Nice game last night.

Mavs in first place in the Southwest.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/standing..._axo6XB9m8vLYF
    If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasChief View Post
    Nice game last night.

Mavs in first place in the Southwest.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/standing..._axo6XB9m8vLYF
    Yeah, yeah...San Antonio's a little banged up and Dallas has been hot for the last what? 4-5 games?

Playing well during the regular season has never been an issue for the Mavs...

I guess Mav fans figure THIS postseason will be different.

Well, it will different then it was last season. Nellie did a good job of getting inside the Mavericks' heads.

I think they have a better team this year, it just took them a while to get used to the changes.

Well, it will different then it was last season. Nellie did a good job of getting inside the Mavericks' heads.

I think they have a better team this year, it just took them a while to get used to the changes.
    I think so too...about getting into their heads.

TWT.

Regardless of who it is, and until they prove me wrong, whoever ends up winning the Western Conf. Championship will likely be the Champs.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncolingus View Post
    I think so too...about getting into their heads.

TWT.

Regardless of who it is, and until they prove me wrong, whoever ends up winning the Western Conf. Championship will likely be the Champs.
    Celtics and Pistons are legitimate threats for the Championship. IMO

Oh, anything could happen, but 3 20+ win teams in the Eastern Conference vs. what? 8 or 9 now 20+ win teams in the Western Conference...

A healthy Detriot team does match up well against San Antonio though all things being equal...

I'm not sold on Boston in the postseason yet...

Suns beat dallas tonight. I have to say that dallas put up a good fight even without josh howard, that guy harris and jerry crackhouse. You could tell they were flat out tired in the fourth quarter gave it all they had though.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
    Suns beat dallas tonight. I have to say that dallas put up a good fight even without josh howard, that guy harris and jerry crackhouse. You could tell they were flat out tired in the fourth quarter gave it all they had though.
    The Mavs are miserable. When they can put a healthy team out there, maybe they can get something going.

Coach - Do you think this deal is going to go thru? I hope not.

Not only am I against getting rid of Harris but I don't see how they can let Diop go either. When Damp picks up to fouls in first 3 minutes of the game, who are they going to put in for him? Juan Howard? No thanks.

Right now, Devean George is my hero.

Adopted Bronco:

Coach - Do you think this deal is going to go thru? I hope not.

Not only am I against getting rid of Harris but I don't see how they can let Diop go either. When Damp picks up to fouls in first 3 minutes of the game, who are they going to put in for him? Juan Howard? No thanks.

Right now, Devean George is my hero.
    Bass could come in and muscle is up with some big guys in the post. Diop will be an FA and would probably come back next year and Stack would be back in 30 days.

I hate to lose Harris. The kid in on the Tony Parker path, but...he really doesn't fit Avery's scheme. It's really a tough call for me. At first I was 100% against it, but the more I look at it and analyze it...it might not be a bad deal afterall. I love Devin and just bought a Harris jersey, but i like Kidd alot too. Flip a coin

According to yahoo sports, the NBA may block Stack from coming back.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

NEW ORLEANS – As the New Jersey Nets and Dallas Mavericks feverishly worked to convince Devean George to join in the trade for Jason Kidd on Thursday, there suddenly loomed another issue that could obliterate the proposed deal: the loose lips of Jerry Stackhouse.

The NBA will investigate the possibility the Mavericks and Stackhouse violated league rules with a prearranged agreement for the forward to return to Dallas after reaching a contract buyout in New Jersey and sitting out the 30-day waiting period, sources said. Several league sources said the NBA will consider forbidding Stackhouse to re-sign with the Mavericks this season as punishment for public comments the forward made on Wednesday that suggested tampering could have occurred.

If it comes to that, the deal is dead. Dallas owner Mark Cuban wouldn't complete the trade for Kidd without a belief that he could bring back Stackhouse this season. Ultimately, sources say, Mavericks management decided that losing Stackhouse would be too hard of a hit to the Mavericks' depth, too steep a price to pay for Kidd.

For the Mavericks, the trouble started when Stackhouse, 33, gave an interview to the Associated Press on Wednesday that suggested there was a plan for how his trade, buyout and eventual re-signing with Dallas would unfold.

Stackhouse said that he was only part of the deal "to make the numbers work."

ADVERTISEMENT

What's more, he said, "I feel great. I get 30 days to rest then I'll be right back. I ain't going nowhere."

Even if George changes his mind on Friday about agreeing to waive his "Early Larry Bird Rights" and accept the trade to New Jersey, sources said the league office will not immediately approve the trade. With angry rival executives across the league expressing outrage over Stackhouse's comments, as well as the NBA's own issues and suspicions with the comments, senior VP of basketball operations Stu Jackson is obligated to look deeper into the matter.

The NBA doesn't allow such prearranged agreements. The rest of the league is required to have a fair chance to sign Stackhouse in the 30 days before he is eligible to re-sign with the Mavericks. It doesn't help appearances that Stackhouse and Kidd share the same agent, Jeff Schwartz.

When several league executives read Stackhouse's comments on Wednesday, they were irate and privately promised to protest if Stackhouse ends up passing on leaguewide offers and returns to the Mavericks.

"It sounds like a side deal, doesn't it?" one Eastern Conference executive said. "The league will have a lot of explaining to do if Stackhouse goes back to Dallas."

Another general manager said, "I thought it was the most blatant statement someone could make about a trade. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the league disallowed Stackhouse to go back to Dallas. Stackhouse is too impulsive and is prone to say stuff like that which could really end up hurting Dallas."

Finally, a third GM said, "It's caused a lot of people to wonder how they could get away with that, how those kind of pre-existing arrangements can be allowed."

For now, it is clear the trade that would send Kidd and Malik Allen to Dallas for George, Stackhouse, Devin Harris, DeSagana Diop and Maurice Ager, two first-round picks and $3 million is stuck. Before the Mavericks' 109-97 loss to the Suns in Phoenix on Thursday night, agent Mark Bartelstein insisted that his client hadn't changed his mind about vetoing his trade to the Nets.

"There's nothing new," Bartelstein said. "Right now, he's just focusing on playing for the Mavericks."

Between now and next Thursday's trade deadline, the Nets and Mavericks are exploring scenarios that still include George and a sign-and-trade with Keith Van Horn, but the Stackhouse case could make everything else irrelevant. Across the league, there's a belief that Stackhouse revealed too much with his words and the NBA plans to take a hard look and ask the obvious question: Is there strong enough evidence of a pre-existing agreement between the Mavericks and Stackhouse that deserves punishment? If they league decides there is, and refuses to let him re-sign with the Mavericks, the results could be devastating for Dallas.

No trade.

No Kidd.

It would be a steep price to pay for the loose lips of Jerry Stackhouse.

Adopted Bronco:

Why does a team(s) or player get punished for stating a fact of the CBA that everyone knows? Who cares if he states it? The Nets don't. They know what's going to happen and they welcome it. Just because he says it in public, he gets punished for it. Ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Why does a team(s) or player get punished for stating a fact of the CBA that everyone knows? Who cares if he states it? The Nets don't. They know what's going to happen and they welcome it. Just because he says it in public, he gets punished for it. Ridiculous
    I don't see how having the discussion with a player, who is currently under contract with you, that you want to bring them back after the trade is tampering. If they had that discussion with him when he's under contract with someone else, then I understand.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Technically the trade hadn't been agreed to, so I don't see how that's tampering, but David Stern will do whatever he feels like doing...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

Especially if it screws over Cuban

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information