Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Any word on Dawkins?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels AND Mike Nolan

I remember seeing the crawler on the bottom of the TV when we signed BD and thought "why isn't anyone paying more attention to this?" I liked his game, albeit watching limited Eagles games, but never did I imagine the kind of impact he has had on this team from a leadership standpoint as well as just flat out bringing the wood on every play. The passion he plays with is something we haven't seen for a long time. We are only 6 games into his Broncos career, but dare I say he is flying up the charts of our all-time best safeties and may, in time, enter the hallowed ground occupied by (standing up and covering heart) Dennis Smith and Steve Atwater!

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    I have not heard anything more but doubt it was a Hamstring pull more than it was a cramp the way they were working him on the sidelines stretching him it looked like a cramp more than pull. if it had been pulled I doubt he would have been able to play in the second half.. probably put some fluids in him and stretched during half time..

he is one player we can't afford to lose on the field..
    I hope you are right but one thing that has me concerned is McD was quoted after the game that no player suffered from cramps in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by broncofaninfla View Post
    I hope you are right but one thing that has me concerned is McD was quoted after the game that no player suffered from cramps in this game.

well I did not hear that.. Unless he took a shot to tame the pain and went back in to risk making the Hammy worse then that was a BAD decision on someones part.. it is a good thing we are going into the BYE week..

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    well I did not hear that.. Unless he took a shot to tame the pain and went back in to risk making the Hammy worse then that was a BAD decision on someones part.. it is a good thing we are going into the BYE week..
    Agreed. If it was a hammy it would be the first time I have ever seen a player return and be as effective as Dawkins was. With the physical games we have had and Dawkins injury this was a perfect week for a bye. Should have Buck back at 100% as well.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

Agreed. If it was a hammy it would be the first time I have ever seen a player return and be as effective as Dawkins was. With the physical games we have had and Dawkins injury this was a perfect week for a bye. Should have Buck back at 100% as well.

unless they taped that puppy up and gave him shot of some sort.. I do not see him playing like he did in the last half..

but Dawkins is animal so who knows..

7. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

McBath was a beast in his place, though. He did get some experience. But I hope Bdawk is ready for the Crows..........

9. The Following User High Fived Brand For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

I watched the game last night on NFL replay and it looked like a hammy to me the way he grabbed it. I don't see how it could be anything really bad the way he played in the second half.

Merry.

11. The Following User High Fived Day1BroncoFan For This Post:

I highly doubt the staff would risk further injury to our Defensive leader with the 2.5 game lead in the division. They don't seem the "short term gain long term sacrifice" bunch to me.

I also believe Dawk had some say so as to his return as well.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    I highly doubt the staff would risk further injury to our Defensive leader with the 2.5 game lead in the division. They don't seem the "short term gain long term sacrifice" bunch to me.

That's 3.5 games . . .

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

15. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    That's 3.5 games . . .

-----
    But during the game when deciding whether to put him back in or not it was still 2.5 games.

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    But during the game when deciding whether to put him back in or not it was still 2.5 games.
    Oh, okay. I was looking at it out of context, obviously . . .

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

19. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

I'm betting on a cramp! He got it stretched out and then was back in the game! If it was more serious not sure they would have let him abck at all let alone so quick. ...and Yes McBath played great. Only saw one "rookie" play..bad angle after a Gates catch but he still hustled after the wiff and made the tackle..great hustle!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post

Shoot when Dawkins returned to the line up he seemed to flying around the field like he normally does. I know I saw him at least one time leaping threw the air to get in on a play in the second half. Dawkins is as tough as they come but if had severely injured his hamstring I don't think he could have moved around as well as he did against the Chargers.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

i think phyliss had cramps that night.........

Adopted Bronco:
    Vonster

Quote Originally Posted by T.K.O. (team kyle orton) View Post
    i think phyliss had cramps that night.........
    She seemed cranky too. PMS?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information