Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Windows 7

I've heard great things about Windows 7. I'm interested, but I have had no problems with Vista on the computer I have now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    This space available for lease.

Vista sucks, go to 7.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ryan Clady

I'm still running XP just haven't switched over to Vista or 7 yet.

I want a new lap top but not sure if everything I have will be compatable with it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
    Vista sucks, go to 7.
    Yes, yes it does...

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Just bought a new laptop a couple of days ago...its a Toshiba Satellite...300gb hard drive, 4gb ram, 2.10mhz AMD vision processor, HD video card, build in webcam with microphone, and a bunch of other neat little bells and whistles...but the thing it has that impresses me most is Windows 7.

It's clean, organized, neat, etc. It's an improved version of Vista is all, with some more user friendly improvements and some other neat little things. Overall, Windows 7 is probably the best PC OS I've ever used.

Best thing is I only paid $650 for this laptop brand new at the BX at Ramstein AFB, Germany...so it was tax free.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Windows 7 is a beautifully clean platform compared to Vista. I had to network my bosses new laptop and the only thing I had a problem with so far was that our server is Windows XP based. XP doesn't have an indexing feature, which is a big feature on 7. Windows 7 doesn't want to recognize a location on the server since it can't be indexed. I downloaded an XP fix on the server tower, but that didn't do it. Did some trouble shooting and it is a bug that Windows 7 should have a fix for in early December.

It's still very functional, just can't set it as a default so it's a couple extra steps to get to the location. For me, it's easy. For my boss, I constantly have to go in his office and walk him through how to get to the server. :shrugs:

Fantastic platform though. Very clean in comparison to past platforms.

8. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I love that having so many applications open at once doesn't slow the computer down at all. I'm sure having a 300g hard drive and 4g of ram with a 2.10mhz processor doesn't hurt, and that it's brand new, but either way I'm still ultimately pleased with Windows 7.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Ok, so due to all the hype I had to try this for myself...

First impression was that it was Vista with a few "cool" new features added...

Well, it's like Vista in appearance but that's it. Runs super fast even on my dinosaur Dimension 8400. Looks great and has some actual useful features to it. Love the window dragging thing and "shake" to minimize all windows except the one you're working with. Slide show wallpaper is pretty good also. I'm sure a lot of the "ambiance" with this OS was in Vista as well...

This is way more user friendly than Vista and did I mention it's fast..? Only problem I ran into was I had to update ALL drivers just to get sound and internet from my usb adapter...not really a problem, just annoying and time consuming..

Best part, is now I'm running a dual boot system with XP!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information