Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Oil and Gas Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by cswil View Post
    Yeah, I just read the Global Warming caused the recent Midwest Ice Storm too.

I hope it stays warm, because if OJ goes up to $6 a gallon, I might die and the govt might have to raise taxes to pay for the WIC program.
    Raising taxes is a great way to increase programs, you ungrateful capitalist (except with petroleum).

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by beefstew25 View Post
    Daddy, can I get your thoughts on the above?
    Well a couple of things. One, we would love to drill in ANWR because we would get the reserves on our books. Reserves really help stock prices.

Two, oil prices and gas prices aren't as closely tied together as they once were due to the tightness in the refining capacity. Prices on gasoline really move around a lot when refineries shut down for mainteneance and the such.

Three, for most Big Oil companies higher oil prices hurt refinery margins. This is because the Big Oil has to buy much of it's oil from the country run oil entities in Saudi Arabia and Russia. So our raw materials (oil) increase in price and it takes some time for the price increase to make it's way to the consumer, so you lose some money there. You really make money on the margin between what it takes to get oil out of the ground and what it sells for. Most Big Oil companies have pretty high expenses to get it out of the ground (Alaska, deep sea oil wells, tar sands, etc.) compared to the Saudis who pump it out of the desert. It really is economy of scale, Big Oil makes a lot of money because it has a lot of assets. If people drank milk like we use oil, we would all bytch about dairy farmers being rich.

Raising taxes is a great way to increase programs, you ungrateful capitalist (except with petroleum).

Well, maybe Hillary will raise taxes to pay for gas for people that cant afford it.
    2012: The Year that Mo Got Laid

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Thank you Daddy. That was the only answer you could have given where I wouldn't have a response.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    Well a couple of things. One, we would love to drill in ANWR because we would get the reserves on our books. Reserves really help stock prices.

Two, oil prices and gas prices aren't as closely tied together as they once were due to the tightness in the refining capacity. Prices on gasoline really move around a lot when refineries shut down for mainteneance and the such.

Three, for most Big Oil companies higher oil prices hurt refinery margins. This is because the Big Oil has to buy much of it's oil from the country run oil entities in Saudi Arabia and Russia. So our raw materials (oil) increase in price and it takes some time for the price increase to make it's way to the consumer, so you lose some money there. You really make money on the margin between what it takes to get oil out of the ground and what it sells for. Most Big Oil companies have pretty high expenses to get it out of the ground (Alaska, deep sea oil wells, tar sands, etc.) compared to the Saudis who pump it out of the desert. It really is economy of scale, Big Oil makes a lot of money because it has a lot of assets. If people drank milk like we use oil, we would all bytch about dairy farmers being rich.
    Milk prices have doubled. What do you think that is the result of?

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Milk prices have doubled. What do you think that is the result of?
    Global warming!

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Well, maybe Hillary will raise taxes to pay for gas for people that cant afford it, the plasma, the cell phone, the car payment, the video games, and a 12 pound lobster tail dinner once a week.
    Edited to display the absurd.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post

Well-said. . and you didn't resort to denigrating cswil's intelligence. . .I commend you.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Well-said. . and you didn't resort to denigrating cswil's intelligence. . .I commend you.
    CSWIL has taken some punches lately. Be nice.

CSWIL, I never heard back on what you were doing second week in March...

CSWIL has taken some punches lately. Be nice.

CSWIL, I never heard back on what you were doing second week in March...
    Actually, my boss and I had a very preliminary conversation about going to Las Vegas in the middle of March.

Actually, my boss and I had a very preliminary conversation about going to Las Vegas in the middle of March.
    MAY. I'll be in Vegas in MAY.

Not March.
    If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

OK, good, so your feelings won't be hurt when Joe and I don't invite you.

OK, good, so your feelings won't be hurt when Joe and I don't invite you.
    That was uncalled for.
    If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasChief View Post
    That was uncalled for.
    Beef treats me like a stray dog. I am getting used to it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Beef treats me like a stray dog. I am getting used to it.
    Nut heard you. And he is pissed.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information