Page 3 of 124 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the League News/Rumor Thread

It's now official!! The greatest coach in the history of mankind has been named Coach of the Year!!!

Let's party!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Adopted Bronco:
    Andra Davis

Don't forget Gold. Take Gold Please.
    I knew a man a long long time but I never knew him at all. Small in stature, big at heart but he always stood tall. In my mind he could do no wrong misunderstood all along. He worked hard all his live to get what he had. He was a little rough around the edges simple in mind but always had a kind eye for me. I will miss you Dad.

Gem's Yardog.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    It's now official!! The greatest coach in the history of mankind has been named Coach of the Year!!!

Let's party!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true
    Would have been a complete outrage had he not been named coach of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    The Boston Herald is reporting Bill Belichick will be named Coach of the Year. The Herald polled 41 of the 50 writers who voted and found that 25 voted for BB.

Also, PFT just announced that since the Herald leaked the news the NFL will move up the announcement date from Jan. 12 to today.
    Wow! Who would of thought the Pats would be good this year... give the award to Belichick, he did something amazing with this team.... no one including me thought they would make the playoffs.

Once again...well deserved.

I see the one Indiana sportswriter was sure to vote for his dude (Dungy)...would have loved to hear the logic behind that choice.

Idiot...

Default From KCFinsFan

This comes from a Miami message board from a guy that is highly respected and has many good inside resources:

It gets even more interesting. I posted the other day that the hot rumor was the Boyz offering both 1's and Barber to move up to number 1 for McFadden. I said it was something being discussed around valley ranch.

Well...now it appears that someone else is reporting on a blog that he is hearing that a 4th round pick could also be in the mix AND that Parcells has already had a preliminary discussion with Jones and that LB Bobby Carpenters name has been brought up in the trade talks as well.

Carpenter was drafted by Parcells.
    Where this gets interesting is the Ireland hire. Ireland knows what Jones wants in the draft and who. So much so that yesterday Jones publicly said that the sticking point to releasing Ireland from his contract was the fact that he did not want his "secrets" out there...after Ireland was released, Jones said publicly that he was comfortable with the arrangment and assurances that he recieved from Bill, Jeff, and Wayne.

Another rumor that I have heard is that Ricky Williams may be part of any trade to the Cowboys. His mother is from that region of Texas and some say that it might be easier for him to stay off Pot with his mother around. It would also make a little sense as if Barber does in fact leave Dallas in a trade for McFadden, Ricky would provide a healthy body...presumably. That is not something that I have heard from an inside source at the Ranch though...and right now I would think it is nothing more than wild speculation.

Still, the Cowboys from what I have been told are in fact wanting to TRY and move to number 1 and they are resigned to the fact that Tony Sparano will not be with them come the 2nd week of February

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    This comes from a Miami message board from a guy that is highly respected and has many good inside resources:

It gets even more interesting. I posted the other day that the hot rumor was the Boyz offering both 1's and Barber to move up to number 1 for McFadden. I said it was something being discussed around valley ranch.

Well...now it appears that someone else is reporting on a blog that he is hearing that a 4th round pick could also be in the mix AND that Parcells has already had a preliminary discussion with Jones and that LB Bobby Carpenters name has been brought up in the trade talks as well.

Carpenter was drafted by Parcells.
    Where this gets interesting is the Ireland hire. Ireland knows what Jones wants in the draft and who. So much so that yesterday Jones publicly said that the sticking point to releasing Ireland from his contract was the fact that he did not want his "secrets" out there...after Ireland was released, Jones said publicly that he was comfortable with the arrangment and assurances that he recieved from Bill, Jeff, and Wayne.

Another rumor that I have heard is that Ricky Williams may be part of any trade to the Cowboys. His mother is from that region of Texas and some say that it might be easier for him to stay off Pot with his mother around. It would also make a little sense as if Barber does in fact leave Dallas in a trade for McFadden, Ricky would provide a healthy body...presumably. That is not something that I have heard from an inside source at the Ranch though...and right now I would think it is nothing more than wild speculation.

Still, the Cowboys from what I have been told are in fact wanting to TRY and move to number 1 and they are resigned to the fact that Tony Sparano will not be with them come the 2nd week of February

well i can see miami wanting the 2 1sts and the 4th, but barber?? they got brown already who is a stud. why would they want marion? The only possible scenario that i can think of is that they will then trade marion to someone for...well their whole team sucks so anything they can get i guess.

Also, i thought miami just extended the contract of williams. wouldnt it have been better for them (regarding a trade) to not extend the contract as it might deter another team away. (as if ricky wouldnt deter them on his own)

If thats true about marion and the 1sts and the 4th, i wouldnt at all be surprised to see if shanny stickes his nose in there somewhere to make it another 3 team trade. Dallas sends us their first and player for our #12, and then they send our #12 and their other 1st,4th and Barber or player to the fins....That is also a prototypical shanny move.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Shanny needs to call up Miami and tell them they can have, Javon Walker, Travis Henry, and Ian Gold as well as our 1st round pick, it they give us their 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    ahahahaha, LMAO!!

please god, let this happen-- how priceless would it be to watch that egotistical jackass larry johnson rot while they try to run seven step drops behind that pathetic OL and throw 40+ times a game with brodie croyle? he wouldn't last three games. . . .

Yeah , but think how dangerous the Chefs would be with Sami Parker and Eddie Quitterson lined up in a multi-WR offensive set.

Maybe not so much....

Quote Originally Posted by BOSSHOGG30 View Post
    Shanny needs to call up Miami and tell them they can have, Javon Walker, Travis Henry, and Ian Gold as well as our 1st round pick, it they give us their 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick.
    Or at least entertain a three team trade. We can trade off Javon and Ian in this.

Raiders DT Warren Sapp announced his retirement from football.

"If you were going to pick a football team...and it came time for you to pick your three-technique," Sapp said, "you were taking me with you. That's all I ever wanted from this game." A seven-time Pro Bowler and six-time All Pro, Sapp retires with 96.5 sacks, an incredible amount for an interior lineman. He was Defensive Player of the Year in 1999 and won a Super Bowl with the Bucs in 2002. Sapp will likely be a first or second ballot Hall of Famer.
    Source: Contra Costa Times

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by mopatt24 View Post
    Or at least entertain a three team trade. We can trade off Javon and Ian in this.
    You might have to throw in ramsey on that deal, and bypass they're third for a fourth.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

ESPN's Len Pasquarelli reports New England Patriots OC Josh McDaniels, who in only his second season in the position presided over a unit that established new league records for touchdowns and points scored, has decided he will not interview for any head coach vacancies this year. Both the Atlanta Falcons and Baltimore Ravens this week sought permission from Patriots officials to meet with McDaniels about their respective openings. Under league rules, New England essentially had to honor the requests, since the interviews would have been for a head coaching position. But McDaniels, who also serves as quarterbacks coach, did not have to agree to the interviews, and has decided in general not to pursue any head coach positions for the 2008 season. Franchises seeking new head coaches can interview assistants from clubs with playoff byes this week, but the sessions must take place by Saturday. After that, coaches from playoff franchises can only be interviewed after their teams are eliminated, or during the "open" week between the conference championship games and the Super Bowl. McDaniels, 31, along with Dallas Cowboys OC Jason Garett, Cowboys assistant head coach Tony Sparano and Indianapolis Colts assistant head coach Jim Caldwell are arguably the hottest assistant coaches in the league right now.

The Palm Beach Post reports Dallas assistant head coach Tony Sparano and Cleveland Browns HC Romeo Crennel top the list of head-coaching candidates for Bill Parcells and new GM Jeff Ireland. In fact, an NFL source familiar with the league's coaching carousel said Thursday that Sparano and Crennel essentially make up the Dolphins' "A" list.

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports NFL teams in the market for free-agent wide receivers could choose from Oakland WR Jerry Porter, New England WR Jabar Gaffney or New Orleans WR David Patten, among others. But rather than signing a free-agent wide out, teams could decide to trade for one.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Dolphins are rumored to be interested in Javon Walker and Chad Johnson, there is also talk they may trade for QB Derek Anderson from Cleveland.

Dolphins are rumored to be interested in Javon Walker and Chad Johnson, there is also talk they may trade for QB Derek Anderson from Cleveland.
    Link?? I'd like to see more.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information