chocolate Oreo Shake 2,600 calories
    135 g fat (59 g saturated fat, 2.5 g trans fats) 263 g sugars1,700 mg sodium
    We didn’t think anything could be worse than Baskin Robbins' 2008 bombshell, the Heath Bar Shake. After all, it had more sugar (266 grams) than 20 bowls of Froot Loops, more calories (2,310) than 11 actual Heath Bars, and more ingredients (73) than you’ll find in most chemist labs. Rather than coming to their senses and removing it from the menu, they did themselves one worse and introduced this caloric catastrophe. It’s soiled with more than a day’s worth of calories and three days worth of saturated fat, and, worst of all, usually takes less than 10 minutes to sip through a straw.

For the complete list of the 20 Worst Foods in America 2009,

http://www.menshealth.com/eatthis/20...20_Worst_Foods

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Default For King87

Consisting of a bacon cheeseburger with a buttered, grilled and glazed doughnut standing in for a bun, the Craz-E Burger puts such fatty delights as the deep-fried Mars bar in the shade.

Its 1,500 calories of sugar and saturated fat did not stop it from becoming a huge hit at a major fair in Massachusetts.

Organisers of the Big E, which finished on Sunday, said visitors bought around 1,000 Craz-E burgers each day of the fair's 17-day run.

The fair's website described it as "classic fair food" but noted: "No single ingredient dominates the burger. They all complement each other with artistry expected from a celebrity chef."

It added: "The glaze smooths over the burger and oozes into a foreign but delicious combination with the crisp of the bacon."

The burger was believed to have been created by a bar owner in Decatur, Georgia, who substituted a doughnuts when he ran out of buns.

The restaurant also serves a hamdog, a hotdog wrapped in a beef patty and deep-fried.

The Decatur doughnut burger was named the Luther Burger after the singer and record producer Luther Vandross, who is said to be a fan.

The Gateway Grizzlies, a minor league baseball team in Illinois, serves the Luther burger at games, piling on further coronary heartache by deep-frying the Krispy Kreme doughnut used as the bun.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ut-burger.html
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

10. The Following User High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Man Burgers

its kinda ruff cuse i just wing it but there always amazing

get some burger patties
    mash em up
    add brown suger and bbq souce
    saute some chooped onions and bacon together
    cook the meat till crispy
    note these should not be in the form of burgers there open face
    toast a roll or other form of bread
    lay down your man meat
    sprinkle large amounts of chedder or swiss cheese
    top with sour cream and enjoy

there amazing i tell you sorry its kinda sloppy ill try to get exact stuff this week

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Default Dreadnought Schnitzel

With my wife being very sick since last weekend, I have had charge of the kitchen and related stuff since Saturday. Out of this I present Dreadnought Schnitzel, a dinner of my own invention and of which I am mighty proud

Take boneless pork chops or pork tenderloin. Pound Hell out of them until they are really thin, like maybe 1/16". Dip in egg, flour, and fry in olive oil, sprinkiling a good bit of paprika on them as they fry. While these are frying do up the sauce.

The sauce is prepared as follows.

1/4 cup light cream
    1 large onion
    1 Hungarian wax pepper
    1/2 cup white wine
    Hungarian paprika
    white pepper
    a couple of cloves of garlic
    a bit of butter
    salt

Chop up and sautee the garlic, onion and pepper in the white wine and butter. Once these are pretty well cooked stir in the cream and season with white pepper, salt, and paprika to taste. Serve the whole mess on top of egg noodles. I accompanied it with white wine from a box. Its actually pretty easy and fairly cheap but it looks like a complicated fancy meal. I earned major points for this one

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    With my wife being very sick since last weekend, I have had charge of the kitchen and related stuff since Saturday. Out of this I present Dreadnought Schnitzel, a dinner of my own invention and of which I am mighty proud

Take boneless pork chops or pork tenderloin. Pound Hell out of them until they are really thin, like maybe 1/16". Dip in egg, flour, and fry in olive oil, sprinkiling a good bit of paprika on them as they fry. While these are frying do up the sauce.

The sauce is prepared as follows.

1/4 cup light cream
    1 large onion
    1 Hungarian wax pepper
    1/2 cup white wine
    Hungarian paprika
    white pepper
    a couple of cloves of garlic
    a bit of butter
    salt

Chop up and sautee the garlic, onion and pepper in the white wine and butter. Once these are pretty well cooked stir in the cream and season with white pepper, salt, and paprika to taste. Serve the whole mess on top of egg noodles. I accompanied it with white wine from a box. Its actually pretty easy and fairly cheap but it looks like a complicated fancy meal. I earned major points for this one
    Sounds good as hell. WTF is a hungarian wax pepper though?
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

15. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

On the fine line between genius & insanity...
    Adopted Bronco:
    Elvis D!

Quote Originally Posted by scottieboy561 View Post
    Man Burgers

its kinda ruff cuse i just wing it but there always amazing

get some burger patties
    mash em up
    add brown suger and bbq souce
    saute some chooped onions and bacon together
    cook the meat till crispy
    note these should not be in the form of burgers there open face
    toast a roll or other form of bread
    lay down your man meat
    sprinkle large amounts of chedder or swiss cheese
    top with sour cream and enjoy

there amazing i tell you sorry its kinda sloppy ill try to get exact stuff this week
    Michael: Guys! Beef: it's what's for dinner! Who wants some man meat?
    Dwight: I do! I want some man meat!
    Jim: Michael, Dwight would like your man meat.
    Michael: Well then, my man meat he shall have.

17. The Following User High Fived Dr Velcro For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Sounds good as hell. WTF is a hungarian wax pepper though?
    We have them in our fancy-Dan northeastern grocery store produce sections. Italian peppers would work too I think, though they're not as hot

19. The Following User High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information