Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Go Spurs Go!!!

This trade makes me smile.

I hate losing Barry though. Word on the street is he'll get bought out by the Sonics. He could end up back in SA. Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarface View Post

I hate losing Barry though. Word on the street is he'll get bought out by the Sonics. He could end up back in SA. Stay tuned.
    Barry, Elson and a future 1st rounder for a 35 year old Kurt Thomas? Really?

Wow. I'm mildly surprised to say the least.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Although I wouldn't be too upset if it happened that way...that rule needs changed. Teams shouldn't be able to circumvent trade rules like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick7 View Post
    Barry, Elson and a future 1st rounder for a 35 year old Kurt Thomas? Really?

Wow. I'm mildly surprised to say the least.
    Now we have another big that can shoot jumpers, play D, and rebound. That's pretty important considering what we'll be facing in the west. Pho has Shaq and Amare. Lakers have Pau and Bynum. Utah has Boozer. Now we just added a very good defender to put next to Duncan. Also when TD comes out we can play Thomas with Oberto and still have a big that can score. This trade is great. We just sat back. Watched everyone make their moves. And said okay, here's our answer to what you're doing. This was a beautiful move.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Scarface For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Yeah...not to mention we gave up 2 for 1 which frees up a roster spot in case we wanna keep everyone else we have now that Tony is back...or pick up an intriguing FA for the stretch run.

7. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Now we have another big that can shoot jumpers, play D, and rebound. That's pretty important considering what we'll be facing in the west. Pho has Shaq and Amare. Lakers have Pau and Bynum. Utah has Boozer. Now we just added a very good defender to put next to Duncan. Also when TD comes out we can play Thomas with Oberto and still have a big that can score. This trade is great. We just sat back. Watched everyone make their moves. And said okay, here's our answer to what you're doing. This was a beautiful move.
    I'll take you and Smilin's word on that as I haven't been able to see much hoops down here. I'm hoping I'll get the playoff coverage at least.

Kurt made his Spurs debit last night. 4pts 9 boards and 2 blocks in only 13 minutes. He played some nice D and was setting some nasty picks for Parker and Manu.

10. The Following User High Fived Scarface For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

From the 5 spot to the 2 spot in only a few weeks and 10 out of their last 11...someone's ascending...

12. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    From the 5 spot to the 2 spot in only a few weeks and 10 out of their last 11...someone's ascending...
    Sounds familiar doesn't it? Kind of like a movie I've already seen a few times.

14. The Following User High Fived Scarface For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Sounds familiar doesn't it? Kind of like a movie I've already seen a few times.
    Ferris Beuller's Day Off? Always the same ending, but I never get tired of watching it.

Brent Barry will play for the Spurs!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3270024

Looks like you hit a homerun on that one.

18. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick7 View Post
    Looks like you hit a homerun on that one.
    Man, I am so glad we're getting him back!

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

u c Bowen's strip at the end of the game last night...thing of beauty.

Man, I am so glad we're getting him back!
    Agreed. He can shoot, but he also brings the intelligence factor. I think that's what makes the Spurs so damn tough to beat come playoff time. A extremely intelligent coach, and players that listen and follow the system.

They may not play the sexy game, but they play THEIR game better than anyone else.

Good for the Spurs and Barry.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information