Thread: Ufc 79: Nemisis

Default Ufc 79: Nemisis

Anyone going to watch this? Chuck is gonna knock out Silva and Huges is gonna slam Pierre into an oblivion. This has to be one of the best fight cards in a long time.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I'll have it live here. I think it starts at 0600 or sometime around there. I'm predicting a long over due Liddell victory and I'm taking GSP over Hughes. GSP is a maniac. If his sprawl is on target and he can keep Hughes on his feet and keep him from shooting in, he'll win the fight. I would have rather seen Serra/Hughes, but this is good too. I feel almost guilty for rooting for a French-Canadian, but he's due to beat Hughes sometimes.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I'll have it live here. I think it starts at 0600 or sometime around there. I'm predicting a long over due Liddell victory and I'm taking GSP over Hughes. GSP is a maniac. If his sprawl is on target and he can keep Hughes on his feet and keep him from shooting in, he'll win the fight. I would have rather seen Serra/Hughes, but this is good too. I feel almost guilty for rooting for a French-Canadian, but he's due to beat Hughes sometimes.
    the way i see it both fights could go either way. liddel and silva have lost 2 fights in a row. so both guys are desperate for a win. this should be a really exciting fight. they have been trying to get these guys to fight for years. silva has a better technical game than liddel but i think liddel is a better striker. silva has better knees though.

hughes and pierre could go either way too, after all they both have beat each other already. i agree i wanted to see hughes fight serra because serra and him have some bad blood there but i actually think pierre is a tougher fight for hughes. this fight is for the belt too so i think they go all out. pierre has a nasty sprawl so he matches up good and he's got an arsenal of weapons. hughes is stronger than an ox though.

i wouldnt bet money in either fight because any of them could win.

i like the rest of the card too. i hope they show more of the prelims. all i know is i want to see some knockouts tonight.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

It's going to be a good PPV though. I'm not waking up early to watch it, but I'm sure I'll catch a replay.

I've been a CroCop fan for years and it makes me sad to see him unsuccessful in the UFC thus far. Hopefully he can get a good fight and win one so he can get back in to contention. Off topic, but it was just on my mind.

It's going to be a good PPV though. I'm not waking up early to watch it, but I'm sure I'll catch a replay.

I've been a CroCop fan for years and it makes me sad to see him unsuccessful in the UFC thus far. Hopefully he can get a good fight and win one so he can get back in to contention. Off topic, but it was just on my mind.
    yeah cropcop is one of my favorites. he caught a lucky kick from gonzaga that landed on the button but he was still getting beat pretty bad on the ground. if crocop can keep a fight standing then he is very dangerous. he has knockout power in both legs, his kicks are freakin crazy.

im also interested to see what happens with brock lesnar and frank mir and im bummed that fedor didnt sign with the ufc. fedor vs couture would have been a fantastic fight.

wow liddel looked like the old school liddel tonight. silva really got a beat down. you were right about gsp. hughes really looked like all those fights are starting to wear on him. looks like he gassed and was overwhelmed. i think gsp is gonna tool serra next time they meet. he just keeps getting better and better every fight.

whats next for liddell? rampage again?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

You can go ahead and say it now DB....

Adopted Bronco:
    Lonnie Paxton

That Hughes fight wasn't even close GSP is the real deal just keeps getting better and better. I never liked Hughes any way he lives about 30 miles north of me and hear he's a real jerk off.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

GSP is rowdy and I love watching his fight. I caught the last little bit of the Liddell/Silva fight, but had to go to work, so I didn't see the GSP/Hughes fight. I heard that GSP wants Serra next.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek "aaarrruuuuuu" Wolfe

Way to go Chuck!!!

PEACE!!!
    SAKUNA MATATA - Black Forest, CO

^Thanks MasterShake^

You can go ahead and say it now DB....
    say what?

im just suprised no one got knocked out.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information