Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Oil and Gas Thread

Carter wasn't much of a president. But he's pretty decent ex-president and humanitarian.
    If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

NTL, checking in. .. I was expecting somebody throwing a fit, but alas all I see is a report on the futures market trading. . .yawn.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by DallasChief View Post
    Carter wasn't much of a president. But he's pretty decent ex-president and humanitarian.
    Except for the fact he hates Israel.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

DC, are you funding Beef's poker account? If so, I want in. Let's all log-in together and collude to take other's money from them. . .I learned all the tricks from the oil industry.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by cswil View Post
    My favorite term used in oil and gas pricing is "speculation". Reaction is always on "speculation".

We heard there "might be a hurricane" and it "might" damage some drilling platforms. Up $3. Doesnt happen. Down $1.
    Agree with you on that one. I wonder how much of the price of a barrel of oil is actually supply/demand related and how much is "speculation" by the commodity traders?

It's even worse when the price goes up by $5 a barrel when people are worried about a war with Iran. Let the price go up when bombs start dropping, pansies.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    DC, are you funding Beef's poker account? If so, I want in. Let's all log-in together and collude to take other's money from them. . .I learned all the tricks from the oil industry.
    Done that before....after like 2 times, they won't let you sit down with the other culluder (if that is a word).

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by beefstew25 View Post
    Big Oil likes to pretend they want to set up shop in ANWR, but in reality, the increase in demand and the assumption the world is running out of oil means their profits skyrocket without really having to to anything. Same goes for refineries.
    Daddy, can I get your thoughts on the above?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    Agree with you on that one. I wonder how much of the price of a barrel of oil is actually supply/demand related and how much is "speculation" by the commodity traders?

It's even worse when the price goes up by $5 a barrel when people are worried about a war with Iran. Let the price go up when bombs start dropping, pansies.
    Thank you Big Daddy.

I understand the "supply and demand aspect"...even though NTL thinks I am a hillbilly with an IQ of 65, I actually do understand that point.

Now I see how the Resident Genius is going to give me a lesson on commodities trading. I shall get a fresh cup of crude and enjoy the show.
    2012: The Year that Mo Got Laid

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Thank you Big Daddy.

I understand the "supply and demand aspect"...even though NTL thinks I am a hillbilly with an IQ of 65, I actually do understand that point.

Now I see how the Resident Genius is going to give me a lesson on commodities trading. I shall get a fresh cup of crude and enjoy the show.
    A hillbilly with an IQ of 65? You give yourself too much credit. . .

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    It might be a while before I can get online. Company coming to town tomorrow and staying the weekend.

Maybe on Sunday.
    If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much.

Well, they are "expecting" cold weather in Florida. So will orange juice go up $2 today?

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Except for the fact he hates Israel.
    And you can't find a left wing Third World Dictator anywhere he won't prostitute himself for (e.g. Robert Mugabe, Hugo Chavez)

Not only worst President of my lifetime, but maybe of all time. His only competition is James Buchanan. Also the worst ex-President ever.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Well, they are "expecting" cold weather in Florida. So will orange juice go up $2 today?
    No, but everyone has wool blankets draped over their plants. You would think an ice age is coming. Good thing I watch 'An Inconvinient Truth'. I know what is really happening.

No, but everyone has wool blankets draped over their plants. You would think an ice age is coming. Good thing I watch 'An Inconvinient Truth'. I know what is really happening.
    Yeah, I just read the Global Warming caused the recent Midwest Ice Storm too.

I hope it stays warm, because if OJ goes up to $6 a gallon, I might die and the govt might have to raise taxes to pay for the WIC program.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Done that before....after like 2 times, they won't let you sit down with the other culluder (if that is a word).
    Glad to know that they actually try and stop that stuff.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information