Page 1 of 160 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Off-season News/Rumor Thread

Default Broncos Off-season News/Rumor Thread

Denver Post speculates that Broncos RB Mike Bell could be dealt before the NFL Draft.

Bell went from a productive co-starter at tail back in 2006 to bench warmer at full back this season, playing in only five games. The Broncos should be able to acquire a late round pick from a team looking to improve their short yardage running game.
    Source: Denver Post

With the price tag for premium cornerbacks on the rise, Champ Bailey and his representatives may talk to the Broncos about a new contract.

Niners signed CB Nate Clements to an $80 million deal last season and Seahawks CB Marcus Trufant and other likely free agents could receive similar deals. The perennial Pro Bowler Bailey has three years remaining on his current contract and the Broncos limited cap space likely would push any contract talk deep into the offseason.

Walker moving on?
    Javon Walker | Broncos
    Walker wants out of Denver, and Mike Shanahan will probably accommodate his trade demand, writes John Clayton. Shanahan will feel good about having Brandon Marshall and Brandon Stokley as the Broncos' starting receivers. He could use the draft to develop a third receiver.
    Source: ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by BOSSHOGG30 View Post
    With the price tag for premium cornerbacks on the rise, Champ Bailey and his representatives may talk to the Broncos about a new contract.

Niners signed CB Nate Clements to an $80 million deal last season and Seahawks CB Marcus Trufant and other likely free agents could receive similar deals. The perennial Pro Bowler Bailey has three years remaining on his current contract and the Broncos limited cap space likely would push any contract talk deep into the offseason.
    That's good news. I like reading stuff like that.
    If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasChief View Post
    That's good news. I like reading stuff like that.
    When he turns 34 we will just trade him to you guys... You like old cornerbacks.

When he turns 34 we will just trade him to you guys... You like old cornerbacks.
    Speaking of 34. How did Dale Carter work out for you guys?

Speaking of 34. How did Dale Carter work out for you guys?
    Wow. That is lame. About like Dan Williams did for you.
    2012: The Year that Mo Got Laid

8. The Following User High Fived Rex For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cswil View Post
    Wow. That is lame. About like Dan Williams did for you.
    It's hardly the same level of free agency bust.

It's hardly the same level of free agency bust.
    I dont know. Perhaps not as high profile, but the Chiefs paid some pretty solid cash for ole' Danny.

However, I only argue because the mention of that douche bag's name cuts me deep.

Quote Originally Posted by cswil View Post
    I dont know. Perhaps not as high profile, but the Chiefs paid some pretty solid cash for ole' Danny.

However, I only argue because the mention of that douche bag's name cuts me deep.
    LOL

Well, seeing Neil Smith in a Broncos uniform really tears my heart out.

Adopted Bronco:
    Selvin Young

Denver Post speculates that Broncos RB Mike Bell could be dealt before the NFL Draft.

Bell went from a productive co-starter at tail back in 2006 to bench warmer at full back this season, playing in only five games. The Broncos should be able to acquire a late round pick from a team looking to improve their short yardage running game.
    Good................if we can get a 6th or 7th round pick for him, we made out good. Maybe between Bell, Walker, Henry and Gold, we can get some later round picks to use to move up.

LOL

Well, seeing Neil Smith in a Broncos uniform really tears my heart out.
    Well, I got used to Neil. I didnt like it at first, but I accepted it. I dont think I would have ever been able to accept Dale Carter. Ever.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

they tried to trade him last year and failed-- what makes 'em think his value is higher after spending a year on the bench?
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    they tried to trade him last year and failed-- what makes 'em think his value is higher after spending a year on the bench?
    I thought they turned down offers, but they were getting a few?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

I thought they turned down offers, but they were getting a few?
    hmmm. . . i could be wrong, but i'd swear they didn't get any-- i remember them shopping him to green bay, and green bay declining and trading for ryan grant instead (smart move on their part). . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information