Thread: Philip Rivers brother going to Tenn??

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Default Philip Rivers brother going to Tenn??

Should be a good pick up for the Vols if he is as good as Philip was at NCST!!

Vols offer Rivers

Monday, October 12, 2009 | Print Entry

Posted by JC Shurburtt

There is another Rivers in Alabama and one SEC program has already stepped forward with a scholarship offer.

Class of 2011 ESPNU150 Watch List prospect Stephen Rivers (Athens, Ala./Athens) is the younger brother of San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers and has many of the same attributes his older brother does. The 6-foot-6, 200-pounder is a tall pocket passer and even has a similar release.

"When I went up to Tennessee, they told me I threw the ball just like (Philip)," Stephen Rivers said.
    The Vols were the first to step in with a written scholarship offer.
    "I was really excited about getting it," Rivers said. "When you get that first one, it really means a lot to you. I had the chance to go up there (for the Vols game with Auburn) a couple of weeks ago and I liked it a lot up on Rocky Top."
    Auburn, Alabama and others are showing attention to Rivers, who does have a geographic preference early in his recruitment.
    "I would rather stay in the area, in the South," he said. "It's just close to my home."
    So far this season, the younger Rivers has thrown for 1,500 yards, 15 touchdowns and just three interceptions for his team.
    "I try to make smart decisions in the passing game and I will sneak in a run every now and then," he said. "I can escape every once in a while."
    Rivers added that he has benefited from working out with his older brother and his father, Steve Rivers, who is the quarterbacks coach for his high school team.
    "It helps a lot," Stephen said. "I was around football a whole lot growing up with my dad being a coach and all. (Philip) watched some of my tapes and was pointing out some things I can do better."
    Last edited by Nomad; 10-21-2009 at 05:38 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

hopefully Notre Dame will step in and steal him from Tennessee just like they did with Jimmy Clausen.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by Overtime View Post
    hopefully Notre Dame will step in and steal him from Tennessee just like they did with Jimmy Clausen.
    Yeah they do need a new douche QB if Clausen moves on. And the younger River has douchiness in his genes.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

5. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I think Tennesse would be a horrible choice right now with whats been going on there with the undergrads getting arrested for robbery, etc. Sounds like Kiffin has no control on his guys there which would be a huge turnoff for me if im a player coming in.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I think Tennesse would be a horrible choice right now with whats been going on there with the undergrads getting arrested for robbery, etc. Sounds like Kiffin has no control on his guys there which would be a huge turnoff for me if im a player coming in.
    He's 18. Whichever school lines up the most ass for him when he visits will be the winner.

8. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    He's 18. Whichever school lines up the most ass for him when he visits will be the winner.
    Looks like Florida then!

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    just a stupid couple of thugs that are now kicked to the curb . . . were picking it up and UT is back on the rise, watch out

GO VOLS!!

this is the one problem we had is the QB position though, crompton performed exponentially better this year but that crappy games he did have were the ones we lost. he wasnt consistent against good competition. plus weve already got berrys brother in 2013!!! hahaha thats insane
    ------
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    ------

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information