Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL Poker thread.

Quote Originally Posted by beefstew25 View Post
    How about the Atlanta game? That is close to everyone, right?
    I figured you and Joe would get a cottage in the NE that weekend?
    2012: The Year that Mo Got Laid

Adopted Bronco:

I have a few exercises that will tighten up your abs.
    ________
    AIRFLITE
    Last edited by CoachChaz; 02-19-2011 at 10:11 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

How about the Atlanta game? That is close to everyone, right?

But I would try to come anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

I vote for Dallas.
    If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Vegas is the obvious choice.

Now, lets try and keep this thread on topic. tia

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I hate A10. I hate it.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by DallasChief View Post
    I vote for Dallas.
    Yeah...it's a heck of a drive, but I think we could carpool or something.
    ________
    Arizona Marijuana Dispensaries
    Last edited by CoachChaz; 02-19-2011 at 10:11 PM.

I hate A10. I hate it.
    My favorite hand is K 10 suited.
    If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Busted out of a tourney this weekend on a total cooler-- Had QQ 6 way, ran into KK...

Then I got up in another tourney and bluffed off half of my chips playing AK too hard and never recovered... I hate AK for that reason, if I am card dead and I get AK I have a tendency to overbet it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by DallasChief View Post
    I was playing in a $100 buy in at The Rio. I got pocket aces. And, I'm on the button. Guy in first position makes a big first bet. He gets a caller and then I go all-in. Both call.
    My AA against AK (original raiser) and JJ (caller)

Flop comes - KKJ

And the end of my tourney.

I usually have the worst luck with pocket queens.
    My worst bad-beat in Vegas was at the Paris. Playing at a $1/2 no-limit table with $150 in front of me.

Some idiotic asian guy had been playing crazy for the last 30-45 minutes and I had just been waiting to bust him.

I'm in the BB, idiot asian guy raises to $20 (right, $20 at a $1/2 table, like I said he was an idiot). Decent but overly agressive player to his left re-raises to $60. . .

It folds around to me in the BB and I have AA. I push all-in with my $150, and the idiot asian calls me without even blinking. Decent/aggressive guy calls as well, $451 in the pot.

Flop comes Q 9 7, turn is a 5, river is a K. We turn over our cards, and the idiot asian has Q 7 off-suit and the decent/aggressive guy has AK.

It was about 4:30 in the morning, so I just went to bed, but I just wanted to punch either that idiot or the dealer in the nose.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I love gambling with a nice cocktail in front of me. NTL, does the Knights have any gambling junkets?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

I hate AK. Especially suited. I'll always play it really strong all the way through, continue to get nothing, and bluff for the entire hand. Never have I got anything better than a pair of Kings.

Anna Kournikova of cards. Looks so good, but can never win.

My fave's gotta be like JJ or 1010. Love the pocket pairs or whatever they're called.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Full Tilt, PokerStars, UB all seized by the FBI.

Holy shit balls. God damn man always holding me down.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

This is huge. Billions of dollars at stake. Millions and millions of American players. If nothing else, this will probably be the catalyst for legalizing online gaming once and for all. In the meantime, there are probably players who are going to be out thousands of dollars as their online accounts have been frozen.

In the most aggressive action yet to try to prevent Americans from gambling online, federal prosecutors on Friday charged three of the largest Internet poker companies with tricking banks into processing billions of dollars of illegal betting proceeds.

Only on msnbc.com Ryan budget plan passes House; only 4 GOP no votes 'Creepy' new software is a stalker's dream Cosmic Log: Is this the age of megaquakes? Why watching 'The Office' makes us cringe 10 deadly do-it-yourself gadgets Americans moving near nuclear reactors Wacky minds behind Taiwan's viral videos Eleven people, including the owners of Full Tilt Poker, Absolute Poker and PokerStars, were charged with violating U.S. anti-Internet gambling laws, under an indictment unsealed by federal prosecutors in Manhattan.

Prosecutors also filed civil money laundering charges seeking to recover at least $3 billion from the companies, are of which all based overseas, court documents said.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation also seized five Internet domain names used by the companies to host their games and obtained restraining orders against 75 bank accounts allegedly used by the companies and their payment processors.

“As charged, these defendants concocted an elaborate criminal fraud scheme, alternately tricking some U.S. banks and effectively bribing others to assure the continued flow of billions in illegal profits,” said Manhattan U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara. “… In their zeal to circumvent the gambling laws, the defendants also engaged in massive money laundering and bank fraud. Foreign firms that operate in the United States are not free to flout the laws they don’t like simply because they can’t bear to be parted from their profits.

Representatives for the companies could not immediately be reached to comment on the charges.

Read the prosecutors' press release in a PDF document
    News of the action sent waves of panic through news groups devoted to Internet poker and gambling, with many players despairing whether they would be able to recover money on deposit with the companies. Millions of U.S. players gambling online despite its dubious legality.

Advertise | AdChoicesAdvertise | AdChoicesAdvertise | AdChoicesFormer U.S. Sen. Alfonse D’Amato, now chairman of the Poker Players Alliance, which represents more than 1 million U.S. players, said in a statement that the organization was "shocked at the action taken by the U.S. Department of Justice today against online poker companies and will continue to fight for Americans’ right to participate in the game they enjoy. Online poker is not a crime and should not be treated as such."

Two of the defendants were arrested on Friday, one is expected to turn himself in to law enforcement and eight others are not currently in the United States, prosecutors said.

Arrested Friday were John Campos, vice chairman of the board and part owner of SunFirst Bank of Saint George, Utah, which allegedly processed gambling transactions for the companies, and Chad Elie, who worked as a “highly compensated payment processor,” according to the indictment.

Poker site operators Raymond Bitar, 39, and Nelson Burtnick of Full Tilt Poker; Isai Scheinberg, 64, and Paul Tate of PokerStars; and Brent Beckley, 31, and Scott Tom, 31, of Absolute Poker, were all charged with violating the 2006 Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act and other laws.

Payment processors Ryan Lang, Ira Rubin and Bradley Franzen also were named in the indictment.

The criminal charges outlined a scheme by the company owners and some of their employees to direct the gambling profits to online shell companies that would appear legitimate to banks processing payments.

The crackdown comes as some U.S. lawmakers have sought to pass legislation legalizing Internet gambling in hopes of tapping a massive new source of tax revenue.

The District of Columbia City Council approved a budget in 2010 to allow its lottery system to offer Internet poker to its residents. According to the Wall Street Journal, the window for Congress to stop the bill has likely been closed. Lawmakers in New Jersey also voted to make the state the nation’s first in-state Internet gambling market, but Gov. Chris Christie vetoed the measure last month.
    Read More - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42613518...ts/?GT1=43001#

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I had like six bucks in my Full Tilt account. ******s.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information