Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

Quote Originally Posted by SOCALORADO. View Post
    .....And get this guy!

Kristofer O'Dowd*, USC
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 298.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.07.
    Projected Round (2010): 1st.
    2/11/09: No one should blame Kris O'Dowd if he comes out early; he'd be the top center prospect in the 2010 NFL Draft. He was an All-Pac 10 first-teamer as a sophomore.
    we can grab him with our #8 pick from "duh bears"

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by T.K.O. (team kyle orton) View Post
    i'd like to think that by the end of the year orton and marshall will have developed a great frienship and chemistry (winning the superbowl together and all) and they will both be willing to stay at a reasonable price .if for no other reason than they realize the great potential both of their careers have in denver !
    and doom is a no brainer he is a perfect example of a "team first" class act who gives 110% every week !no way we let him get away
    Yesterday on NFL Live, Trey Wingo, Mark Schlereth and Herm Edwards had Brandon on the phone, and he had nothing but praise for Kyle. I keep trying to find the conversation on espn, as Brandon was great, and they ask him about how he has turned his life around, as far as off the field. Would be great if someone could find the link to the conversation.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default usa today...trent dilfer's take on orton

USA Today: Kyle Orton better than Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger?
    Reply Quote

Would it be fair to assemble a ranking of the league's best quarterbacks that doesn't include Tom Brady or Ben Roethlisberger in the top five?

That's what former NFL QB and current ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer did on Tuesday. He argued that both Roethlisberger and Brady, who've won five Super Bowls between them, are on the outside of the five best signal callers through six weeks.

Dilfer dutifully noted that he was evaluating the players only on their performances thus far this season (and allowed that the rankings are likely to change). But he shook up the pantheon of elite quarterbacks by placing Kyle Orton, cast aside as an afterthought in Chicago just two seasons ago, in the top five:

1. Peyton Manning
    2. Drew Brees
    3. Eli Manning
    4. Brett Favre
    5. Kyle Orton

"This is a bottom-line business," Dilfer said in an appearance on SportsCenter. "And if we're going to judge coaches harshly and we're going to knee-jerk react early in the season when people win and lose, then I'm going to evaluate the quarterback position on one thing and one thing only: Do you win football games?"

The quarterbacks in Dilfer's top five have a collective record of 27-1.

Orton's career has taken off since he arrived in Denver with coach Josh McDaniels in the trade that sent Jay Cutler to Chicago. He has thrown nine TDs and just one INT (picked off by Randy Moss on a Hail Mary pass) while registering a 100.1 passer rating.

Why does he rank above Brady and Roethlisberger?

"He's getting better each week," Dilfer said. Orton isn't making mistakes, and that alone is projecting him above signal callers whose lapses tend to hurt their teams.

"This is a guy who has identified some issues that plagued him earlier in his career, and he's fixed them," Dilfer said.

The second half of Dilfer's top 10:

6. Aaron Rodgers
    7. Ben Roethlisberger
    8. Joe Flacco
    9. Tom Brady
    10. Carson Palmer

Notably missing from the list: Tony Romo, Kurt Warner, Philip Rivers and Donovan McNabb, and Cutler. All five of them were on USA TODAY's QB power rankings that my colleague Nate Davis assembled at the beginning of the season. -- Sean Leahy

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived T.K.O. For This Post:

Orton says all the right things! I love that. It is clear it is genuine, too. Orton knows this is the absolutely best place for him to be and will work it out to be here.

Nice!

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Yesterday on NFL Live, Trey Wingo, Mark Schlereth and Herm Edwards had Brandon on the phone, and he had nothing but praise for Kyle. I keep trying to find the conversation on espn, as Brandon was great, and they ask him about how he has turned his life around, as far as off the field. Would be great if someone could find the link to the conversation.
    Yea.....I saw that as well.............he was calling Orton "Bossman"......etc....had alot of good things to say about McD as well.

I hope we sign the players mentioned.......I just don't trust Marshall though.....even though he has been saying all the right things lately.
    He will ask for alot of money(obviously), and imo....he would leave in a heartbeat......although I guess you could say that about alot of players....but with all the crap he has pulled I just don't trust him.

Hell......he may even look for a kickball league to join....if the money is right....
    My 5 favorite teams:
    1.The Denver Broncos
    2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
    3.Any team that plays Michigan
    4.The Pittsburgh Pirates
    5.Oklahoma Lady Sooners Basketball Team

"Don't squander what you're given....make the most of precious time.....life's not only for the living...it's what you leave behind.....Brad Delp & Barry Goudreau

9. The Following User High Fived broncophan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by broncophan View Post
    Yea.....I saw that as well.............he was calling Orton "Bossman"......etc....had alot of good things to say about McD as well.

I hope we sign the players mentioned.......I just don't trust Marshall though.....even though he has been saying all the right things lately.
    He will ask for alot of money(obviously), and imo....he would leave in a heartbeat......although I guess you could say that about alot of players....but with all the crap he has pulled I just don't trust him.

Hell......he may even look for a kickball league to join....if the money is right....
    I may be wrong, but I don't think that Brandon now would leave in a heartbeat.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by broncophan View Post

I agree completely about Marshall. Part of me wants to believe that he is just young and learning as he goes... That everything we've seen has been genuine and he is legitimately trying to do the right things now...

But on the other hand, it wouldn't be hard for him to just follow the advice of his agent and publicist to say all the right things for a few months so that he can get his large payday--wherever that may be... One thing that stuck out to me is how he went and worked out with Rod Smith. Prior to this season, we had heard about how Rod tried to take him under his wing before but B-Marsh resisted. It just seemed like interesting timing that all of the sudden after his suspension he's suddenly embracing Rod Smith, he's hugging his coach at the press conference, etc.

I hope that I'm just being overly cynical... But it's hard for me to fully trust Brandon still.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    I may be wrong, but I don't think that Brandon now would leave in a heartbeat.
    I hope you are right.....I want him signed.....
    .....I never thought he would do something like kicking the ball like he did the other night.....and he was about ready to go after a defender after getting knocked out of bounds the other night as well......but Stokely stepped in (again).....and probably saved another penalty......
    My 5 favorite teams:
    1.The Denver Broncos
    4.The Pittsburgh Pirates

"Don't squander what you're given....make the most of precious time.....life's not only for the living...it's what you leave behind.....Brad Delp & Barry Goudreau

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I agree completely about Marshall. Part of me wants to believe that he is just young and learning as he goes... That everything we've seen has been genuine and he is legitimately trying to do the right things now...

But on the other hand, it wouldn't be hard for him to just follow the advice of his agent and publicist to say all the right things for a few months so that he can get his large payday--wherever that may be... One thing that stuck out to me is how he went and worked out with Rod Smith. Prior to this season, we had heard about how Rod tried to take him under his wing before but B-Marsh resisted. It just seemed like interesting timing that all of the sudden after his suspension he's suddenly embracing Rod Smith, he's hugging his coach at the press conference, etc.

I hope that I'm just being overly cynical... But it's hard for me to fully trust Brandon still.
    Exactly what I am thinking......the guy will make alot of money somewhere......I just hope it is in Denver...
    My 5 favorite teams:
    1.The Denver Broncos
    4.The Pittsburgh Pirates

15. The Following User High Fived broncophan For This Post:

Hamilton plays better in the zone block scheme. He isn't as effective when he's not. I wouldn't be surprised to see them cut ties at the end of the season and go for a guard that is a little bigger, unless they plan to move him to center when Casey hangs it up.

FWIW about marshall he has been doing and saying all the right things when he is conscious of what he is doing..

that little ball kicking incident IMHO shows that he has not turned over a new leaf yet.. there is anger and bitterness deep down inside just waiting for a chance to rear it ugly head..

I hope they can work out a deal for him as he is special but then so was a few other divas. TO coming to mind first and foremost.. a me person at best..

can Baby TO transform himself into Rod for the rest of his career .. that seems to be the 60 million dollar question.. or will he just want the money..

I guess we will see soon enough..

Adopted Bronco:

bowlen already said that brandon was playing his way to a substantial raise....i'm sure the f.o. is aware of the value of a reciever of his caliber,combine that with what looks like a playoff season (dare i say ....or more)
    i dont think marshall will be wanting to rush off to another team.
    we will be able to offer him a pretty sweet deal

bowlen already said that brandon was playing his way to a substantial raise....i'm sure the f.o. is aware of the value of a reciever of his caliber,combine that with what looks like a playoff season (dare i say ....or more)
    I have a feeling "substantial raise" means 2 completely different things to Bowlen and Marshalls agent..
    My 5 favorite teams:
    1.The Denver Broncos
    4.The Pittsburgh Pirates

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

But Bowlen did not say that the substantial raise would be from Denver. Things that go unsaid are sometimes just as important as the things that are said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Orton can't single left handedly ruin everything on O.
    We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time. - Vince Lombardi

"I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    dang it go drink some Fireball and find your own dang chicken....

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post
    But Bowlen did not say that the substantial raise would be from Denver. Things that go unsaid are sometimes just as important as the things that are said.

that was how I got it.. he will get a raise next year from someone.. and most likely we will get a first and a third from it..

23. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information